Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 6 months ago #345315

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Hi

The next update I'm going to focus on polishing what's failing in the game. That means that I need you to please tell me what's making it crash, or odd things happening or whatever so I can get a list of things to fix.

Please, this should be things that are working not as expected, not a list of new things to add. I'm trying to fix all I can for the next update so I can move on with the new stuff (more airplanes, missions and such).
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, Sir Wumper, [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, SCAMPERS REVENGE, #1 GHOST, Baron64 {WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 5 months ago #346533

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thanks to everyone, check the announcements for the fixes on 1.0.33 just released. I wanted to fix more stuff but I had to send this out as an urgent release since many people is not able to play with the current version on iOS.

Now, this is pending to be fixed but I wrote it down and added some comments between parenthesis.

- Pagan: Fix airplane not reloading. (Unable to reproduce so far, does it happen under special mission or side?)
- Fix that you can't continue after win/lost and crash (can't remember who reported it)
- Fix smoke stopping when in and out camera
- Shots should come out of guns, not middle of screen
- The Blue Fighter: When we hit german carrier with tank shell, it showing other of my team members name also i.e., if there are 3 members , all of getting credit. (Unable to reproduce so far, any ideas?)
- McFate: If you hit "auto-destruct" while in the chute and make it to the ground and respawn (zep games or "enemy territory") before the timer finishes, you should not auto-destroy after you respawn.
- Check if when squad is full they get notification saying it failed to sent request. check why =fallen= for instance is not able to join.
- Viper10: My keyboard doesn't function for brakes, and only brakes. Everything else seems to be working okay. (unable to reproduce but maybe I fixed it on 1.0.33 because I rewrote lot of stuff).
- Gannet: The messages in "Capture the flag" are wrong.
Both when you pickup the flag, and when you win the game by taking the enemy flag to yours at your base,
the message says "Go get the enemy flag"
- Comet: I was in a btc mission and was shot down over the opposing carrier. I parachuted and landed on the opposing carrier. I then spawned and kept sliding off my carrier into the water. This happened about 5 or 6 times before I left the game. Pc player Win 10
- Agent003: Capture the Flag is all messed up. The flags glitch out and start teleporting around, and they are almost always in a different place for each user. I played a game where I had the flag, but to everyone else it was still at its home base. When I captured it, the flag dissappeared and I couldn't see anyone (another bug), although the flag drop symbol was still present above the terrain. The flag didn't capture. I was in a tank when that happened, and tanks have been having issues with CTF lately. I know planes do too.
- Agent003: As mentioned in other posts, the hitboxes are way out of whack for tanks. When you shoot a plane with a plane it's fine. But shoot a plane from a tank and you have a 50% chance of hitting it wherever you aim. Sometimes hits register on the plane, above, or below, and sometimes they miss. Half of all actual hits just explode and don't effect the plane. So Zup, you may want to take a look at the areas defined as a hit, as they are probably overlapping and work inconsistently. This has been an issue since df1.
- Agent003: World chat and squadron chat are spotty. WC usually loads alright but sometimes has a delay or cutoff when displaying messages as they are posted. Squadron chat on the other hand, often takes 30-40 seconds to load, as it starts by displaying very old messages most of the time. Also when you report a message, after the reason screen, when you hit send, the app often crashes. I know this from reporting things 3-4 times in the past month, and it only went through once or twice.
- Onekill2: Nokia Lumia 630 crashes (When I release for Windows this update I'll see if I can fix it).
- Raz: Android over sensitive on side to side. Wobble when I try to aim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, dognamitt, Raz, Agent003{WP*}

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 5 months ago #346843

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I've just released 1.0.34, here is the list of things I have so far.

Fixed on 1.0.34:
- Added sensitivy bar settings into controls and also on PC/Mac.
- Improved Airco DH2 graphics.
- Fixed menu key on stats should also go back
- Fixed that you can't continue after win/lost and crash (can't remember who reported it)
- Fixed Joystick settings screen doesn't accept Enter to save
- Fixed achievements keep repeating themselves on google play
- Nokia Lumia 630 crashes (Thanks Onekill2)
- Fixed Android over sensitive on side to side. Wobble when I try to aim (Thanks Raz, now you can use sensitivity settings).
- Fixed: Viper10: My keyboard doesn't function for brakes, and only brakes. Everything else seems to be working okay.
- Fixed: McFate: If you hit "auto-destruct" while in the chute and make it to the ground and respawn (zep games or "enemy territory") before the timer finishes, you should not auto-destroy after you respawn.

Pending to fix:
- (Unable to reproduce) Pagan: Fix airplane not reloading (check allied and german side)
- Fix smoke stopping when in and out camera
- Fix smoke not showing up on multiplayer always
- Shots should come out of guns, not middle of screen
- Monster Cannon: The tracer direction from the parachute man looks off.
They are going a totally different direction but still hits the plane.
- The Blue Fighter: When we hit german carrier with tank shell, it showing other of my team members name also i.e.,
if there are 3 members , all of getting credit. Is that the new change or bug?
- check if when squad is full they get notification saying it failed to sent request. check why =fallen= for instance
- Gannet: The messages in "Capture the flag" are wrong.
Both when you pickup the flag, and when you win the game by taking the enemy flag to yours at your base,
the message says "Go get the enemy flag"
- Comet: I was in a btc mission and was shot down over the opposing carrier.
I parachuted and landed on the opposing carrier. I then spawned and kept sliding off my carrier
into the water. This happened about 5 or 6 times before I left the game. Pc player Win 10
- Agent003: Capture the Flag is all messed up. The flags glitch out and start teleporting around,
and they are almost always in a different place for each user. I played a game where I had the flag,
but to everyone else it was still at its home base. When I captured it,
the flag dissappeared and I couldn't see anyone (another bug), although the flag drop symbol was
still present above the terrain. The flag didn't capture. I was in a tank when that happened,
and tanks have been having issues with CTF lately. I know planes do too.
- Agent003: As mentioned in other posts, the hitboxes are way out of whack for tanks. When you shoot a plane
with a plane it's fine. But shoot a plane from a tank and you have a 50% chance of hitting it wherever you aim.
Sometimes hits register on the plane, above, or below, and sometimes they miss.
Half of all actual hits just explode and don't effect the plane. So Zup, you may want to take a look at
the areas defined as a hit, as they are probably overlapping and work inconsistently. This has been an issue since df1.
- Agent003: World chat and squadron chat are spotty. WC usually loads alright but sometimes has a delay
or cutoff when displaying messages as they are posted. Squadron chat on the other hand, often takes 30-40
seconds to load, as it starts by displaying very old messages most of the time. Also when you report a message,
after the reason screen, when you hit send, the app often crashes. I know this from reporting things 3-4 times
in the past month, and it only went through once or twice.
- Fix on PC enter key on chat moves to next instead of pushing text
- Fix that settings do not show up the first time for joysticks
- The Sarge: I recently purchased a new plane, and for the first match I used it in it was fully upgraded! I had 2 bombs, 450 rounds of ammo and I was able to turn like a beast!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, [*M] Pagan, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, dognamitt, Raz

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350223

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Ok, here it's what I have for next update. Anything important that I'm forgetting and should be ready before I release this?

- Raised the number of required hangars to bomb from 4 to 8
- "Push to chat" message on windows should be fixed.
- Zep mission now is reversed. The zep is german and therefore comes from that side.
- Fixed the walking soldier and tanks going invisible when on the carriers.
- Changed points system so that you'll get less points when you have no enemies and more when it's even.
- Added 3 new planes: German Fw-190, American P-38J Lightning and American P-51D Mustang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR]Mysterio, dognamitt, Yonder Tiger

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350297

• Dutch Joke
  • Thank you received: 4
I am on ipad air, about three years old. Since on elite i have sound from other planes and their guns, as well as my own guns. However, i have no sound on my plane and neither on my or any other bombs. Checked my settings but nothing helps.

Also, i checked manouvrebility with pc player. Pc can outmanouver me any time. Speed seems the same.

Hope this helps

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350301

• GoldenEagle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • war is another problem
  • Thank you received: 440
I haven't changed my name in a week or two and it won't let me change it again
SOTFL

The GOLDENEAGLE still remains

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350303

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
well you are limited to 17 characters including spaces also remember if the name is already in use it will not let you have it it

TFL| ACE OF ACES wrote: I haven't changed my name in a week or two and it won't let me change it again

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350304

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
Tracer bullets from other planes and soldiers seem way off.
iPad2 running iOS 9.3.something

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350305

• GoldenEagle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • war is another problem

Dognamitt wrote: well you are limited to 17 characters including spaces also remember if the name is already in use it will not let you have it it

TFL| ACE OF ACES wrote: I haven't changed my name in a week or two and it won't let me change it again

Thanks it worked
SOTFL

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350391

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
The Sherman M4A3 tips way too easy. Every time I get in it and start turning around it flips.

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350392

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
Landed on the Zeppelin, jumped out, but then my plane slipped off. I tried to see if I could walk on the back ailerons but fell through to my death? Nope, landed without a broken leg even. Went to walk back where my plane might be, but there it was stuck up in mid-air.

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350394

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857
Pretty sure there was a glitch in that CTF game today Zup , after I shot you down when you had the flag I circled back over my base and the flag was there , I completed the turn and saw that you had "tanked" as I came in for the attack , with no sign of the flag near you, it said you had picked it up again . I could not see the flag before you picked it up but the ribbon appeared after you picked up just before I killed you again. Very strange.
May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350396

• GoldenEagle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • war is another problem

{GI} E*A*G*L*E wrote: Landed on the Zeppelin, jumped out, but then my plane slipped off. I tried to see if I could walk on the back ailerons but fell through to my death? Nope, landed without a broken leg even. Went to walk back where my plane might be, but there it was stuck up in mid-air.

Looks like you invented vtol then first hovering plane
SOTFL

Last edit: by GoldenEagle.

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350397

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the less you reveal, the more people can wonder
  • Thank you received: 1003

TFL| ACE OF ACES wrote:

{GI} E*A*G*L*E wrote: Landed on the Zeppelin, jumped out, but then my plane slipped off. I tried to see if I could walk on the back ailerons but fell through to my death? Nope, landed without a broken leg even. Went to walk back where my plane might be, but there it was stuck up in mid-air.

Looks like you invented vtol then first hovering plane

When you get out plane your plane stays at the place you leave it so because your plane can't Break on zeppelin it will stay in Air at the place you leave, its like when you get out of plane at taking off your plane will be stuck at 4m of the ground

See you in the air
The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Last edit: by [NLR]Mysterio.

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350429

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843
Shooting planes down with tank , no kill recorded , says plane crashed on my chat screen but pilot congrating me for good shot . Check Kill tally and no kill recorded . Been like this for over a week .
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, [*M]Comet, Husky Dog

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350430

• Airborne Kiwi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who said Kiwi's couldn't fly?
  • Thank you received: 518
Heres an interesting one It says I have no bomb but the bomb is clearly on the plane. This haopened after I recreated the carrier glitch. Strange to say the least

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350453

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the less you reveal, the more people can wonder
  • Thank you received: 1003
I'm on windows 10 laptop and the control is lagging, sometimes when i press up it keeps going up (same with other directions) this is really enjoying when you'r flying close to ground or close to trees. Same in combat whit other plane, makes shooting difficult because you shoot at plane and when you turn it keeps turning.
Hope you can fix this zup (many people says the same thing in games)

see you in the air

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350770

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
When hitting a plane with a tank shell, it only says so and so crashed. Not sure I'm getting credit for the kill.

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350851

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Kindle Fire HDX here and I only get 3 bullets firing with every ONE in FIVE presses of the firing button.. often times far less often!! Acts like a machine gun every once in a BLUE moon.. for about twenty seconds or so.. been holding my tongue about this for awhile figuring it would get fixed eventually but c'mon zuperman...

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350852

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Joaquín en algunos juegos cuando estoy en la cubierta del barco,se cae al agua el avión y no me deja despegar,reintento otra vez y pasa lo mismo,también con el soldado a veces cuando me bajo del avión,no me deja volver a subir el soldado sin control se arrastra por la cubierta hasta caer al agua.espero que se solucione.gracias!!

Last edit: by baron rojo.

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350873

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

ZebraUp wrote: Kindle Fire HDX here and I only get 3 bullets firing with every ONE in FIVE presses of the firing button.. often times far less often!! Acts like a machine gun every once in a BLUE moon.. for about twenty seconds or so.. been holding my tongue about this for awhile figuring it would get fixed eventually but c'mon zuperman...

Can you post a screenshot or a picture of your cockpit? I'm trying to figure out the size of that button on your screen

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350875

• SCAMPERS REVENGE
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 106
hi game still freezes a few mins in, is it happening to anyone else or just me?

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350936

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

zuperman wrote:

ZebraUp wrote: Kindle Fire HDX here and I only get 3 bullets firing with every ONE in FIVE presses of the firing button.. often times far less often!! Acts like a machine gun every once in a BLUE moon.. for about twenty seconds or so.. been holding my tongue about this for awhile figuring it would get fixed eventually but c'mon zuperman...

Can you post a screenshot or a picture of your cockpit? I'm trying to figure out the size of that button on your screen

The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} LoopHole

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350937

• {GI} LoopHole
  • SYOTOS!!!!!
  • Thank you received: 46

Hey Zuperman again she smoothed out pretty good. Making for some sweet dogs. Only thing that really gets me and come to mind is accelor. Stalls when doing evasive meunuvers and have to bring to 0 then back to steer. Im on a Samsung galaxy tab S2. Keep up the great work and dont worry "We'll put your baby to the test!"

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350961

• Louisville
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
..every time i get in a tank on enemy turf..there are plenty of trees and cover from enemy planes..then all of the sudden the trees disappear right when i get warmed up..lol..please try to keep the trees from disappearing..thanks Zup!

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350968

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI

Louisville wrote: ..every time i get in a tank on enemy turf..there are plenty of trees and cover from enemy planes..then all of the sudden the trees disappear right when i get warmed up..lol..please try to keep the trees from disappearing..thanks Zup!

Zup has addressed this many times, it's your device. Basically you're device is getting overloaded, so it shuts off the trees. Happens to my iPad3 all the time eventually.

You'll notice, if you're flying alone or only a couple of players the trees usually won't go away, it's when too much is going on and too many people that it'll happen.

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350969

• Louisville
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
..oh..ok..thanks EAGLE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350984

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
my plane was just sliding sideways off runway then the lag kicked in trees disappeared

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #350997

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
The lag in WW2 is horrible. Been this way for weeks. Affects all devices. Seems worse as game gets to 8 players. Screen gets very jumpy and skipping. Completely unplayable and very frustrating.
Also, tracer bullets from enemy still off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP}

Throw me all those bugs 7 years 4 months ago #351151

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Joaquín gracias!! Por solucionar nuestro escuadron ala-21.y por favor quita el reloj de destruirse creí que 14 segundos.no da tiempo a defender tu base ni ayudar a tu equipo en muchos casos cuando estalla tu tanque ya han destruido o se han colado a tu base.Me parece que ese retraso ni ayuda nada gracias!!no se para el motivo por el cual lo pusiste.No digo que en su día estuvo bien,pero ahora en el élite me parece que no debería estar.

Last edit: by baron rojo.
Time to create page: 1.276 seconds