Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads that are just too cool to even have to search for them. RULE: you can't create a thread in here, a moderator has to move it from any other location.

TOPIC:

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #190855

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
Y'know, I'm pretty sure there's these little trolls that come in here when no one's looking to chop off little pieces from our barstools' legs. A seat that rocks back and forth because of uneven legs vexes me like crazy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #190870

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Which is why I installed leg levelers on my patio table. Really. Leg levelers solve all sorts of life problems.

Hey Luna, I posted this on the RC thread, recognize this place?
dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/cool-th...-rc?start=392#190804

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #190872

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred

tKestrel wrote: Hey manfred ill trade u some gummy bears for a twizzler ;) come on u know u wan em hehe

With all due respect, that'll have to be a lot of gummy bears for me to give up a Twizzler. I mean, it's not like you have a KitKat bar, or Peeps.

I guess I'm showing my vices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old

Last edit: by Manfred.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #190944

• yakuza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 556
Sry, just had to drop in to use the lil boyz room. :blush: .....It's all Hell out there with bullets flying left right and center.... but u know how it is, When u gotta go, u gotta go....... :S
ps. Davy.... I'm with ya buddy! I recent what TK called ya pal!...... After all.....your NOT EXCACTLY TALL SKINNY :whistle:

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191030

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Manfred wrote: Which is why I installed leg levelers on my patio table. Really. Leg levelers solve all sorts of life problems.

Hey Luna, I posted this on the RC thread, recognize this place?
dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/cool-th...-rc?start=392#190804

Sure do! Oceanside Harbor, very close to the main gate of Camp Pendleton. There's a Joe's Crab Shack there that my friends and I go to every couple of weeks. The Lighthouse Bar & Grill is great too.

It's just a couple miles south of Del Mar Beach, which is where the 13th MEU is stationed. My barracks is very close to that place. In fact, if I got up and left right now, I would be there in less than five minutes (if the I-5 isn't backed up, lol) If you live close to there, you and I are practically neighbors!

Last edit: by Luna.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191034

• jacklpe
  • jacklpe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
Hi guys! Had a little oral surgery, learned not to enjoy epinephrine on an empty stomach... Another day/no dollars. Hopefully everyone is doing well.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191102

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred

jacklpe wrote: Hi guys! Had a little oral surgery, learned not to enjoy epinephrine on an empty stomach... Another day/no dollars. Hopefully everyone is doing well.

Hey bossman,

You do realize that your equation

. Another day
.~~~~~~~~~~~~~ = Infinite days
. 0.0 dollars

Wow, you just found a way to create time from nothing! You are a genius.

Of course, infinite time kind of sucks when you are doubled over from painkiller nausea.

Manfred

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191103

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred

Luna wrote: Sure do! Oceanside Harbor, very close to the main gate of Camp Pendleton. There's a Joe's Crab Shack there that my friends and I go to every couple of weeks. The Lighthouse Bar & Grill is great too.

It's just a couple miles south of Del Mar Beach, which is where the 13th MEU is stationed. My barracks is very close to that place. In fact, if I got up and left right now, I would be there in less than five minutes (if the I-5 isn't backed up, lol) If you live close to there, you and I are practically neighbors![/color]

I am hoping to get some footage of that lighthouse sometime, but not when people are milling about. Probably needs to be early in the morning, early enough for no crowds, and late enough not to wake any boat residents. Eh, maybe Oceanside Pier is a better subject. But it requires some guts not yet available to this pilot.

Trivia question: Do you know the name of the restaurant at the very north side of the harbor?

The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191143

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711

Here's what I'm drinking tonight. It's not as peppery as I would have expected from Rogue, I've had spicy ones fron other breweries.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191145

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Hey guys, im flat broke, can I please have a raise?
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191166

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
Been saving some of the tips for you.

Look in your coins, there's supposed to be a refund in there if you've been buying expensive planes.

I'll join you in a vanilla coke, except mine will have ice cream :silly:

Interesting beer Jacob. None for me, I'm counting calories. (by the thousands!)

Manfred

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191211

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Manfred wrote:

jacklpe wrote: Hi guys! Had a little oral surgery, learned not to enjoy epinephrine on an empty stomach... Another day/no dollars. Hopefully everyone is doing well.

Hey bossman,

You do realize that your equation

. Another day
.~~~~~~~~~~~~~ = Infinite days
. 0.0 dollars

Wow, you just found a way to create time from nothing! You are a genius.

Of course, infinite time kind of sucks when you are doubled over from painkiller nausea.

Manfred

I wasn't doubled over... I went for a spin. Actually, the room did, and it wasn't all that pleasant.

Kes, yes you can have a raise. How much do you need? Btw, I think I have a buyer for your favorite rocket launcher. Whatever I get over cost on that should cover at least a year of college for you.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191227

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Thx guys, yea ive been blowing my money :( And as soon as I got my refund check, I ble it again :pinch: I only have 5 k in my account at the moment

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191238

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!
  • Thank you received: 539
It was a normal day, not unlike any other day in the Dogfight world. The Dogfight world can be constricting as it only consists of a finite amount of space and heaven exists somewhere 4,000 feet up (or maybe it’s kilometers as the Dogfight god is European). Sure it can rain in this world or even snow but this was a sunny day as most days are and our hero Zandor Hawke should have been feeling good about himself. But Zandor had a problem and that’s where this day became special and unlike any other Dogfight day.

You see, Zandor was placed into this world some time ago and in that time had accumulated a number of kills and deaths (although we don’t like to talk about that) and in the process had a nice tidy sum of cash. Having cash in this world was nothing unusual as Dogfight currency was easy to accumulate but difficult to spend. It was sort of like belly button lint in the “real” world. But a few days prior god had come down from the skies and provided a purpose for this cash by creating new planes and equipment to purchase and Zandor dropped to his knees (as best he could as he was given no knees) and he was thankful. But, our hero Zandor was also a smart virtually created avatar and he quickly realized that these new planes and equipment would far exceed his significant cash savings. So, Zandor thought about what god had provided and what he could provide to god and realized that the D8 was really the way to go. So, Zandor purchased the D8 and fully upgraded his new chariot and, although this made him happy, he also realized he was around 2.5 million poorer than before. But Zandor seldom dwells on what might have been and instead envisions on what could be and in this vein took to the skies in his new D8. Zandor felt powerful and in truth was powerful and the other pilots were envious and slightly fearful and Zandor was happy. Zandor would become even happier when god reappeared and said that the prices for the planes would be set lower and that all who purchased at the original price would receive refunds. Zandor again dropped to his knees and was thankful. But fate is a cruel mistress as Zandor discovered as he waited and waited and waited for his refund. Finally, Zandor decided to contact god to see about this righteous refund and he held out hope for a response. A response would come as god found Zandor honorable and virtuous and was told that he received the refund. Zandor paused and with a nervous excitement he rechecked his fiscal situation and again found it wanting. Zandor then replied back to god and carefully told him that he had not received the refund and quickly retreated bowing his head and waited for the lightning bolt to his heart that would surely follow. But the Dogfight god is a benevolent god and he just smiled (we can only assume he smiled as Zandor had his head down) and said, “I GAVE YOU YOUR REFUND! YOU OBVIOUSLY SPENT IT ON SOMETHING! NOW BE GONE!!!!”, and Zandor was gone before the second exclamation point.

Which brings us back to this normal but not normal sunny day in the Dogfight world. You see Zandor knows he is correct and equally knows that god is correct and is trying to figure out how both he and god can be right. Zandor knows he would have received over 500K in coins back but doesn’t see the fruits of this money in his hangars. So how else can Zandor spend coins in the Dogfight world and then it hits him as clear as the Dogfight sky (with clouds disabled), he must have gone to the Jolly Roger! But Zandor has no memory of going to the Jolly Roger and, in fact, has no memory of ever going to the Jolly Roger but go he does today because there is no other solution to this perplexing riddle. So, Zandor finds a CTC game and instead flies to the Jolly Roger and parks his new D8 next to the other planes and walks to the door where he is quickly met by Big C.

“We’re not going to have any more trouble from you tonight, are we Hawke?”, Big C states firmly.

“Uh, no.” is the only response Zandor can meekly spit out.

Zandor then walks through the door and is greeted by a Cheers like Norm greeting, “ZANDOR!” Zandor is confused and his head is spinning but the interior looks familiar and he figures he has entered a dream like world not unlike the tunnels that exist beneath him. He looks to the bar and Luna returns his gaze with a knowing smile, and Zandor starts to feel normal again. He then looks over to the bartender and Manfred also gives him a knowing smile AND THEN A WINK and Zandor feels sick and a new (painful) sensation appears, which causes a shudder right before Zandor hits the floor face first. The next memory is the face of Jacklpe hovering over him and the smell of his breath that can only be described as a rotting corpse drenched in day-old beer.

“We don’t judge here Zandor, but I have to ask you to leave as I know you have no money.”, Jacklpe states matter of factly.

The next thing Zandor feels are a pair of arms as both Big C and a shockingly strong Luna carry him to the door and out to the lake where he is dropped unceremoniously in 3 feet of water. Zandor lets the cool water flow over him until a screen pops up that says, “YOU LOSE” and Zandor knows he can either quit or play again. Zandor, since he is our hero, knows he will not quit but, instead, will continue the good fight always wondering where his money went and what that wink meant.
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Baracca

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191251

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Zandor, you could make one hell of an RP thread (even though the Jolly Roger basically is one). :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZandorHawke

Last edit: by Luna.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191273

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Our hero...

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191287

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Rotting corpse??? Don't be surprised if the plane disappears. With you in it...

The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191440

• Allied
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
  • Thank you received: 162
Meanwhile in Russia...

Little known fact: Putin rode the guy who jumped from space.
our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
[IMG]img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912171940...320px-Union_flag_160[IMG]
Attachments:

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191651

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Luna wrote: Zandor, you could make one hell of an RP thread (even though the Jolly Roger basically is one). :lol:

Half truth, half crap, often in the same sentence. Yet, none of it is a lie. This is the most fun style of writing I can even imagine. :woohoo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Jasonmc

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #191731

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Lol, yea its a good story. Ill give him that hehe ;) good clean entertainment. Thx zander

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #192056

• Mrs.Ghost
  • Thank you received: 108
Mrs.Ghost

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #192098

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi folks. I haven't been feeling too hot this weekend. I'll be back soon though.

Jacklpe

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #192124

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7264

jacklpe wrote: Hi folks. I haven't been feeling too hot this weekend. I'll be back soon though.

Jacklpe

Must be in the air, cuse i dont feel good either! Ugh!!

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #192146

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ok guys, ill take a banana peanut butter milkshake, Xtra peanut butter. Ill be spending my time around here quite a bit.

O and Jack, I found a great flatland beyond the storage building, passed the bridge that is a great place ti build an Apple Cider farm house. Mught take about a week or 2 to build, but the location us perfect. Ive already planted the Apple tree field. We will have REAL home made cider in no time ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, jacklpe

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #192390

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'm in ICU right now. Dr Dave can be my spokesperson. Manfred's the boss till I get back. Hopefully I won't be long. Take care everybody.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, tKestrel old, [DD]Big C, Jasonmc, [*M]VonHuLK, Team Killer.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #192391

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ok Jacklpe, take care buddy :) hope everything is ok. C u soon my friend.

Looks like im taking my orders from Manny now.... Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing O.o
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasonmc

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #192402

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
  • Thank you received: 590

jacklpe wrote: I'm in ICU right now. Dr Dave can be my spokesperson. Manfred's the boss till I get back. Hopefully I won't be long. Take care everybody.

Sounds horrible man, hope you get better soon. God be with you. I have my faith manfred to keep things here in shape.

On a hopefully better note, I have my last exam tomorrow then I'm out for the summer!
"Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #192406

• Team Killer.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kill them all..
  • Thank you received: 329
I told you that was a bee.....
I COULD NOT CARE LESS

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #192412

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
We'll hold down the fort. Hope you are ok.
Manfred

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 10 months ago #192414

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
Today was a good day, I moved 17,000 tons of material to load a barge. My boss and his boss were impressed. Drinks on me tonight.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: Team Killer.

Time to create page: 0.985 seconds