Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33210

• getatthisdude89
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
My buddy bought a russian mosin nagant for 150 bucks at a pawn shop in alabama complete with the bayonette. I'm looking at a Lar .458 socom. Can shoot through quarter inch steel plates at 100 yards. why i need it? I dunno...lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33212

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849

Skydavis1 wrote: The gun i was talking about is in ww1 era not veitnam.

But you clearly stated:

Skydavis1 wrote: Ya that cosmoline stuff is difficult to get rid of. We haven't gone and got it off of the M16s yet because we are stilling looking for ammo lol. My aunts took the one we did get the cosmoline off of it and lost 500 rounds of ammo in her house some were lol. Once you get around 80 you forget were you put stuff 10 years ago.

I think you have your guns mixed up mate. These are M16's:

They were first manufactured in 1963. And I'm pretty sure they're still being produced.

And if you recall, 1963 happens to coincide with "peace keeping" Operations with the United States in the Viet Nam war (as America began really sending in boots on the ground during the 60's).

So yeah. M-16. Viet Nam. ;)

getatthisdude89 wrote: My buddy bought a russian mosin nagant for 150 bucks at a pawn shop in alabama complete with the bayonette. I'm looking at a Lar .458 socom. Can shoot through quarter inch steel plates at 100 yards. why i need it? I dunno...lol

Whoa, $150 USD?! It had to of been in REALLY good condition for that price, yeah?

And yeah, I had mine with a bayonet, ammo pouch, cleaning kit, etc. I'm pretty sure it's standard with most Nagant's. I (thankfully) REALLY researched before I purchased mine. To the point where I learned what the various stamps mean on the rifle (if it was created in Russia, Ukraine, etc).

Protips for people who buy/consider buying one:

-Bring a barrel snake/light and check it carefully. Some of these saw combat and weren't cleaned (resulting in awful corrosion).

-The bayonets they provide weren't the ones that the rifle was originally assembled with. When the Mosinka's were manufactured, they were zero'd in with the bayonet it came with. The box they provide of bayonets are a bunch of mixed and matched ones. Go through and pick one that actually fits and removed pretty easily.

-Study the receiver stamps to make sure you're getting a quality product.

-Buy your 7.62x54r rounds in bulk online. Buying them from most stores runs about .50 cents a round. Buying in bulk -- you can get each round for about 10 cents each! What a steal!

Last edit: by Slenderman.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33222

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
LOL

1860 Army Replica Cap&Ball.

I'm getting something to carry soon, but not sure what yet. Probably a 357 mag either Taurus or Rossi. I really want a FN 5.7x28 pistol but can't afford it, just like the idea of 20 mean rounds in a handgun.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33223

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
Oh, you boys and your guns. :P

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33224

• AlexRedneck34
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 65

Slenderman wrote:

Skydavis1 wrote: Ya that cosmoline stuff is difficult to get rid of. We haven't gone and got it off of the M16s yet because we are stilling looking for ammo lol. My aunts took the one we did get the cosmoline off of it and lost 500 rounds of ammo in her house some were lol. Once you get around 80 you forget were you put stuff 10 years ago.

Oh? I never knew they applied cosmoline to synthetic stocks -- or Viet Nam era weapons. :P

AlexRedneck34 wrote: Gen I have Taurus .45 and a Springfield xd .40 cal I love both of em

Ah, I love shooting XD's. But ugh -- I cannot stand Taurus' handgun line. The bloody things aren't manufactured with precision resulting in jams and major malfunctions. I've met two separate people on opposite sides of the globe whom had their Taurus blow up in their hand (one of which lost a finger). Same thing goes for Glocks in my opinion. Yeah, they look cool and are hold up incredibly well in rough conditions (I once heard you could submerge a Glock underwater and still fire it. The same day I went and tested it and confirmed -- you can fire them underwater!). But gosh, when they malfunction -- IT IS BAD. One shooting range I went to showed me 4 of their Glocks that had such a malfunction. The barrel literally split and the slide shot off backward -- nearly missing the four separate people shooting it. They said that if it would have hit -- it would have easily gone into their heads.

So yeah. I don't buy Taurus (from personal experience) or Glocks (for what I've seen). :P

no way slender I have never had that issue with my Taurus but I only shoot high grade ammo out of it to and I hate a glock I don't like anything about em they don't have a smooth action they jamm constently I just don't favor a glock AT ALL

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33232

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
I prefer revolvers over auto, don't have to worry about safe/fire switches or accidental firing as mauch. Just point and shoot. The trigger pull is harder but if you are in fear for your life you can pull it no problem.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33235

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

Jacob10000 wrote: LOL

1860 Army Replica Cap&Ball.

I'm getting something to carry soon, but not sure what yet. Probably a 357 mag either Taurus or Rossi. I really want a FN 5.7x28 pistol but can't afford it, just like the idea of 20 mean rounds in a handgun.

Ah, that's my dream gun as well (the Five-seveN).

One day! :P

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33245

• MaD!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 915
@slenderman - in fact you and sky are right. The m16 that you speak of was the vietnam rifle and is still used, however......... Skydavis meant the m16 from ww1 and i looked it up - here is the link

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=391737

you both know your toys lol.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33246

• MaD!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Alex - as guns are impossible to own here (well anything other than rifles and shotguns) i was going to get into archery - i was getting a bear encounter too..... Then the pregnancy came along but its still on my to-do list, whats it like? Ive heard the quick change cam settings are awesome and the adjustable limbs make it easily adjustable for pretty much anyone?

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33247

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

madtothebone1 wrote: @slenderman - in fact you and sky are right. The m16 that you speak of was the vietnam rifle and is still used, however......... Skydavis meant the m16 from ww1 and i looked it up - here is the link

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=391737

you both know your toys lol.

Ahahaha, I figured there was a rifle I didn't know about. I even looked it up before posting that to double check -- but all I could find were M16 "Austrian Helmets". :P

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33248

• AlexRedneck34
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
It is beast truley amazing I will LOVE IT I promise smoot draw novibration and shoots over 300
Fps what more can u ask for oh an super accurate

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33251

• AlexRedneck34
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
lol here she. Is it ant completely finished yet got a dew more things to add to it

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33253

• new jersey devil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 673
Yo Red , Glocks rule have (2), G 21 45 cal , G 26 9mm , great guns. I also have a springfield xd 45 cal. Super gun..a pocket gun Ruger LCP.380 cal....My Duty gun is a Sig sauer p 220 .45 cal. I hate it...mean ole devil. :evil:

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33281

• MaD!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Its made me want one again but cant due to bay on way - definately a futuire toy tho.... Oh i bet you have it up at the 30lb draw weight lol but mine would be for target shooting - we cant go turkey hunting :(

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33282

• MaD!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Then shoot in the prone position with rifles or cross thumbs technique with handguns. That minimises the adverse effects.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33288

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

Slenderman wrote:

Skydavis1 wrote: The gun i was talking about is in ww1 era not veitnam.

But you clearly stated:

I think you have your guns mixed up mate. These are M16's:

They were first manufactured in 1963. And I'm pretty sure they're still being produced.

And if you recall, 1963 happens to coincide with "peace keeping" Operations with the United States in the Viet Nam war (as America began really sending in boots on the ground during the 60's).

So yeah. M-16. Viet Nam. ;)

getatthisdude89 wrote: My buddy bought a russian mosin nagant for 150 bucks at a pawn shop in alabama complete with the bayonette. I'm looking at a Lar .458 socom. Can shoot through quarter inch steel plates at 100 yards. why i need it? I dunno...lol

Whoa, $150 USD?! It had to of been in REALLY good condition for that price, yeah?

And yeah, I had mine with a bayonet, ammo pouch, cleaning kit, etc. I'm pretty sure it's standard with most Nagant's. I (thankfully) REALLY researched before I purchased mine. To the point where I learned what the various stamps mean on the rifle (if it was created in Russia, Ukraine, etc).

Protips for people who buy/consider buying one:

-Bring a barrel snake/light and check it carefully. Some of these saw combat and weren't cleaned (resulting in awful corrosion).

-The bayonets they provide weren't the ones that the rifle was originally assembled with. When the Mosinka's were manufactured, they were zero'd in with the bayonet it came with. The box they provide of bayonets are a bunch of mixed and matched ones. Go through and pick one that actually fits and removed pretty easily.

-Study the receiver stamps to make sure you're getting a quality product.

-Buy your 7.62x54r rounds in bulk online. Buying them from most stores runs about .50 cents a round. Buying in bulk -- you can get each round for about 10 cents each! What a steal!

Its a le m16. Its a rifle not a auto. I will get a pic of the letering on the barrel and let you look at them. But as you can see in the first pics i put up its ww1.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33289

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
I cant get the pic right now since my dad went to town to turn in his paperwork so i will right own what is on the barrel of the gun.

Some big french word i can not make out. M LE M. 16
There are a __ under the LE if tha tis any importance.
That would be the number part of it.

I should be able to get you the pic after lunch.

Last edit: by SkyDavis.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33294

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad

AlexRedneck34 wrote:

lol here she. Is it ant completely finished yet got a dew more things to add to it

Nice bow I will have to get a pic of some of our bows up.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33309

• MaD!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sky look down i put a link way back, its got info about your rifles bro....

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33321

• Doghouse666
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 108
I'm in the same boat as gen jack, my carry gun gets the most attention. H&K U.S.P. .40 s&w. But i also have many other rifles and shotguns. My fav is probably my m94 winchester in 32 win spl, with a half octogon barrel. The sks is fun and cheap to shoot as well

You can fit a square peg in a round hole, but you can't polish a turd.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33327

• Doghouse666
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33334

• Oedius Momicus
  • Oedius    Momicus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346
Oh my! I was wondering when I would get to see an HK. NICE! congrats Doghouse666!

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33335

• Doghouse666
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
thanks!

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33349

• Doghouse666
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
You might enjoy this one oedius...my brother shoulder firing a m82 .50 bmg

The following user(s) said Thank You: Oedius Momicus

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33352

• Oedius Momicus
  • Oedius    Momicus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346
Aw no you didn't!... :ohmy: :cheer: I am so beside myself now that I am going to be totally worthless for the rest of the day! :silly:

Absolutely MAGNIFICENT weapon! I have never seen anyone shoulder fire one of those. :woohoo:

Last edit: by Oedius Momicus.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33356

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
Alright decisions been made, doghouse I need to barrow your HK (back up incase dxp gets defensive) and m82( to scare him not to kill him)
Dxp beware the day can come at any moment :evil: :woohoo:

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33358

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I have a 40 year old daisey BB gun........The BB's just roll out the barrel now........ :P

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33361

• Doghouse666
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

[e]Sputnik wrote: Alright decisions been made, doghouse I need to barrow your HK (back up incase dxp gets defensive) and m82( to scare him not to kill him)
Dxp beware the day can come at any moment :evil: :woohoo:

Haha Sput! Unfortunatly the m82 is gov property and the hk never leaves my side. maybe look into traps and snares. those can be improvised with just about anyting :)

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33402

• getatthisdude89
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
This one doesn't shoot 7.62's i forget what he said they were but they cost 65 dollars for a box of 20 but theyre armor piercing.

General Firearms Discussion 11 years 9 months ago #33429

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

Doghouse666 wrote: You might enjoy this one oedius...my brother shoulder firing a m82 .50 bmg

>That kick.

Ouch.

Time to create page: 0.813 seconds