Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63885

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 809
Alex. I have read from zuperman himself that he never intended for spawnkilling to be the problem that it has become. That is why he has over time inacted things to address it but it has its limitations according to him. In any game ill stick with the intent of the designers. An additional reason in addition to the many other reasons i mentioned as to why i dont.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63886

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I love the fuel idea. People say (sing songy) " in war they spawnkilled". Well in war they had fuel. (Whistles whistles)

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63887

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Dont like the scapegoat idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, Dr Dave.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63888

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ammo is fuel. Well there is a new idea to for energy costs. (Whistles)

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63890

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Saying its stupid isnt a logical reason. Its appearing parrot head is winning the debate on fuel except for general Jackson's reason not to based on taking away the chasing strategy. I still think fuel idea could work. How about a gigantic tank?

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63891

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I will later today. Pm me what you don't understand and ill in addition give my explaination and view on spawnkilling

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63892

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
I still prefer the scapegoat ideal. :) what do you think wigs?
you up for the challenge? :)
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb

Last edit: by Dr Dave..

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63893

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Why?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63894

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The only scapegoats should be the spawnkilling offenders cause we wouldn't be talking about this if there wasnt spawnkilling in the first place. It goes against the concept of scapegoat.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63895

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Dont curse and you won't be banned.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63897

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
relax I'm only picking on wigs, and trying to insert a little humor into a very hot topic
I've only been in game a few months and this has been discussed countless times
with out results... it's now more like beating a dead horse. so yes I make humor
about it. Wigs is a very good player well liked in the community he can take a joke.
that is all thank you for coming I'll be here all week..... :) :) :)
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, Wigbomb

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #63902

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Im calm. Your cool. Humor fun. Im no stuck in the mud. :) hahaha
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64058

• bellsaj
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3094
Im not a big fan of spawnkilling. I can shoot once maby twice but allmost everytime i wait for them to take of and get a chance to defend themself. Is it allright to kick someone from a game for one spawnkill? I eaven said sorry after i killed him on the ground. In my opinion its not and a fare more wrong than spawnkilling. When kicked u got no chanse what so ever to defend yourself.
Don´t live life faster then your guardian angel can fly
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoroKhan, Vampire Priest

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64109

• Kazee83
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
This thread appears about once a month, never accomplishes anything except to make people mad, and my responses to it get shorter and ruder each time. Can one of the mods please kill this thing and let it rest in peace until the next one pops up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, bomer1

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64133

• 111th MAS
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Thanks for this topic and the debate. It shows just how much we love the game. The debate was so hot :angry: things almost got physical :woohoo: I agree with bopes and mondo.

My view:

If you are making a delivery just clear the way otherwise make all deliveries in rear :) :P :)

Spawnkilling is shooting someone defenceless. Defenceless from infront (headon) is when they can not shoot back at you and Defenceless from behind (tailing) is when they cannot turn to evade and attack back.

I have been spawnkilled countless times, its only that i cant always remember who it was that did it. But certainly out of experience spawnkillers attack defenceless pilots from behind (tailing) before they are even off the ground.
After i make the delivery i do linger on to let my team bombers in or to buy time for them because for me its all about winning the mission and when i'm there i do shoot pilots from behind after they take off and are clear off the runway but not when on ground. Now the game has a thing like GPS where you can easily see the enemy as a red spot so when you are spawning check your gps and you will see where i am. I will be waiting for you to go clear-off the runway and since you know i am there it is not my fault you did not drop your bomb to gain extra speed and turn to attack and deffend yourself, i will shoot you down period.

I therefor consider myself not a spawnkiller and not that anyone has mentioned it, simply just saying.

After being spawnkilled countless times i have learnt a few things:

1. Brakes or not, the engine takes sometime before max rpm time enough for spawnkiller to go another round on the rear.
2. Surving spawnkill depends on number of spawnkillers and pilot skill, for me i survive 1 SK after three rounds of killing me, 2SKs i have little chance depending on my team size and 3SKs i depend on luck.
3. I dont spawnkill but i dont fear spawnkillers
4. It is very very annoying to get spawnkilled.

We are all humans We get ticked off This is a game designed for fun We all want to have some FUN not to be trained how to be tough guys by a bunch of cowards (excuse my language). Please dont let this get too personal It is A GAME forum Have FUN! :)

111th Mas

YOU CANT RUN FROM THE FALCON

I GOT YOU IN SIGHT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, |111th|Kevy, junkhole61, Paul Mantz, Jr., Sabella, ¥M4rtin¥, ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64141

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
U couldn't havr posted anythimg better kazee

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64447

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Im not mad. I love this post and would hate for any mod to remove it. It accomplishes the defense for what is right. We need to be reminded from time to time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64571

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Agreed spawn killing sucks !!! I myself have fallen victim to it many times. All in all has made me a better player. Learning how to deal with it is a big part of the game. The tank on the run way deal is a no go for me. Killed from the air is another thing. I expect it. If I am in a destroy the airport game I will drop bomb then attempt to suppress the red defenses for my teams next run. I try and let every one get in the air first but if there are a lot of enemy planes with me ill take my shots as they come few in the air few on the ground till I'm swept from the sky. DF games I let every on up unless you camp. Most often when I fly out for a return trip for bombs some one is on my tail shooting so I end up turning to defend any way. The funnest games I enter are the ones where I join and spawn and 3 to 5 red planes are dropping bombs and circling my air port. Throttle up and let the hands start sweating. Couple kills for red me on the ground and I'm up and it's game on. Catch me landing for repairs and ammo in DF game when you spawn and its a must kill. The only one I really hate is the tank on the run way. May as well get used to it though cuz it's not going away. At least if you must do it kill the opposing team. :) play to win and good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64573

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
Great thread PH !!! Think it helps all players to form there own rules/opinions on SK and to identify what and when. Great for new players to see and hear from older more experienced players. Do you ever sleep buddy ???? You are all over this thing :) :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64585

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Max i HAVE ability and just because it happens doesnt men its wrong to complain and teach younger pilots not to do that. I know all the tricks you described. What is great is im being an example as two ranks away from MORAF who does NOT spawnkill and who is a strong advocate to not do it. It shows no ability to do it. I will never be quite about this
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vampire Priest, --J--

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64588

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Im an older more experienced player and never spawnkill. Cant wait to be MORAF and be even MORE of an advocate.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64591

• ParrotHead
  • ParrotHead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
You got me Max. Chronic insomniac here.

Thanks to all for the replys and opinions on the thread, even if we don't agree. There has been some request to kill it, but as Swop said, I think it's good for all to see. It's obviously a topic with very strong opinions in a multitude of directions.

As I have said many times before, I am still a relative noob to the game and forum. My friend Bomber keeps saying something that I didn't understand. Use the brake! How does that help, I wondered. All it does is make you stationary for the shooters, right? Well I was wrong. I thought he just meant brake and rev the engine so you can take off quicker. Well I was wrong.

Turns out if you are on the runway or carrier and apply the brake, you are actually immune. I had no idea. I just figured this out. Bomber, great advice. This really does give you an chance to fight back. It doesn't change my opinions about SKing, but it helps. Thanks! I just wish I had understood what you meant before....
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64593

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
Yes Swop you are a very good and respectful player as are all of your squad mates that i have played with.And props on the rank. Was only putting in my 2 cents and my feelings on subject. I in no way ment to sensor or offend just offering my opinion. Being relativly new to the game and forum myself reading other players posts has helped my in game performance to. Helped me realize its more than a game and clued me in on some of the subilities of game play. More of a community/family. Which I really enjoy and look forward to every time I play. Never did I say or meen to imply that it's wrong to complain about. Simply went on a rant about my feelings on subject. Never doubted your skill, ability, or honor.

Respectfully,

Max

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64599

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Sry if i wasn't clear about that parrothead. And if u put the brake on and pull the trottle up and released the brake under like 3-5 sec then u will havr a faster take off and u won't crash
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender, BlüEMäX

Last edit: by bomer1.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64602

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
You can also throttle up a little less than half with brake on. This way when you see your chance to take off it is already revving up and you can take off even faster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64621

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
What I'm tryin to say is just don't sit there with brake on idling. Get your rpms up so when you take off you can do it faster!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender, bomer1

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64639

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I never thought you were trying to censor. I dont expect SK as part of the game. I only pointed out my rank not to be haughty but to point out the illogical nature of those who SK
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64827

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top dolllar paid for ur rusty wings
  • Thank you received: 705
I dont see the difference between tank spawn killing and plane spawnkilling

im sorry, I dont

this is how i fly !!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simmo, ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64841

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

Kptn Singh wrote: I dont see the difference between tank spawn killing and plane spawnkilling

im sorry, I dont

In my mind, it takes more skill to spawn kill from a plane. I don't like either way, but will not tolerate it in tanks!!

If you build it, I will come.......and bomb it !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64844

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866

--J-- wrote:

Kptn Singh wrote: I dont see the difference between tank spawn killing and plane spawnkilling

im sorry, I dont

In my mind, it takes more skill to spawn kill from a plane. I don't like either way, but will not tolerate it in tanks!!

I see both your points, KptnS and --J--. For me, it's a question of "am I helping just myself or truly helping the team mission?" Or rather, "Am I helping the team MORE than I'm helping myself?"

- Spawnkilling from plane in Bomb Carrier with teammates following behind me: Helps team more than myself.
- Spawnkilling from plane in Bomb Carrier by circling over carrier without team behind me: Helps me more than team. Don't do it.

- Spawnkilling while in tank in Bomb Airport when crossing over from the first destroyed row to the other row of hangars: Recently in this scenario, I have gone around spawning planes so I wouldn't hit them. This is actually a good tactical idea, because hitting a plane takes time that you don't have when the whole red team is gunning for your tank!. So IMO, tank-spawnkilling even in this scenario is poor strategy and therefore is only a points/power play. Don't do it (often).
- Spawnkilling while in tank in Dogfight: NO ONE SHOULD EVER DO THIS, no matter where you fall in the spawnkilling argument. I will Kick people from the game if they are racking up kills doing this.

- Spawnkilling the shooting team's airport in Shoot Zepp when the zeppelin is approaching their airport: Helps team more than oneself. Can be frustrating for the shooting team (I've been there), but since the zepp is lined up with the runway in the final minutes, planes are an immediate threat at the instant of wheels-off-runway. I don't complain when people spawnkill me in this scenario. It's a personal challenge to get off the ground and stick it to the zeppelin.
- Spawnkilling the defending team's airport in Shoot Zepp: firing onto the runway can be strategic, but if you are killing plane after plane and circling around, you are being extremely annoying by not letting people get up in the air. Personally, I can always get up in the air (combo of timing respawn, brakes, and turning)**. But not everyone can. This applies to Bomb Airport game as well. Circling and killing noobs repeatedly is helping oneself more than the team. Circling and essentially holding down the fire of a highly experienced and threatening Ace is helping the team more than oneself... but you may have a bullseye painted on you for the rest of that game if you are obnoxious about it!

All one man's opinion.

Manfred

**EDIT: That last part sounded a little conceited. I don't ALWAYS get in the air on each try; but in the aforementioned scenario, it's not hopeless, and I ALWAYS find a way to get in the air EVENTUALLY. The number of times I get killed is a function of the skill and number of enemies circling and spawnkilling. It's very hard to get up in the air with 3 killers up there, and fairly easy to break free after 1 or 2 tries when battling just one spawnkiller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, |111th|Kevy, Ender, [NLR]Jacob10000, Paul Mantz, Jr., Gary-the-pink, ¥M4rtin¥, ParrotHead, BlüEMäX

Last edit: by Manfred.
Time to create page: 1.651 seconds