Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63160

• JC 2IC
  • Thank you received: 10
I agree with you on this whole topic, I've had many occasions that you can't even take off after 3 goes cause I keep getting shot by tank or enime, dog fight maybe allowed to kill before take off but other than that it recks the players fun by kept getting shot down, it's fair to let them take off then kill them but not before. I know a new player cause tillyjs and she struggles but there's no need to shoot her down before she takes off, on many occasions I actually say not bombing carrier just teaching player and I show her a thing or 2 and others understand that but she has hard enough time shooting me from behinde when I'm flying straight to even think about shooting her before take off.
---~} CARA~A~CARA {~---
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, Sabella, ParrotHead

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63163

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 809
I understand and i enjoy playing dogfight with you. I just didnt like the angels on a pin comment and not because it was directed toward me or anyone person.. There are so many other things you could have said to get your point across of never ending debate then that or etc. I know it might not have been directed to me but I hope you appreciated my answer to it tho. Haha. :)

I still dont understand how it approves ones ability. Spawnkilling. I will say that even tho i have an "absolute view" against and enzo there are ways out of a spawnkill. I say there are ways to bomb so you don't get shot down by newly spawned planes without spawnkilling. The logic is the same.

No one has really explained a reason to spawnkill. No one has explained how it improves ones ability. I respect the protect bombing part tho.

Well bopes. I will say its fun playing at times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bopes, ¥M4rtin¥, ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63164

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I understand and i enjoy playing dogfight with you. I just didnt like the angels on a pin comment and not because it was directed toward me or anyone person.. There are so many other things you could have said to get your point across of never ending debate then that or etc. I know it might not have been directed to me but I hope you appreciated my answer to it tho. Haha. :)

I still dont understand how it approves ones ability. Spawnkilling. I will say that even tho i have an "absolute view" against and enzo there are ways out of a spawnkill. I say there are ways to bomb so you don't get shot down by newly spawned planes without spawnkilling. The logic is the same.

No one has really explained a reason to spawnkill. No one has explained how it improves ones ability. I respect the protect bombing part tho.

Well bopes. I will say its fun playing at times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabella, ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63173

• Hospitaller [V]
  • Thank you received: 11
My thoughts: I don't like breaking game ettiquette, and I was brought to task on this a few weeks ago by a a couple of fairly senior players.

I was on a side composed of mostly inexperienced players (I was probably the most experienced on the side at the time and I was only a level ten or eleven at the time) and in order to have my side have an ounce of a chance against several level 31's I shot up everyone trying to take off from the carrier we were tryin to bomb so that the bombers could make their runs.

In this instance, I wasn't doing it for points as much as it was defensive... my guys were getting monumentally shredded,without much hope of success otherwise.

In short, it was a defensive measure rather than for sport.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Edmund Burke
The following user(s) said Thank You: bopes, Paul Mantz, Jr., ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63181

• ParrotHead
  • ParrotHead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728

Hospitaller wrote: My thoughts: I don't like breaking game ettiquette, and I was brought to task on this a few weeks ago by a a couple of fairly senior players.

I was on a side composed of mostly inexperienced players (I was probably the most experienced on the side at the time and I was only a level ten or eleven at the time) and in order to have my side have an ounce of a chance against several level 31's I shot up everyone trying to take off from the carrier we were tryin to bomb so that the bombers could make their runs.

In this instance, I wasn't doing it for points as much as it was defensive... my guys were getting monumentally shredded,without much hope of success otherwise.

If they're firing you're not spawn killing... When I refer to it, the killee hasn't even had a chance to move. Once they're off the deck (gnat arse rule recognized) they are able to begin evasive/defensive/offensive moves and attacks.
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, ¥M4rtin¥

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63183

• coolhandluke
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Death Before Dishonor"
  • Thank you received: 142
Wow, very heated debate...my views are as follows; I trust each of you as a fellow dogfighter, I enjoy playing with most of you immensely. If I am spawn killed during a game, I trust you had a good reason or strategic goal as your motive. The only time I take issue with this, if someone stays in loiter over the airfield or carrier for an extended amount of time. I beleive that there are no absolutes with this topic, but I trust each of you as fellow gamers to do what Is right, teach the young, correct the wrong and exact vengeance on team killers. Play on, fellow dogfighters!

chl
coolhandluke
The following user(s) said Thank You: [BE]_____êå§_____, Paul Mantz, Jr., ¥M4rtin¥, ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63187

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736

Hospitaller wrote: My thoughts: I don't like breaking game ettiquette, and I was brought to task on this a few weeks ago by a a couple of fairly senior players.

I feel you had every right to spawnkill If you were in against several rank 31's....BUT not with a tank...only a plane...

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63188

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
Hospitaller gives a good example of how local conditions could justify it as a tactical measure.

Hell everything is a tactic, even calling out "spawnkiller" in game, especially for those accusers who are airborne when they get shot down. If enough people buy into it, the accused might hesitate long enough to give the edge back to the other side.

I was just in a BTC game with Dent where he shot me down near his carrier. Jokingly I said "No spawnkilling Dent." Then (if the joke went as planned, but Dent didn't read the script I thought I had Sput messenger over to him) Dent was supposed to say something like "what! You were nowhere near your base!" But Dent, being unaware of the script, only said, "I never do." Anyway, then I was supposed to say, " but I was thinking about respawning when you shot me down!" Ba dum bum! Heh heh ... Sound of crickets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Paul Mantz, Jr., ¥M4rtin¥

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63189

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736

bopes wrote: Hospitaller gives a good example of how local conditions could justify it as a tactical measure.

Hell everything is a tactic, even calling out "spawnkiller" in game, especially for those accusers who are airborne when they get shot down. If enough people buy into it, the accused might hesitate long enough to give the edge back to the other side.

I was just in a BTC game with Dent where he shot me down near his carrier. Jokingly I said "No spawnkilling Dent." Then (if the joke went as planned, but Dent didn't read the script I thought I had Sput messenger over to him) Dent was supposed to say something like "what! You were nowhere near your base!" But Dent, being unaware of the script, only said, "I never do." Anyway, then I was supposed to say, " but I was thinking about respawning when you shot me down!" Ba dum bum! Heh heh ... Sound of crickets.

LMAO..... those cricket's played a lovely tune in my head....was like a huge ballroom in there... ;)

had to edit.....hahaha I know you bopes and I knew you were going some where but my gears were locked up lololololol sry bud.... :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bopes

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63194

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Just because people say they were spawnkilling when they are in are and use the excuse wrongly doesn't mean if one follows logic that spawnkilling is okay. I dont see pointing our correctly a spawnkiller as a tactic. I think all should follow dont spawnkill with an attitude of doing your best when outnumbered but if anyone spawnkills i will point it out. We need to play with more respect for other pilots rather than trying to make other people mad unnecessarily. We r here to have fun for the enjoyment of all not for the enjoyment of few. That is what spawnkilling does. It takes no effort to do it and shows no ability. That's an excuse for minority views within dogfight to be selfish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Sabella, ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63196

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well you will never get people to stop complaining about when it happens. I think complaining about it is a sign of guys and standing up for oneself. If pilots are respectful they will refrain and thank God very rarely do they not refrain when i nicely say to stop.

So you spawnkillers just keep complaining about the complaining cause you will in the future loose your voice. :)

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63200

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Devine bovine! Somebody feels more strongly than I do on the subject! :blink:

I am glad this topic is getting some play. Very enlightening, but I hope I haven't gotten anybody's bloomers in a twist. Thanks again guys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ¥M4rtin¥

Last edit: by ParrotHead.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63205

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
Well I guess I wiil give my point of view on this spawnkilling matter.....I have been guilty of both spawnkilling and tank spawnkilling in the past. I guess I got used to the points but now I would have to agree with camel. I disslike spawnkilling and tank spawnkilling for my own reasons. I prefer to be a roll model to new and older players. Though I used to get upset when I was spawnkilled (in the early days when I first started)...But after awhile I learned how to take off and kill the spawnkillers. I DO NOT disslike those who choose to spawnkill, its their preference and I cannot make them stop without kicking them (which I will not do)......This brings me to the subject of chasing.....I would get name called from those who hate getting tied up in a turn fight..They would say "you have no skills or aimless etc"...Now most of the players who hate me chasing them are the ones who spawnkill.....This doesnt seem fair at all does it....Another topic is my lack of bombing.....Alot of players also complain about that and say I am not playing for the team...I always play for the team and occupy the reds at their base inorder for my team to bomb......Either way I believe most players cannot be pleased...Usually they make their own rules up as they go.....

Sorry for chasing rabbits and babeling on.....

I will not spawnkill but continue to turn fight as I have done for a long time

To my borother in Christ swopwith camel...Keep up the good work!!!

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: [BE]_____êå§_____, Dentinhead, bomer1, --J--, ¥M4rtin¥, Blackhand

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63207

• salento
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 60
I never spawn kill noobs, becase am afraid they will leave if i do so.
Best thing to do is to wait for them inn middel of the map, for so to gain lots of kills.
Inn free for all games i have spawn kill somtimes, becase i am afraid they are gonna crash, and waist they death on nothing.

I try to play clean, but chasere that dropping the bomb inn start of the game, just for get easy kills.
They i will never lett of the ground, if i got the chanse ,or i will be very dizzy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63215

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Parrot head i have never ever spawn killed u, i camped around ur base in the front and waited for u and ur team mates to lift off. Its not my fault u didnt drop ur bomb and attempt to chase me. U just kept going strait, which made u an easy target so i just killed u thats it. I didnt kill u as soon as u respawned.

Sowp, if u dont like spawn killing then complain all u want, i am not going to stop and neither is any other spawn killer. If u dont like it then leave. if u do not like spawn killing then dont do it. Its that simple.

Gen i couldn't agree with u more.

I stopped spawn killing for a little while, then picked it up because when i just camped aorund the base people just tried to waddle away which made me extremely mad, so i now just spawn kill them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [BE]_____êå§_____

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63218

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bomer1 wrote: Parrot head i have never ever spawn killed u, i camped around ur base in the front and waited for u and ur team mates to lift off. Its not my fault u didnt drop ur bomb and attempt to chase me. U just kept going strait, which made u an easy target so i just killed u thats it. I didnt kill u as soon as u respawned.

Sowp, if u dont like spawn killing then complain all u want, i am not going to stop and neither is any other spawn killer. If u dont like it then leave. if u do not like spawn killing then dont do it. Its that simple.

Gen i couldn't agree with u more.

I stopped spawn killing for a little while, then picked it up because when i just camped aorund the base people just tried to waddle away which made me extremely mad, so i now just spawn kill them.

Hamers? What say you?

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63220

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
I havnt played hamers in like 4-5months

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63226

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well truly are the exception among the spawnkillers and there truly aren't that many spawnkillers among the top 150 anyway. I only know two who will not refrain when asked to stop. You are one of those and there is another and thats it.

I just commented all along because i dont like people who complain about complaining. However bomber we ALL need to be careful not to accuse someone of spawnkilling if in fact they are not. That only makes spawnkillers want spawnkill even more

Bomber i find it interesting you agree with jack when jack agrees with me. I dont see any ability gained from spawnkilling and my rank is proof of that and my ability is too.

I had a lot of respect for you bomber when you refrained from spawnkilling. We had about 3 months there where all was cool.

I really liked jacks comment on being a help to young pilots.

BTW jack. I so appreciate seeing a fellow brother in Christ in the game. Thanks buddy. You are a good friend and will stand by you. Dont feel lonely anymore. Lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabella

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63227

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
My apologies, just checked the flight logs and you are correct Bomber, it was not hamers, but GMoney in that game.

We'll both recall it how we like and agree to disagree. The opinions here are not likely to change and the game will go on. This game and forum are sources of entertainment for me. I certainly don't need another source of non-entertainment. I'll have to borrow some of Dent's blood pressure meds if that happens. You keep playing how you like. I realize I am still pretty much a newbie, I've only been playing this game for about 3 weeks, but when you've been around long enough to see REAL injustice in the Real world around you and life's unfairness you may start to see things another way. You are one of the first on here (among countless now) that interacted with me and made me feel welcome. You are actually the one to bring me to the forum in the first place and I thank you for both. I can respect differing opinions and that's what the original post was all about. Peace!

Thanks,
PH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., ¥M4rtin¥

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63229

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
Ok sometimes I spwankill my friends from the fourm. But I always warn them don't I?? Parrot.
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63232

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That doesnt sound very nice. Spawnkilling your friends. Lol wow. :)

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63233

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey I used to spawnkill zuperman ok?

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63234

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Parrothead. You shouldn't apologize for bein young pilot. Ur a great pilot. I personally dont look up to any spawnkillers except those who stop when i ask nicely. Only 2-4 pilots in the top 150 dont refrain. I like enzo cause he never spawnkills and when he does he stops. Bomber was that for awhile but it appears hes the super extreme exception. To the only 1% in dogfight who do it or support doing it.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63235

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I used to spawnkill 420 also

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63236

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
And zuperman since has tried to put things in place to do away with spawnkilling but cant from a system standpoint. He even is quoted as saying that it was not what he intended to happen or support. So zupermans quotes dont match urs

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63238

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
GMoney doesnt spawnkill. Sorry i have played him so many times. Okay?

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63241

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

doughens wrote: GMoney doesnt spawnkill. Sorry i have played him so many times. Okay?

No swop, G was on my team and was also frustrated by the circumstances that I did. I was NOT accusing him.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63242

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Parrot you still haven't responded to my pm

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63243

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
But it seem you have chosen so don't worry

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63261

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Yea we were talking about spawn killing with men old devil, i said that i do spawn but i didnt spawn u in that particular game or any game. I have spawn killed gmoney but not in that game.

Swop- i agree with gen when he said that he doesn't care if anyone spawn kill, he doesn't want to spawn kill so he doesnt do it. And swop u need to start reading posts carefully, u misunderstood parrots post and mine. By the way swop, there are so many people in top 100 that spawn kill. And i am 100% sure that most of them won't stop
The following user(s) said Thank You: [BE]_____êå§_____

Time to create page: 0.933 seconds