Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #64864

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Come on people plz plz let this post die. I keep mysepf from posting here because i get angry easily and don't want to flip out on anyone. In the end, tank spawn killers suck, spawn killers will spawn kill and non-spawn killers won't spawn kill.

THE END
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--, ParrotHead

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #65008

• 111th MAS
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
I dont think this topic should be let to die. This game has a dozen thousand players all of who are affected in one way or the other by spawnkilling. Let the topic stay on so that atleast most forum members can express their feelings and views on SK.

So far I standby my definition of SK as killing some one defenceless. Defenceless as in unable to fire back or avoid my fire. Like the Falcon Squad motto says "With Honour and Dignity (CHeD)" it is a question of honor, if you are killing me atleast have the decency of killing me honourably every soldier would gladly die SWORD IN HAND.

111th Mas

YOU CANT RUN FROM THE FALCON

I GOT YOU IN SIGHT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabella, --J--, ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #65012

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
Hey bomer I think the reason they keep this post alive is so people can vent
when they have been spawnkilled that's why I think we should keep this post alive
it will help cut down om spawnkilling postings later.
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Sabella, ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #65045

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Thanks for the brake info guys !!!! Didn't know it worked like that. used it a couple of times to great effect. Much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, Dr Dave., ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #65287

• Gary-the-pink
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 111

ParrotHead wrote: You got me Max. Chronic insomniac here.

Thanks to all for the replys and opinions on the thread, even if we don't agree. There has been some request to kill it, but as Swop said, I think it's good for all to see. It's obviously a topic with very strong opinions in a multitude of directions.

As I have said many times before, I am still a relative noob to the game and forum. My friend Bomber keeps saying something that I didn't understand. Use the brake! How does that help, I wondered. All it does is make you stationary for the shooters, right? Well I was wrong. I thought he just meant brake and rev the engine so you can take off quicker. Well I was wrong.

Turns out if you are on the runway or carrier and apply the brake, you are actually immune. I had no idea. I just figured this out. Bomber, great advice. This really does give you an chance to fight back. It doesn't change my opinions about SKing, but it helps. Thanks! I just wish I had understood what you meant before....

Learn something new every day thanks...

GTP
The best pilots aim to please ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 2 months ago #65307

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 109
as much as i dont want to perpetuate this thread i do want to thank you for that "brake" tip....its the little things like that in the game that help out a lot.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #66599

• GoroKhan
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Man I got rolled in the tumbler on a mission today had 3 vice air marshalls spawning me bad probably got spawned 15 times at least not to say any names but bunnybunny was one of them....Maybee there should be a limit on highranking players on one team. I had 2 aspirants on my side no help at all I seemed to be the one to kill.oh well guess it was my turn....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #66619

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
:( Is it still spawn killing if your getting killed ALOT!!!??? If so I'm sorry I spawn killed so many of you today.... :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #66646

• GrtWitHntr1
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm pretty much a newbie and I don't personally see anything wrong with Spawn Killing from an airplane. I've done it and had it done to me. (More had it done to me due to my lack of skill). The tanks and hidden soldiers picking off planes the moment they appear is pretty frustrating though.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #66648

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

GoroKhan wrote: Man I got rolled in the tumbler on a mission today had 3 vice air marshalls spawning me bad probably got spawned 15 times at least not to say any names but bunnybunny was one of them....Maybee there should be a limit on highranking players on one team. I had 2 aspirants on my side no help at all I seemed to be the one to kill.oh well guess it was my turn....

There is a limit, never more than 12 on one side !!

:) :) :)

If you build it, I will come.......and bomb it !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoroKhan

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #66706

• Black Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 453

Dr Dave wrote: :( Is it still spawn killing if your getting killed ALOT!!!??? If so I'm sorry I spawn killed so many of you today.... :whistle:

I know you meant this only tongue and cheek because I know you don't spawnkill in the sense where it's the hated form of spawnkilling. At least I have not seen you do it...I tend to be honed in on those events...for some reason or other.

Last edit: by Black Flag.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #66875

• GoroKhan
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Well put parrothead there's a karma pt. for you bud....

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #66919

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top dolllar paid for ur rusty wings
  • Thank you received: 705
spawn killing noobs is like shooting urself in the foot. First thing they are gonna do when they become major generals or soomething is go looking for your marshmallow butt :evil:

I have seen vengefull noobs, aspirant rage doesnt dissapear with high rank :whistle:

this is how i fly !!! :)

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #66929

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--, Dr Dave.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #66931

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
That's is correct Black Flag I won't spawn kill intentionally and never more than once ( only one kill) and that's usually by mistake :( I'll always let you up even when you've been spawn killing me or mine. But rest assured you won't get far but you will get a chance....one chance... :angry: .... If you've been spawn killing me you best say your sorry or leave because your my next new project :angry: :angry: :angry: and your not gonna like it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Flag

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #67633

• [*M]coop
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Sua Sponte"
  • Thank you received: 2949
Okay not that I really care but where in the rules of dogfight does it say you cant spawnkill I personally dont do it probably because i usually get killed before i get there.Anyways thats besides the point I can see if the player is in a squad that has a rule in place for its members NO SPAWNKILLING but the averge joe who is playing the game getts banned for a rule that is well how should i put it ...MADE UP.I hear everyone crying to the mods he spawn killed me like 30 times whaaaaa he should be banned..Bull S#%* YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LETTING THE LITTLE S#@$ GET THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.Sorry just getting tired of hearing guys piss and moan about this topic.tell Z to put it in the game rules when they join and pay if you spawn kill you will be tossed for good no refunds then it will end but as long as its part of the game I say bring it.

Lets be careful out there,
Lt.coop
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quit Bug J4ff, Dentinhead, Ender, bopes, Wigbomb, ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #67636

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
  • Thank you received: 543
I have two cents to add to this. If you take off and don't maneuver, ur dead. I will do the typical circle around. If you seem competent I will let u fly. Either way I'm gunning for u. Make your move, I dare u. Oh ya, and if you're low enough to be immune, you're dead about 8 seconds later. Byeee :evil:

If thats the way to exterminate, it'll take too freaken looonng
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Ender, Vampire Priest, 111th MAS

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #69244

• Ak_Baron
  • Thank you received: 28
Psychological studies have been done on this topic. Player killing or for this game "spawn killing". Pretty much all the studies I have read indicate that those who spawn kill are narcissists. They are more likely to lie, steal and participate in other anti social activities in the real world. The person who spawn kills enjoys denying others the oppertunity to play the game. The act of killing weaker or defencless players gives them a sence of power and control.

After reading these these studies, it is interesting to me to know what kind of person you are if you spawn kill.

The Psychology of Massively Multi-User Online Role-Playing Games:
Motivations, Emotional Investment, Relationships and Problematic Usage
by Nicholas Yee

Bartle Test

THE PSYCHOLOGY OF VIDEO GAMES
EXAMINING THE INTERSECTION OF PSYCHOLOGY AND VIDEO GAMES

Psychology of the Internet & Online Gaming:
Parent-Child Digital Divide and
Internet and Online Gaming Use, Abuse and Addiction
Co-developed by Ofer Zur, Ph.D. & Azzia Zur, B.A.
CE Credits for Psychologists, LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs & LCSWs (BBS) Social Workers (ASWB),
Counselors (NBCC, NAADAC, CALPCC), Nurses (BRN)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, Sabella

Last edit: by Ak_Baron.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70364

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Hi guys, I'm pretty new but I love this game. I been the victim of spawn killing many time and it does frustrate me but I won't quit, I keep on trying till I take off. I personally will not sit there to kill people but if I'm flying near the airport and see someone pops up then I will get him. I don't like tanks doing it though. At least in a plane you have to have some flying skills to turn around quickly and aim. Also if I start a game and if I recognize the really good players who do that then I will go to another game.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70375

• GoroKhan
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Davy don't be a wimp and quit games. It is really irritating when people join then leave ussualy leaving me outnumbered. Take the game your givin and play it to the end. The only time I ever leave a game is when I have to get back to work.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70389

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Don't worry I won't quit, lol. What I meant to say is when I go unto a game where the people are really good and if I have lag then I will go to another game and hopefully get rid of the lag because without he lag I am getting good enough to take on the good guys. But when I do have lag then I'm wasting my effort. I hope to make level 11 today so I can get better airplane. Watch out I'm gunning for you lol take care.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70394

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Davy, it's never wasted effort, When I started this I targeted the high tankers 1st at the start of EVERY game. That's where you learn the fastest you see their tricks and YES you die ALOT! But it's worth it, one trick is if your getting spawn killed at take off set your brakes and they can only kill you with a bomb(which most spawn killers are afraid to carry) until they get tired or run outta ammo. Ether way you get off the ground.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70397

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey guys, thank you for the info, it's highly appreciated. I'm curious to know why they can't shoot you when you set the brakes. I will try that, I'm having trouble logging on today. I had my internet upgraded last week and that helped my lagging problem. As an ex comm pilot I absolutely love this game, it's the best on the Internet. I will be seeing you. Take care

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70493

• Ender
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Don't hate Ender Hate the Game
  • Thank you received: 123
Last time I posted something about this topic it irked a lot of people. I don't want to think that it is a natural talent.

So there you go, all the tips and tricks to avoid the spawn kill are already mentioned here.

Thanks for putting this topic up Mr. Parrotdude! ;) The comments here will lead a lot of new players to the path of becoming awesome/great DF players.

The reason why I became a better player today is because I studied the game instead of spending time complaining. (No disrespect intended.)

Also, In a protect the zep game, one way to win is to get to the enemy base as early as possible and don't let any of them take off. Not letting folks take off takes skills ;) Once they are in the sky and the zep is near their base - you will have a difficult time to save/catch the zep in time. If you have a problem with this suggestion, PM me. ;) But before you PM me, look up the word "PROTECT" in the dictionary first - its just basic English actually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70502

• Ak_Baron
  • Thank you received: 28
No disrespect intened, but what skill does it take to shoot a plane on the ground? Isn't it the same skill as shooting a stationary tank on the ground? or a hanger? I submitt that a stationary target on the ground is much easier to hit than a target moving in 3 dimensions and various speeds. To say it takes skills to shoot a grounded stationary plane seems to be a feeble attempt to justify a dishonorable and easy act. No disrespect .

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70513

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
How about you answer that question, u should try spawn killing someone, just once and see if you can do it. It doesn't require much skill as long as you can turn fast, but if you want to keep the enemy on the ground then it requires skill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender, GoroKhan

Last edit: by bomer1.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70517

• Claygod
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • discipline before emotion,
  • Thank you received: 436
It is what I do too ender. If you want to win protect the zep. It must be done. Ender is a class act. Plays with honor. Not a spawner or team killer. And it does require skill to ground a team. Keep it up ender buddy. I have got your back brother.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70572

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Yes sir ender is a BEAST in this game. What he was trying to say Baron is the object of a PROTECT the zep game is just that. Protect. So to win the game it means you have to suppress the enemy planes. Keep them on the ground IF YOU CAN. It is not easy to do more than a couple of times in a row. If the zep is more than 3/4 of the way across the map and the defenders are shot down you may not get back in the game. Plus if its close to the enemy base every one is taking off shooting and crashing over and over. No time to shoot them before they die and respawn. So to counter you have to line up and get them at take off on the runway. If every one wants to stop the instant crashing I would be all in. Every one has there views on the subject. If I could keep ender on the mat in a zep game i would most certainly do it and would expect him to do it to me. This is very hard to do and would take a lot of skill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender, GoroKhan

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70574

• ParrotHead
  • ParrotHead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
In my very first post on this thread, I stated that SKing in a zep game is pretty much acceptable and expected, especially when the zep is near the target base. I think my views and opinions of SKing are well documented here. I oppose it and do not participate in it, with a couple exceptions. Protect the zep being one of them. If I can keep the reds grounded, I will. I support Ender's tactic on this and have fallen victim to it. If I'm approaching for a bomb run, I will also shoot anything red, moving or not. When providing cover for teammates, I allow the defenders time to get off the ground, but the first shot I see them fire will also start my shooting.

I'll offer another observation regarding Zep games. Attacking the zep is by far the easiest way to gain points. An attacking team with any skill at all or one very skilled pilot has the advantage. Engines can be taken out very quickly and from there it's 3-4 points a pop on the biggest target in the game. Protecting the zep also allows for nice point gains as the attackers are often so focused on the zep that they fly slow and straight. I myself, used to, leave the game and re-enter if I found myself on the protect side. I have since stopped this because I realized I could get 50ish points for every red I took out, compared to constant deaths, spawn kills and frustration as an attacker. Many pilots do switch... I let em and don't complain. I'll get points either way and if that means pounding you on the ground, I will.

All of that to say again. If you CHOOSE to play the zep game as an attacker, you MUST expect and accept the possibility of being spawn killed. It is the nature of that game format. If you WISH to avoid being spawn killed, don't play on the attacking side. I will also say again, that relentless SKing in any other format, I find unacceptable, but deal with it. Remember brakes give you a break and a chance, even from Ender! Hold the brake, wait for him to pass, take off behind him and send him packing back to the base. By the time he gets back, the game will be over or you will be blasting that big grey beast.

Thanks,
PH
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ender, GoroKhan, BlüEMäX

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 11 years 1 month ago #70607

• GoroKhan
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
The Great parrot is wise...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParrotHead

Time to create page: 1.198 seconds