Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads that are just too cool to even have to search for them. RULE: you can't create a thread in here, a moderator has to move it from any other location.

TOPIC:

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203431

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Ok guys, I think I broke the AC.....

Yea I was adding the freon, and then next thibg I know tge AC started smoking, then BOOM, and now it wobt turn in :pinch: :whistle:
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203432

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709

tKestrel wrote: Ok guys, I think I broke the AC.....

Yea I was adding the freon, and then next thibg I know tge AC started smoking, then BOOM, and now it wobt turn in :pinch: :whistle:

haha yes when i came in the door i was engulfed by the hot air conditioner

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203434

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yellow1Blaze wrote: Ich brauche einen Drink, den stärksten du

sie bedarf zu sprechen zu manfred yber da.
Lol i hope i said that right blaze tell me if it made no sense not sure if i got all the words right

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203435

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • More than what meets the eye.
  • Thank you received: 100
hahaha

Your Friendly DFNews Anchorman
Lets Rise

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203436

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yellow1Blaze wrote: hahaha

;) hehe

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203465

• jacklpe
  • jacklpe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027

Jasonmc wrote:

jacklpe wrote:

Manfred wrote: Nothing more needed from the EPA, but any contacts at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission could be useful.

Umm, I thought you had that handled... Oh crap. Looks like I'm going to be on the phone for a while.

I actually got a phone call from my buddy he say as long as you don't blow anything up or try to move anything radioactive that weighs more than 500 lbs, and it marked with a red JR . He can make eye look the other way. The only catch is I might have promised him a box of Cubans finest. So if you could get me a box and put them on my tab.

A box for him, and two boxes for you sir. Thank you very much.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203466

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[WB]War hawk1-5 wrote:

haha yes when i came in the door i was engulfed by the hot air conditioner

Kes, that one was just for show anyway. There are still some systems and such that we haven't showed you yet... And probably won't until your mechanical skills improve quite a bit. We still occasionally use that one when doing service to the other systems though, so you can learn how to fix it. Have fun!

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WB|War hawk1-5

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203467

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
so

Lets Rise

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203483

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I went for a very uncustomary joyride this evening. A nice break.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather[*M]an

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203488

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Jack what is the strongest drink you got

Lets Rise

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203509

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Nice picture jack!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 9 months ago #203510

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

A day or two ago me and maniac did some acrobatics (almost hit each other :lol: close call)
Attachments:

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204003

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Have all of these locked accounts been unlocked yet?

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204006

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2533

Perhaps Kes should work with some R717 for awhile. One whiff of that stuff and maybe he will be a little more careful when working on refer systems and try not to vent so much. On another note after reading around forum today I could use a place to hang out for a bit and a nice cup of joe sounds good.

I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, Weather[*M]an

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204014

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BT, you are welcome to hang out here anytime you like. We have a strict rule against feelings, that I enforce on myself too. We make exceptions for great personal loss (death of a loved one, or something like that), or real life stress if you need a place to vent, but that's just about it. The rest of the baloney stays outside, and whatever is going on here basically stays inside. So, yea, you're in the right place.

I'm sure you've had this conversation with others here, but I've got to ask, how long were you on a sub? That's some serious life in a bubble. I know those things can remain submerged for a long friggin time too... There is a lot I don't know about those things, or ships for that matter also. In another life, I think I would maybe have enjoyed working on a ship... Although big waves and drowning scare the crap out of me.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BTJ582

Last edit: by jacklpe.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204021

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Longest period I spent at sea with no port call was 120 days and 95 of those were submerged. Went to sea anywhere from a day or two to months at a time. I spent 9 years in the Navy. I rode 4 different boats poking holes in both the Pacfic and Atlantic. I picked subs cause I too was prone to seasickness :sick: and hate big waves but I saw my share.

Last edit: by BTJ582.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204025

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BTJ582 wrote: Longest period I spent at sea with no port call was 120 days and 95 of those were submerged. Went to sea anywhere fro a day or two to months at a time. I spent 9 years in the Navy. I rode 4 different boats poking holes in both the Pacfic and Atlantic. I picked subs cause I too was prone to seasickness :sick:

Do you just deal with it by accepting that you have a mission and nothing else, or does it get tough? Also, being so confined with other people for so long? How does one mentally adjust to spending a third of a year in a bubble? One of my wife's cousins was on a sub... He seemed to really have loved it. It must have some draw for some people.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204027

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Young and dumb I guess but yes I enjoyed it too. It was a job and it was fun playing hide and seek with the Russians. Oh the Cold War. Perhaps I am looking through rose colored glasses all these years later. Yes the mindset was its a job and as soon as we get it done the sooner we could get back to our other life. I imagine countless psych books and studies could be written. I have always been a bit of a loner so maybe we were all that way. Now those guys that jumped from planes into a war zone were the crazy ones.

Last edit: by BTJ582.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204032

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BTJ582 wrote: Young and dumb I guess but yes I enjoyed it too. It was a job and it was fun playing hide and seek with the Russians. Oh the Cold War. Perhaps I am looking through rose colored glasses all these years later. Yes the mindset was its a job and as soon as we get it done the sooner we could get back to our other life. I imagine countless psych books and studies could be written. I have always been a bit of a loner so maybe we were all that way. Now those guys that jumped from planes into a war zone were the crazy ones.

The mentioned family member held a record on undetected tracking during that time. I can't say his life after the Navy was nearly as glamorous, but he was very very proud of that. I'm sure the cat and mouse game still goes on today.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204033

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

jacklpe wrote:

BTJ582 wrote: Young and dumb I guess but yes I enjoyed it too. It was a job and it was fun playing hide and seek with the Russians. Oh the Cold War. Perhaps I am looking through rose colored glasses all these years later. Yes the mindset was its a job and as soon as we get it done the sooner we could get back to our other life. I imagine countless psych books and studies could be written. I have always been a bit of a loner so maybe we were all that way. Now those guys that jumped from planes into a war zone were the crazy ones.

The mentioned family member held a record on undetected tracking during that time. I can't say his life after the Navy was nearly as glamorous, but he was very very proud of that. I'm sure the cat and mouse game still goes on today.

Oh I think that may have been the Lapon. I have heard the story and I have gazed upon that boat in awe. She was a hot runner and we all strived for the same opportunity. Many did not and still do not understand but a feat like that was a thing to be proud of. Im sure the games continue as the Bear really never did go to sleep as neither have we.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204129

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
If I ever get the chance, I'll ask. That guy used to live down here, and I used to see him every once in a while. Now he lives about 1300 miles from here, and I haven't seen him in years. We worked together on a construction job for a while to help out a mutual family member, and that's where he was telling me about it. He was a sonar man on the sub, and was proud of that. As he should have been.

In the mean time, it's a pleasure to talk with you also about it, and I appreciate your service.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204139

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065
Man BTJ, I got so close I could taste it, but alas, my nuclear engineer position was the victim of budget cuts.
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204155

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Here we are, Saturday morning, rustic hotel in the backwoods of Sonoma County CA, wife is off on a half Ironman, and the girls and I are watching My Little Pony while finishing breakfast. Or rather, I am playing a little Dogfight and surfing the forum while they watch. MLP is a little young for my 12 yr old, but she loves horses and can't resist. The 9 yr old has TV face on, glassy eyes and mouth drooped open. Actually they both do. One of the reasons that TV is a 60mins per day thing for our family.

So on that note, a little survey. Do any of you parents limit TV for your kids? I never had a limit growing up in the 70's. So I am the product of waaayyy too much Gilligan, Three Stooges, and Mannix. I had my doubts about the 60min limit, but it's worked well so far, and the kids don't care too much to watch, even at friends' houses. They probably use the 60min a few times a week, and don't turn on the tube about half the days. I feel fortunate in the face of other stories I hear.

Manfred Mannix

Thzzwze Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204159

• DD I Stranger
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 414
Hello lady and gentlemen.

I had a hot and steamy night with a barmaid here some months ago and haven't seen her around since, her name was RealTink, does anyone remember her or know of her whereabouts? She was beautiful :woohoo:

Yours sincerely,

CrazedDragon.

Thzzwze Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204195

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

CrazedDragon wrote: Hello lady and gentlemen.

I had a hot and steamy night with a barmaid here some months ago and haven't seen her around since, her name was RealTink, does anyone remember her or know of her whereabouts? She was beautiful :woohoo:

Yours sincerely,

CrazedDragon.

She ran off with some crazy guy... We do miss he though.

Manfred, we do attempt limits, but it's not too set in stone. I believe that they should watch less. If you add all that they watch in a day they probably average about 2-2.5 hours and I think that's too much... As I sit here on my phone... :/ My kids do love their TV a little too much though, so taking it away is a fairly effective form of discipline for some things.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred

Thzzwze Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204238

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

jacklpe wrote:

CrazedDragon wrote: Hello lady and gentlemen.

Yours sincerely,

CrazedDragon.

She ran off with some crazy guy... We do miss he though.

Manfred, we do attempt limits, but it's not too set in stone. I believe that they should watch less. If you add all that they watch in a day they probably average about 2-2.5 hours and I think that's too much... As I sit here on my phone... :/ My kids do love their TV a little too much though, so taking it away is a fairly effective form of discipline for some things.

My kids it's all computer and when it's nice out we make them go outside...sad thing is no other kids seem to be out there. Our place is the only one with hula hoops and scooters and bikes and skateboards it seems. Sad really...my kids of course throw boomerangs too ;)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, jacklpe

Thzzwze Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204361

• [£] Pie of Jerry
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Delicious & DEADLY....... La vie est belle!
  • Thank you received: 591

*ding* rings bell, Jacklpe- TWO GUINNESS ON TAP PLEASE.
IN YOUR OVEN OR ON YOUR SIX!

Thzzwze Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204376

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Odd, I thought I had disposed of that dang bell.

Two guinness coming right up. Yankee frosty mug, or Continental body temp glass?

Manfred

Thzzwze Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204380

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Manfred wrote: Odd, I thought I had disposed of that dang bell.

Two guinness coming right up. Yankee frosty mug, or Continental body temp glass?

Manfred

I checked the DVR... Strangely enough, he brought his own bell! We'll put it in the skeet thrower later though. There is a nice 16 gauge in my office that I've been dying to shoot. The perfect trap gun! Maybe if I hit it, it will ring.

Thzzwze Jolly Roger! 9 years 8 months ago #204383

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Alrighty guys. Ill have my usual :). Is it alright if I drink it while I play some pool, havent played a good game of pool in ages
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

Time to create page: 0.979 seconds