Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads that are just too cool to even have to search for them. RULE: you can't create a thread in here, a moderator has to move it from any other location.

TOPIC:

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199577

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • More than what meets the eye.
  • Thank you received: 100

Luna wrote: Lots of clientele tonight, huh Jack?

I'll fix it right up, Robert. Your day's half over, but that means you're half done. Hope this virtual poison helps you through the rest.

Thats a joke for the books! :P

Your Friendly DFNews Anchorman
Lets Rise

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199581

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot
  • Thank you received: 411

I'll fix it right up, Robert. Your day's half over, but that means you're half done. Hope this virtual poison helps you through the rest.

Thanks Luna, just a lot of new projects popping up left and right...

@Blaze
Tough day at school? Or is it still vacation time at your area and you're doing part time work?

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199593

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

@Blaze
Tough day at school? Or is it still vacation time at your area and you're doing part time work?

No ive been working on this case (lawyer issues) and I cant tell you what its about because i've sworn to secrecy, and now the people on here, just want to pick fights, and its day two, ive had enough, first day was my fault but today, lets not start it.

Lets Rise

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199595

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

@Blaze

No ive been working on this case (lawyer issues) and I cant tell you what its about because i've sworn to secrecy, and now the people on here, just want to pick fights, and its day two, ive had enough, first day was my fault but today, lets not start it.

Like Luna said, whatever happens outside the Jolly Roger stays outside, and whatever happens inside the JR stays inside. Good luck on the lawyer issues you're handling. Pretty messy stuff if I'm not mistaken..
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199596

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

@Blaze

Like Luna said, whatever happens outside the Jolly Roger stays outside, and whatever happens inside the JR stays inside. Good luck on the lawyer issues you're handling. Pretty messy stuff if I'm not mistaken..

Yes, indeed, im in not only a deep hole, but its full of shit, and the best thing to say at a moment like that, is "this stinks."

Lets Rise

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199599

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

@Blaze

Yes, indeed, im in not only a deep hole, but its full of shit, and the best thing to say at a moment like that, is "this stinks."

Just give it a bit more time (if possible), think over the solutions available, and you'll be out of it soon in a far better shape than you were before experiencing it.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199600

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

@Blaze

Just give it a bit more time (if possible), think over the solutions available, and you'll be out of it soon in a far better shape than you were before experiencing it.

Here an old psychology question, I got wrong in high school, "Two boys, a younger one and and older one, wanted to run away together, but they needed some money, so they each made a plain to get that money.
The older one held a store up at gun point, while the younger one whent up to an old man and lied saying, "Im sick, sir please help me, my family cant pay for the treatments to cure me." so the old man gave the younger boy the money and said "pay me back some day" the youger boy agreed of course.
Then after getting the money, the boys ran off on there own.

Who committed the worse crime?
A) the older boy
B ) The younger boy

Lets Rise

Last edit: by Yellow1Blaze.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199601

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

@Blaze

Here an old psychology question, I got wrong in high school, "Two boys, a younger one and and older one, wanted to run away together, but they needed some money, so they each made a plain to get that money.
The older one held a store up at gun point, while the younger one whent up to an old man and lied saying, "Im sick, sir please help me, my family cant pay for the treatments to cure me." so the old man gave the younger boy the money and said "pay me back some day" the youger boy agreed of course.

A) the older boy
B ) The younger boy

For me, its the younger boy. He lied to an old man to get some money... Money that the old man would have trouble earning or recovering again assuming that he has no insurance or retirement package... That and maybe the money the younger boy stole from the old man might've been all the money that the old man has.

At least the store can recover lost money far faster than an old man can. Of course, points for the younger guy to use guile and deception rather than all out violence.. Just my two cents.

Last edit: by [TFL] Robert33.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199602

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

@Blaze

A) the older boy
B ) The younger boy

For me, its the younger boy. He lied to an old man to get some money... Money that the old man would have trouble earning or recovering again assuming that he has no insurance or retirement package... That and maybe the money the younger boy stole from the old man might've been all the money that the old man has.

At least the store can recover lost money far faster than an old man can. Just my two cents.

You are correct, as you can see I chose, A because I feel that threatening ones life is farrrrr more serous than lieing, and the best part is, what if some day the boy did pay him back, the question never stated the boy wouldn't pay him back, if you got the question wrong you are permanently labeled as an antisocial person, but if you got it correct, no offence but this is exactly what it says in the book I got, you are labeled as a psychopath, or a person with the inability to feel emotions that a normal human being such as you and I feel.
But now, after all the time, I look back and say, I choose letter C) they both wronged and they should both be punished for what they did.

Lets Rise

Last edit: by Yellow1Blaze.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199603

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

@Blaze

A) the older boy
B ) The younger boy

At least the store can recover lost money far faster than an old man can. Just my two cents.

You are correct, as you can see I chose, A because I feel that threatening ones life is farrrrr more serous than lieing, and the best part is, what if some day the boy did pay him back, the question never stated the boy wouldn't pay him back, if you got the question wrong you are permanently labeled as an antisocial person, but if you got it correct, no offence but this is exactly what it says in the book I got, you are labeled as a psychopath, or a person with the inability to feel emotions that a normal human being such as you and I feel.
But now, after all the time, I look back and say, I choose letter C) they both wronged and they should both be punished for what they did.

Lol, no offense taken. The scary thing about law is how the final interpretation of a case by the highest available authority (based on the available laws) would turn out. And you are right about the possibility of the younger guy paying back the old man. Its just a question of if he will and when. I'm curious though, how did the book that you have define people with choice A as anti-social and those who went with choice B as psychpaths?

And yes, I finally saw that it was a trick question when you mentioned your hindsight about Option C ;)

Last edit: by [TFL] Robert33.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199605

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote:

@Blaze

A) the older boy
B ) The younger boy

Lol, no offense taken. The scary thing about law is how the final interpretation of a case by the highest available authority (based on the available laws) would turn out. And you are right about the possibility of the younger guy paying back the old man. Its just a question of if he will and when. I'm curious though, how did the book that you have define people with choice A as anti-social and those who went with choice B as psychpaths?

And yes, I finally saw that it was a trick question when you mentioned your hindsight about Option C ;)

well thats why I didnt presue psychology, all it is, is diagnosing a person, with no proof whatsoever
its like me saying your a registered sex offender and not knowing jack shit about you, at the end of the day, my job is to prove people to be good people, and lieing all the time(when it comes to those certen few people, jotta pay the bills some how), as a religious man, I still beg for forgiveness

Lets Rise

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199732

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
  • Thank you received: 577
It’s early; I’ll take a mimosa.

I just watched a Bob’s Burgers episode (anyone here a fan?) where Bob goes to a My Little Pony Convention for grown men. The episode made many allusions to sex fetishes and pedophilia. Very strange cartoon show. Turns out (curiosity got the best of me), there are actually grown men who do this My Little Pony stuff. Now, I can’t help but to wonder if there are any DF pilots sitting in their favorite My Little Pony outfits writing forum posts and/or shooting at me. Strange, strange world out there, No?

Have you seen that episode of Bob's Burgers, Blaze? Are you still here? Maybe you could enlighten us?

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199746

• jacklpe
  • jacklpe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027

H.L.Finn wrote: It’s early; I’ll take a mimosa.

I just watched a Bob’s Burgers episode (anyone here a fan?) where Bob goes to a My Little Pony Convention for grown men. The episode made many allusions to sex fetishes and pedophilia. Very strange cartoon show. Turns out (curiosity got the best of me), there are actually grown men who do this My Little Pony stuff. Now, I can’t help but to wonder if there are any DF pilots sitting in their favorite My Little Pony outfits writing forum posts and/or shooting at me. Strange, strange world out there, No?

Have you seen that episode of Bob's Burgers, Blaze? Are you still here? Maybe you could enlighten us?

Probably a few at M.O.M, but of course just a few.... We usually try to steer them towards the piano bar up the street or something.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199747

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Now we all know why I haven't posted a pic on the Faces thread.

Kidding! Just Kidding!

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199750

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hilarious!! @ Manfred and Jack.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199752

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
Secretly, over my last year in dogfight, I have stayed unaffiliated, in order to use my unaffiliated status recruiting trips as a way to infiltrate various squads. Behind the scenes, hidden to all but the secret few, lies an underworld of bronies, adult men who dress up like their favorite My Little Pony characters, and they are behind most of the premiere squads, and hold secret members only meetings dressed in pony finery. I have finished my report, and present it here, at this noble establishment of neutrality, for all to see.

First, M.O.M, in their equine splendor...

The Misfits (oh how apropos the name is)...

The Falcons...

Gunners Inc.

TFL...

and finally, Dogfight Clan, the largest squad...

Now that the truth is out there, I'm glad we can move on from this terrible chapter in DF, but I'm gonna need a bottle of Cuervo and a glass to forget all that I have seen.
This Gun's For Hire

The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, [*M]VonHuLK, [TFL] Robert33

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199759

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
Hate to break it to you guys, but I'm a fan of that whole MLP thing. Always have been since before I joined DF. My name is based off a character from the show -- Princess Luna

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, jacklpe, [*M]VonHuLK, Longrifle, [TFL] Robert33

Last edit: by Luna.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199761

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Now I understand why most of the squad invites I have received said, "Wanna pony-up with us?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Longrifle

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199764

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

How did MLP even get brought up??? I know the show has become one of the most popular kids show and adult show too apparently...

But..... since we are on the subject I did find this.
Pinkie Promise
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, [*M]VonHuLK, [TFL] Robert33

Last edit: by tKestrel old.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199801

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Luna wrote: Hate to break it to you guys, but I'm a fan of that whole MLP thing. Always have been since before I joined DF. My name is based off a character from the show -- Princess Luna

I guess that settles it then. If Luna likes it, then we'll allow it. Luna, if you want to wear a Pony costume to work, feel free. Hell, I'm sure most of our patrons would love it. I'm just happy to have one of the most intelligent and respected persons in the game on my side. If you need wall space to honor your MLP interests, you can have it. I'm not gonna let you paint the entire bar with rainbows though... Sorry.

On the other hand, the M.O.M. Pilots that come in that way are a little strange to a traditional guy like me. I guess I'll let you make the call now on whether you think they are MLP worthy, or just old men that got lost on their way to the adult bookstore. Either way, long as they behave, I don't guess I care. In the mean time, feel free to educate me on the subject, cause I don't have a clue.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Luna, Longrifle

Last edit: by jacklpe.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199814

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
Here's My Little Pony. Daughter rides him but I pay for him.
dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/2-gossi...dogs?start=28#132312

Actually, she recently moved on to a big horse. But he is still the Prince Blueblood in our hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luna, jacklpe

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199834

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
I'm actually more of a passive fan, Jack. I'm not the type of gal to go to those wacky conventions or collect memorabilia. I usually never bring it up unless anybody asks. Sorry, no cutesy pony outfits to work. I just enjoy the show from time to time. I remember watching the show when I was a little girl, so when I found out about the reboot I checked it out, and hey -- I enjoyed it.

Now, I'm not exactly sure why the show gathered such a large, unusual fanbase. I've got nothing against these guys, but I'm not exactly considering myself a "brony". Also, I know nothing about the whole pedophilia/bestiality stuff that gets associated with the adult fans. It's a children's show, for christssake. Still, I like watching multi-chromatic mini-equestrians jumping around singing soungs about friendship and magic. I find it adorable, what can I say?

So yeah, don't worry about the bar. I'll keep the decor up to Kestrel, and leave the ponies at home.

Oh, and don't call me Princess. Luna is fine. :P

Last edit: by Luna.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199839

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Luna wrote: I'm actually more of a passive fan, Jack. I'm not the type of gal to go to those wacky conventions or collect memorabilia. I usually never bring it up unless anybody asks. Sorry, no cutesy pony outfits to work. I just enjoy the show from time to time. I remember watching the show when I was a little girl, so when I found out about the reboot I checked it out, and hey -- I enjoyed it.

Now, I'm not exactly sure why the show gathered such a large, unusual fanbase. I've got nothing against these guys, but I'm not exactly considering myself a "brony". Also, I know nothing about the whole pedophilia/bestiality stuff that gets associated with the adult fans. It's a children's show, for christssake. Still, I like watching multi-chromatic mini-equestrians jumping around singing soungs about friendship and magic. I find it adorable, what can I say?

So yeah, don't worry about the bar. I'll keep the decor up to Kestrel, and leave the ponies at home.

Oh, and don't call me Princess. Luna is fine. :P

Thanks for the explanation, but you didn't have to. And, I certainly didn't have you pegged for associating with those interested in the pedophilia type of crap. Actually if anyone that spends time in our establishment is of that persuasion, feel free to stick a gun to your head and pull the trigger. You are not wanted here. It's sickening how people take innocent things and make something awful out of it.

Anyway... I love goofy old totally unrealistic trucking movies, 60's and 70's reruns (Chips anyone?) and all kinds of goofy stuff that I figure most people would find pretty amusing. I was born in the wrong decade though, if not the wrong century.

My point is, you command a lot of respect here, so as a general rule what you like, we like.

I think we are going to keep the picture of the unicorn on the wall though... It goes with the funky mix of everything else we have pretty well.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash

Last edit: by jacklpe.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199912

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Do you happen to stock Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier, its the most popular beer in my country, and my favorite.

Lets Rise

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199915

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
On tap, or in the bottle? We have both.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199927

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

jacklpe wrote: On tap, or in the bottle? We have both.

:woohoo:
ill take a glass, Pays double for one.

Lets Rise

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199943

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
Matthew, if you are a fan of the Oreo Milkshake, we make them very thick and refreshing here.

Interesting analogy on the other thread about virtual vices being real vices. Some truth there, and as Jacko said, we definitely don't push the alcohol theme, and we want to be very sensitive to those who in real life are recovering from addiction. That is certainly no joke.

Yet, I consume a virtual oreo milkshake every time I logon to the DF forum. In real life, I lost 7 pounds back in April, and haven't gained it back. Not sure what that means.

Anyway, whatever you are drinking, I'll put the next one in a frosty mug for you.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, Yellow1Blaze

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199947

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065
Damn was my last brew served rodeo style? It was rather warm and was a little sal.......damnit...that wasn't a glass of beer.....
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199963

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Weather[*M]an wrote: Damn was my last brew served rodeo style? It was rather warm and was a little sal.......damnit...that wasn't a glass of beer.....

Dude! You've gotta stop ordering Bear Whiz Beer, and expecting it to be a joke! Next time, try a Bud, or Miller, or Corona or even a Weihenstephwhateverthehellthatis Hefewhoopassgermanbier or something. Leave the Bear Whiz to those that come riding in down the mountain every once in a while.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #199998

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

jacklpe wrote:

Weather[*M]an wrote: Damn was my last brew served rodeo style? It was rather warm and was a little sal.......damnit...that wasn't a glass of beer.....

Dude! You've gotta stop ordering Bear Whiz Beer, and expecting it to be a joke! Next time, try a Bud, or Miller, or Corona or even a Weihenstephwhateverthehellthatis Hefewhoopassgermanbier or something. Leave the Bear Whiz to those that come riding in down the mountain every once in a while.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier

Lets Rise

Time to create page: 1.526 seconds