Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212066

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789
Respected Seniors,

After McFate joining members are contributing the tread. Hats off to McFate. Latest addition to squad, Big*Joe has created a new NLR site and bring it alive in no time. Thank you Big*Joe for your effort and pain you have taken.

It seems NLR is attracting good players. All this is just because senior members here in the squad are respected by one and all.

Credit goes to founder members who in-spite of not being active on forum, still made their presence felt. I am saying this because senior pilots like McFate, who being invited by various squad opted NLR. I'm delighted to play with one of its founder *420* (sorry don't know the exact name)today. I want to personally thank, Luna, Reid("XxxxX") and *420* and all seniors to keep the NLR flame alive.

If possible, can we have the real names of founder members, of course if they want to share.

I think people like me (Vivek Sang) and others who have joined the forum recently would like to hear the early stories of forming NLR and the pilots attached to this squad and for what qualities they are known. This way we can keep the memories alive of our retired senior members.

Hope to get the old stories out from senior memories.

Members who have joined recently can share their views-why they opted for NLR. This way, we can know which things/talk/views one should avoid which can force the good pilot to leave the squad and on the other hand what protocol a pilot has to follow during a game which make NLR distinguished from other.

My reason for joining NLR is the the first game I played as I have seen one NLR (don't remember the name) dominating the game. My son, Ishan, played with the name "Blue Fighter" without any squad till 28-29 level as we don't know that squad/forum do exist and when we do come to know, our first choice is NLR.

Here I would like to to tell everyone about AceLink. We became friend in a game and assure each other that whoever joins late will switch, so that both of us could play on same side, I have not joined NLR at that time. He is "Man of Words", that day to this day, we have played on same side. Thanks Ace for accepting me as your friend.

Hope to listen more from our NLR pilots about their experience which they would like to share.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR]AceL!nk, [NLR] Big*Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212068

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709
Hello nlr please tell your newest recruit, von benny, to pm me, ive been trying to talk to him but am having a hard time finding him in df,
-thanks,
-war hawk
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212093

• JesseJames82
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 890

Just dropin by to say Congrats to joe and NLR see you in the skies big dog. oh and hi 420
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] Big*Joe

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212125

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
  • Thank you received: 543
:woohoo: hiya all! Oh and hi jj lol. Sang my name is Jasmine, since u were wondering. Oh and vivek ur son is an AWESOME fighter! He was schooling me last night on how to really kill lol. Maybe you'll be out tonight to show that it runs in the family ;) Hopefully I'll run into even more NLRs tonight! I'll be flying in about 2hrs :evil:

If thats the way to exterminate, it'll take too freaken looonng
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212143

• [NLR] McFate
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Hello NLRs!

I have changed the minimum rank requirement for new recruits to level 19. This may be changed for special cases. Please have prospective recruits post to this thread so we can check, scrutinize, study, disect, harrass, haze, extort, blackmail, brainwash, abuse, neglect, scratch-n-sniff, poke and prod them (did I forget anything? ) before we welcome them to our humble home.
:evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]AceL!nk, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR] Big*Joe

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212150

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote: :) heading up soon :woohoo:

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212218

• [NLR]AceL!nk
  • Fly Free! Shoot Straight !
  • Thank you received: 76
was great to get a little flying in with you last night 420 ,and want to say thanks to von Be)nny for staying with me till the end, us 2 vs 5 or more red's, and we showed the.m what a couple of NLR pilots can do,great job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] Big*Joe

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212231

• [NLR] McFate

[NLR]AceL!nk wrote: was great to get a little flying in with you last night 420 ,and want to say thanks to von Be)nny for staying with me till the end, us 2 vs 5 or more red's, and we showed the.m what a couple of NLR pilots can do,great job.

That's good news. Keep encouraging Benny to check in on the forum or the website.
( It sounds like he may be from Europe. )
The following user(s) said Thank You: WB|War hawk1-5

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212236

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NEVER TRUST ME ITS A WARNING
  • Thank you received: 848
Is there a spot left in NLR B)

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212401

• [NLR]wolfman15
  • Thank you received: 3
so can anyone give me a link to the nrl website because I just became active again now that I have something to play on and I saw that so major things have changed and that I might not even be in this squadron so if anyone can that would be much appreciated

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212421

• [NLR] McFate

Big*Joe wrote: I am pleased to Announce the Website of The New Lunar Republic is now back in business (with a new address). ALL MEMBERS: Please make sure you sign up so we can coordinate times to fly together as well as Tactics and Strategies!!!

newlunarrepublic.spruz.com/

Future NLR Recruits: Once accepted by NLR Officer, to become an "Official Member of NLR" you MUST introdouce yourself here on the NLR page of the forum, as well as joining in the game, AND signing up to the website!

As "The Elite Squad" of DF we hold our pilots to a higher standard, of course with our main focus on Tactics and Teamwork. So for your membership to NLR to be a success, these steps are crucial for communication and coordination efforts. Thank you for your understanding.

Bump.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212425

• [NLR] McFate

[NLR]wolfman15 wrote: so can anyone give me a link to the nrl website because I just became active again now that I have something to play on and I saw that so major things have changed and that I might not even be in this squadron so if anyone can that would be much appreciated

Hello wolfman15,

Welcome back. The website link is on the post after yours. Please contact Big*Joe for any help with access. I will watch for your join request.

I'm sure you'll notice that there have been many changes. On of them is that squads are now limited to 50 members. We are trying to make sure the NLR membership is active. Will you be sticking around or are you just passing through?

When was the last time you played?
McFate

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212441

• [NLR] Big*Joe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Meta Gaming 101
  • Thank you received: 592
Ill be flying in about an hour :P hope to see some NLR ;)
NewLunarRepublic.spruz.com

Last edit: by [NLR] Big*Joe.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212455

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote:

*420* wrote: :) heading up soon :woohoo:

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212458

• [NLR] Big*Joe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Meta Gaming 101
I still do this if i almost hit the ground, its saved me many times, i swear!!!

heading up now, see you in the skies!

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212460

• Luna
  • Luna's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
I'm speechless. Absolutely speechless.

McFate, in just a few short weeks, you've done something that I thought couldn't be possible. I can't put into words how proud I am seeing this squad thrive again. I knew you were going to bring something good to the squad when you first asked to join, but I never expected something like this.

When Octavia and I founded this squad over two years ago, for the most part we were just playing around. We didn't really have much invested into the squad, or Dogfight in general, so when we created a squadron on a whim, we didn't think it was going to go anywhere. The squad slowly grew, and though it wouldn't reach activity levels comparable to some of the larger squads, we still loved it.

We gathered good, honest players, and made a positive name for ourselves, which was all that really mattered for us in the long run.

Yes, there were times when our activity was scarce, and believe it or not, I planned to shut down the squad once I graduated high school. It was Octavia who convinced me to keep the NLR in business. We shut down our website and reduced our own activity around the game, but we never shut it down because we couldn't bring ourselves to.

Now, seeing how the squad has spontaneously bursted in life, I'm glad we didn't follow through with that decision. I'm more than willing and happy to let all of you take this squad and make it into something great, and it means so much to me that you've done all this already.

I'm glad to see we have a website going again. It looks MUCH better than our old website, many thanks to Big Joe for putting that together.

I know I've stepped down from squadron ownership and leadership, but I have a couple requests that I hope you will honor:

-Respect the current leadership that I left behind. More details on this later in the post.

-Maintain our squad's spirit. The NLR has always kept its head out of trouble and controversy. Individual situations is fine, but I want all members to realize that they represent the NLR both in the forum and in-game. I want everyone to try their best to maintain the NLR's positive reputation.

-Lastly, I'd like to extend my prior ownership to re-arrange the hierarchy and leadership of this squad. Think of it as my final act as a leader of the NLR before fully stepping down and giving you all the ropes.

I am removing the title of "Squadron Leader" and changing it to "Officer" (no worries Jas, you're still awesome!). I feel that there is no need for a monarchy here, this is a "Republic" after all. I will name the officers below:

1st Officer: Jasmine
2nd Officer: Reid
3rd Officer: Ishan Sang
4th Officer: McFate

(The officers above can be considered the "leadership" of the squadron, and they are arranged by their time/previous status in the squad. I trust you four can work together to lead us to new horizons. (NOTE: The four officers have the power to add/remove officers as they wish, but I recommend keeping the number under five). Lastly, my word is not law and if any of you disagree with what I'm putting together, feel free to adjust it to what's best. This is just my suggestion to what I believe is best for the squad.

Also, I want to add some titles to outstanding members who go above and beyond to help the squad. For instance, I am offering Big Joe the title of "Media Coordinator" for his outstanding help in putting together these new banners/website. The addition of new "titled coordinators" is up to the Officer's decisions.

Octavia should remain active and help with these things, but unfortunately I won't be on much, at least for awhile. I'll try my best.

That looks like that should be it! I have the utmost confidence all of you will continue to take this squad to new heights. I'm proud of all of you!

~Luna
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR]AceL!nk, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR] Big*Joe

Last edit: by Luna.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212465

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
Ahhhh luna..... your word will ALWAYS be number one babe. You have handed over the reigns, but your and octavia's word shall always be law! I love you and YOUR squad sooo much! When I asked to join over a couple years ago and was accepted with open arms I was sooo exstatic, and felt at home instantly! I know this squad will always be highly respected, and honorable. Again, it doesn't matter if you only visit even once a year, you and octavia will ALWAYS be the true leaders of NLR! I will forever love u two and this squad, and I will never leave. Thx again soooo much! Muah

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212476

• [NLR] Big*Joe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Meta Gaming 101

Luna wrote: I'm speechless. Absolutely speechless.

McFate, in just a few short weeks, you've done something that I thought couldn't be possible. I can't put into words how proud I am seeing this squad thrive again. I knew you were going to bring something good to the squad when you first asked to join, but I never expected something like this.

When Octavia and I founded this squad over two years ago, for the most part we were just playing around. We didn't really have much invested into the squad, or Dogfight in general, so when we created a squadron on a whim, we didn't think it was going to go anywhere. The squad slowly grew, and though it wouldn't reach activity levels comparable to some of the larger squads, we still loved it.

We gathered good, honest players, and made a positive name for ourselves, which was all that really mattered for us in the long run.

Yes, there were times when our activity was scarce, and believe it or not, I planned to shut down the squad once I graduated high school. It was Octavia who convinced me to keep the NLR in business. We shut down our website and reduced our own activity around the game, but we never shut it down because we couldn't bring ourselves to.

Now, seeing how the squad has spontaneously bursted in life, I'm glad we didn't follow through with that decision. I'm more than willing and happy to let all of you take this squad and make it into something great, and it means so much to me that you've done all this already.

I'm glad to see we have a website going again. It looks MUCH better than our old website, many thanks to Big Joe for putting that together.

I know I've stepped down from squadron ownership and leadership, but I have a couple requests that I hope you will honor:

-Respect the current leadership that I left behind. More details on this later in the post.

-Maintain our squad's spirit. The NLR has always kept its head out of trouble and controversy. Individual situations is fine, but I want all members to realize that they represent the NLR both in the forum and in-game. I want everyone to try their best to maintain the NLR's positive reputation.

-Lastly, I'd like to extend my prior ownership to re-arrange the hierarchy and leadership of this squad. Think of it as my final act as a leader of the NLR before fully stepping down and giving you all the ropes.

I am removing the title of "Squadron Leader" and changing it to "Officer" (no worries Jas, you're still awesome!). I feel that there is no need for a monarchy here, this is a "Republic" after all. I will name the officers below:

(The officers above can be considered the "leadership" of the squadron, and they are arranged by their time/previous status in the squad. I trust you four can work together to lead us to new horizons. (NOTE: The four officers have the power to add/remove officers as they wish, but I recommend keeping the number under five). Lastly, my word is not law and if any of you disagree with what I'm putting together, feel free to adjust it to what's best. This is just my suggestion to what I believe is best for the squad.

Also, I want to add some titles to outstanding members who go above and beyond to help the squad. For instance, I am offering Big Joe the title of "Media Coordinator" for his outstanding help in putting together these new banners/website. The addition of new "titled coordinators" is up to the Officer's decisions.

Octavia should remain active and help with these things, but unfortunately I won't be on much, at least for awhile. I'll try my best.

That looks like that should be it! I have the utmost confidence all of you will continue to take this squad to new heights. I'm proud of all of you!

~Luna

Yay! Glad to see you stop by Luna! and thank you so much for the new title and i graciously and humbly accept, and your welcome for putting up the site, it was my pleasure to help. If Octavia is able to restore any old posts or things on the old site i would love to incorporate the two. Also whenever you get some time please drop by and sign up so i can make you an admin, even if you only drop by on rare occasion (and some Luna insight would be a wonderful thing if you ever have time), but either way an NLR site wouldnt be an NLR site without you on it. We all anxiously await the day you can return and play. Please stop in the forum from time to time as you are a huge reason alot of us are here, myself included and we would love to hear from you just to keep in touch more until the day you return to the skies!

And while i'm at it with thank you's another one to McFate for accepting me into the NLR and allowing me to help out. It is great flying with you and 420 on a regular basis, mainly because i dont have to see either of you in red much anymore!!!! :P but even more so because I am learning from two of the best in DF!!!

I am excited to see where NLR is headed, and i know with the leadership here the sky.....no the MOON is the limit!!!! Go New Lunar Republic!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: *420*, [NLR] McFate

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212500

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
how long do i have to wait to join NLR :huh:

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212507

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789
Wow Luna,

This is the quality of true leader. What a write-up. Keep posting.

You'll always remain the owner of NLR and we all assure you to never let you down in any aspect.

McFate and Big*Joe are doing great in every field. We are recruiting quality players and will continue to spread positive vibes and good sportsmen spirit.

Luna & Octavia, we request you to continue writing to this NLR thread as and when possible.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212528

• [NLR] Big*Joe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Meta Gaming 101

¥¥¥-9000-¥¥¥ wrote: how long do i have to wait to join NLR :huh:

hey 9000, thanks for your interest in joining the NLR, we haven't flown with you much, so the best thing you can do is find one of the 4 officers in game and fly w them as much as you can. The more you impress them the more you are likely to be invited. I flew alot w mcfate, and he is pretty active. Also 420 is on alot at night. And feel free to find me or any NLR member to fly with as we can always recommend you if you impress.

I'm sure you noticed we don't let everyone join and we hold our pilots to a higher standard at the NLR so I'm sure you can appreciate our diligence in the recruiting process as we have limited openings and want to fill these spots with great pilots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, 9000

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212529

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I flew with 420 and XxXx once like 3 weeks ago :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212547

• [NLR] McFate
Note to all applicants:

As you may have noticed, we are undergoing some changes. We are currently working on our recruitment policies. It may take a little while to work out the details. Hopefully we will soon be able to answer all requests.

Thank you for your interest in the NLR!

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212548

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The for accepting me it will be a honur representing New Lunar Republic :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212559

• [NLR] Octavia
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 334
Heyy everyone! Just stopped by to echo Luna's post and say everyone is doing awesome! McFate, love what you've done with the place, haha!

Big Joe, awesome website! I was going to offer you admin privliges on our old website so you can work off of that, but seeing the new website I decided yours was better! Nice job! I'll be creating a sign-in at the new website for myself shortly. Luna said she offered you the title of "Media Coordinator", so I'll be making sure you get your banner.

Speaking of banners, I will post some templates of our official banners on the banner thread, as well as create some new official banners for everybody's new positions. If anyone would like to personalize/change around the banners to their liking, that would be totally fine!

Vivat Nocte, NLR!
We liberate from our negative will to nothingness, and once having said yes to the instant, the affirmation is contagious. It bursts into a chain that knows no limit. To say yes to one instant is to say yes to all of existence.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR] Big*Joe

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212564

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Can someone give me the banner background with the squad logo plz
:huh:

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212569

• [NLR] Big*Joe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Meta Gaming 101

Luna wrote:

~Luna

I would like to see McFate's considered at least 2nd Officer, as he is been instrumental in the revitalization of the NLR and is most active in game and on forums and displays a certain leadership quality that we all respect and get behind. I also think his elevated ranking in the NLR will only attract more top quality pilots! I realize Fate is the newest officer to the NLR but as some of the existing officers have been partially inactive, McFate has proven his dedication to the squad, along with his ability to do some amazing work for the squad and all in the short period of time he has been here, imagine what the future may hold.....

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212575

• Luna
  • Luna's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
I completely understand your point. I made these Officer ranks in terms of who I thought would be best to lead the NLR, and the only reason there is a "1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th..." is to display how long these members have been loyal to the NLR and the amount of experience they have within both the game and the forum.

I have no doubts McFate is a loyal and outstanding member of the NLR. I completely acknowledge the fact that he has taken the squad to its former glory, and potentially may lead it to places I never brought it to. However, as I said before, the only reason I added a number title to the officer list is to leave a testament to that officer's loyalty and experience within the squad. I am trying my best to be fair and not appear to hold favorites, but it would be an insult to the senior officers if I bump them down in the list. I would for no doubt give McFate the position he deserves, but remember that involves me bumping down another equally loyal member.

I mean no offense to anyone. After consideration of your request, I could possibly remove the numbered titles altogether, creating "Squadron Officers", instead of rankings. All of them would be equal in power and title, and there would be no "one member above the other".

Of course, you may bring this up to discussion for the current officers of the NLR, and they can create their own course of action. I left the leadership to them because I believe they will be able to work together and keep the NLR going strong. It is up to them if they want to rearrange/change the current leadership.

Thank you for your consideration.

~Luna

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR] Big*Joe

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212578

• [NLR] McFate
Thanks Joe, and Luna,

I'm not at all worried about the order. I'm honored just to be here!

I would, however like to have some discussions about the NLR's direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] Octavia

The Official New Lunar Republic Squadron Thread 9 years 7 months ago #212597

• [NLR] Big*Joe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Meta Gaming 101

Luna wrote:

I mean no offense to anyone. After consideration of your request, I could possibly remove the numbered titles altogether, creating "Squadron Officers", instead of rankings. All of them would be equal in power and title, and there would be no "one member above the other".

~Luna

I think this would be a great idea Luna and i agree 110%!! I think we all equally respect Reid, Jasmine, McFate, and ishan's leadership and when one is not available another usually is. We all respect whatever you decide as you and Octavia will always be the founders/leaders and your word will always be final with everyone at NLR.

Moderators: [NLR]*XxXxX*[NLR] McFate[NLR] The Blue Fighter[NLR]MysterioCush62boom2
Time to create page: 1.210 seconds