Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: What to do with WW2 airplanes.

The game should stay as it is now. I like my WW2 planes.
21 43.8%
Completely remove WW2 planes from the game.
27 56.3%
Total number of voters: 48 ( Rick Grimes, WarEagle!, V.K.S., Dunc7, pufpuf2 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384130

• Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 464

While I am not agreeing to the whole line for which I voted, I do think the game will be more healthy left as it is.  I am not saying I like my WW2 planes.  got them mostly to try to be competitive when all others flying WW2.

Zup, I believe that all of us, even the complainers, very much appreciate this game and the tireless work you put into it!
THANK YOU!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, nebular, Dunc7, CH!RON 13
Last edit: by Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}.
The topic has been locked.

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384131

• Stormbringer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may win the battle but not the war
  • Thank you received: 577

Zup, leave the game as it is, complaint is a daily affair, you can never satisfy them. Today you help them, tomorrow another complaint sets in. There's no ending. What you did zup, you bring back memories of the 1940s, you take away the ww2 planes, you take away their memories. It is an accomplishment which no one else has done and you did it. In ten years time these ww2 planes will be just a memory. So let's just leave it as it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, Dunc7, Pegoud

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384132

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Dogfight is the 1st ever online multiplayer game i ever played in my life.. and i fell in love with it. I chose it because it was a WWI aerial combat game.. and the WWII planes that were introduced were the beginning of the end of my love affair.
There are literally tons of WWII air combat games out there, most with better physics and graphics, etc. but there was only ONE Dogfight! 
I miss Dogfight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Thulsa Doom, Sharp Shooter, V.Huntress War, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, nebular, Dunc7, Skeeter72{WP}, Pegoud and 2 other people also said thanks.

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384134

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
 like some others I got into this game for the WWI era flying and combat...

that said,

I do appreciate all the hard work and effort Zup has invested into this quite unique game...

here we are...

Leave the game as it is... this is what is required to be at all visible in todays market

Just play and enjoy as best as possible
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Viper10{WP}, CH!RON 13

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384135

• Skeeter72{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Everyone has a plan, untill punched in the mouth.
  • Thank you received: 1949
I say this, and I know it will fall on deaf ears. There are Squadrons......SQUADRONS that have left because of two things.
Those are bullet drop, and Jets. There's no disputing that. That should be established.
I've been in contact with a few, and that was the final nail in the coffin. I've paid money and upgraded all these jets. But they are unicorns.... That I'll never fly...and IDGAF abou. But if yall want a WW2 war. LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his". - George Patton
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, CH!RON 13

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384136

• Skeeter72{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Everyone has a plan, untill punched in the mouth.
  • Thank you received: 1949
I just ended a game of bomb the hangers in 2 passes (in jet) while blacked out drunk. Yall do want you want with these pilots that can't SHOOT, and MANEUVERE, or to be in a JET!!!
I think there should be some reconsideration. But if it may come down to it.... I'll be WW2 for now on.... lol, come get some. WW2 has and always been a I'm not good enough, but I've got the money...just wait lads...well meet you... It's just another obstacle, and way of dying. Just delete all the WW1 ZUP....what's the difference.
Kill all WW1planes....what's the difference. 

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his". - George Patton
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, CH!RON 13

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384139

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789
Let’s have two servers e.g. Basic Server and Challenger Server.

Basic Server, like in earlier days we used to have noob days where everyone flies with basic plane irrespective of having better plane in hangar just to give new players equal ground to compete.

Keeping in mind the above point, everyone on Basic Server will have same plane with full upgrades. With each game fully upgraded plane changes on random basis e.g., game 1 will give basic plane to all players, after say 1 hour, new game will change plane to some higher one and so on.Fix number of free games per day and afterwards give options to pay on daily basis or monthly basis. Daily charges will be applicable to Basic Server only.

Advantage:All will be on same platform. No undue advantage. Only experience counts.A new players can enjoy the power of full upgrade features which will motivate them to go for better planes and upgrade.

Challenger ServerThose who want to improve or challenge their skills or compete with experienced players will go to challenger server where they will compete with whatever planes they have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, V.Huntress War, Gannet, Viper10{WP}, Dunc7, Magnus Canneb, CH!RON 13
Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384141

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166
Yes, I vote to remove all ww2 planes. The map is too small for the ww2 planes. They can cross the field in minutes. If you get shot down by the time you're up in the air, the ww2 plane is approaching the target. Games used to last an hour sometimes, now they are over in minutes when there are jets.

On the topic of things to remove,  I would also remove the horse, bike, and soldier, and instead make an option to go directly into tank or back to base when the soldier parachutes safely to the ground. Bring back the focus to what made the game great, WW1 air combat.  Too many games are ruined by people not flying. Recently I was in a dogfight match, most of the killing was done by soldiers at the base, shooting planes down. Also get rid of the new damage mechanic, it doesn't work. Keep it simple and have 4 hits for every plane like before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., ZebraUp, Thulsa Doom, Sharp Shooter, Viper10{WP}, nebular, Skeeter72{WP}, Magnus Canneb, CH!RON 13
Last edit: by Cricket.

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384143

• sspippe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 217

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
please remove it, thanks in advance

The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, coyote, Sniper-92, CH!RON 13

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384148

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 814
I feel they should be done away with or seperates them in different server I prefer ww1 thx my vote is no ww2 
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, V.Huntress War, nebular, Dunc7, coyote

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384149

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Agree with cricket best idea I've ever heard him say.lol jk cricket 

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384150

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4448
And now Saint Zupolas has your "wish lists",
he's going to deliver to everyone on Christmas Eve
using his new WW0 plane.
Big thanks to St Zup!
Please don't shoot him down in flames! (again!)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Pegoud, Juan Marni
Last edit: by Gannet.

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384151

• BTS2022
  • Thank you received: 12
Hola a todos

He votado eliminar aviones WW2. Lo he hecho por creo que este juego tiene el espíritu de la WW1. También pienso que los esfuerzos de desarrollo deberían estar mas apuntados a crear mas armas de la WW1 (obuses, ametralladora, granadas de gas venenoso, mascara antigas, mira telescópica para francotiradores, etc.). Se que algunos serían difícil de desarrollar pero servirían de excusa para canjearlos por los que compraron aviones de WW2. 
Si me parece interesante tener aviones de WW2 en otro escenario y otras misiones , pero ya sería otro juego.

Saludos
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, Magnus Canneb

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384152

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
Worked hard to get those WWII planes, but the game lost its magic once I had them. I say stick with the biplanes and get WWII out!

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, nebular, Dunc7

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384153

• Sniper-92
  • Thank you received: 63
Prefiero ww1 que ya no exista ww2 
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, V.Huntress War, nebular, coyote
Last edit: by Sniper-92.

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384154

• Stormbringer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may win the battle but not the war
  • Thank you received: 577

Zup you are an entrepreneur, a business man who has only one objective in mind make money. You make amendment or adjustment everyday to dogfight. Attending to complaints trying to meet ends. No more additional features added, you might end up trying to solve more problem then you already have. Removing ww2 planes, might lose some more players and might win favours from other players, retaining ww2 planes might eventually win a few and gain a few. To my opinion this question of removing ww2 plane should not be raise in the first place. In order to strike an equitable balance, split Ww1 from ww2 planes into two different servers. On trial basis. See if things work out. Lower down the fees to gain new players, only applicable to new subscribers, later you can raise the fee if the economy picks up. You make the call, we are just contributing ideas. As they say, the need of the one outweighs the need of the many. Without you there won't be a dogfight elite. This is just a mere suggestion but you decide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dunc7, Magnus Canneb

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384156

• Magnus Canneb
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 355
I must admit that I "cry" sometimes when we all are flying WW1 and fighting for ONE   ...king hanger, then a jet arrives and ruins the game.
I have WW2 planes to fight against jets and spits, and I love my Corsair.
I started to play the old Dogfight, just few weeks. When I came back there was Jets!!!    no way!   I had to adapt. 
I play this game to get relaxed...   WW2 do not allow relaxation, they're too fast.
It will be too sad if all your effort is deleted. I appreciate a lot your work. I love DFE. Tanks a lot Zuperman. Do what is best for you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, V.Huntress War, Pegoud, coyote, Sniper-92

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384157

• Aioros
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SlipKnoT
  • Thank you received: 309
Solo divide las guerras como estaban antes si quieren un juego justo, pero no borres los aviones toma en cuenta el tiempo que tardamos en comprarlos y mucho mas en las mejores que no son nada baratas.

Lo que tambien se puede hacer es poner todos los aviones al mismo nivel respetando las 2 guerras y creo que estaria bien por que ya se verian distintos aviones nivelados en la partida.

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384158

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You don't have to be concerned on that he will no matter what the votes are..lol 

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384160

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

I enjoy the WW2 planes. The issue is WW2 versus WW1 planes. I understand the cost of maintaining separate servers. You are running a for profit business. Maybe there could be a filte.r that prevents WW2 planes from joining a game with WW1 planes. If WW1 are in the game you are required to select a WW1 to join?

RIP CRAZYWOLF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, nebular, Pegoud

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384161

• Dunc7
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2040

For all of you who are suggesting removing all WW2 planes, understand that this represents an enormous waste of effort and $ for all of us, not just Joaquin. I have said from the beginning that the change to combined ww1 and 2 was a mistake, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!  We need a compromise.  Huntress had a good idea that sounds interesting.  My vote is to keep WW2, but separate it from WW1. Also, get rid of the shields and reduce the power of pistols!

[img]https://imgur.com/0UdWzoB] [img]https://i.imgur.com/irK7ubH.png[/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Z I R I G, V.Huntress War, nebular, Sniper-92

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384162

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369

Hola a todos

He votado eliminar aviones WW2. Lo he hecho por creo que este juego tiene el espíritu de la WW1. También pienso que los esfuerzos de desarrollo deberían estar mas apuntados a crear mas armas de la WW1 (obuses, ametralladora, granadas de gas venenoso, mascara antigas, mira telescópica para francotiradores, etc.). Se que algunos serían difícil de desarrollar pero servirían de excusa para canjearlos por los que compraron aviones de WW2. 
Si me parece interesante tener aviones de WW2 en otro escenario y otras misiones , pero ya sería otro juego.

Saludos

I totally agree with you. I love the pistol and soldier stuff.

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: Z I R I G, Sniper-92

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384164

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142

Want to change my vote to Delete ww2. You just changed the ranks to a ridiculous range. It already took forever to get. Now rank 32?!?!?!?! Never be able to level the playing field now. Absurd. Delete ww2.  Awful update. Sorry. 

Response: (why doesn't the forum allow to type the reply??) Anyway, yes I moved the airplane up ranks but I lowered all rank expirience requirement so you can level up faster to that rank. I did the math before changing it and basically it's the same than it was before. 

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384165

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Ok, so let's say I remove all WW2 planes. Now, I noticed almost everyone that requested it to be removed, are oldies in the game. What this means is that you are already so high up on the ranks you don't need to purchase any planes or points. So from making this work (I need to pay the bills), what can the game offer so that you would spend money on it? I can't just remove WW2, make you happy and give all the work free, it has to add some income or I can't do it.
I can think of adding a couple of new WW1 planes or machine guns or whatever. But you already have so many points that you would be able to purchase whatever I add in 2 seconds free. You would get all WW2 planes removed and I also the game death because I wouldn't be able to support it and be forced to shut it down.

Solutions? 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet, nebular, Dunc7, BTS2022
Last edit: by zuperman.

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384166

• pinkstar30
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1738
I wud buy new ww1 planes. Also this is justan idea but for one don't like certain missions.. ( df , ctc etc) I'm sure there are others that don't like certain games.. instead of server .. maybe mission choices ..? I wud even subscribe for that. Cuz I log in a dfmission.. most of time I leave chz that's turned into soldiers standing on runway for cheap spawnkills. There may be few more out there that wud pay for mission choices too as I've heard many say they don't care for certain missions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, Viper10{WP}, nebular, Dunc7

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384167

• CH!RON 13
  • Thank you received: 33
im friends with people now from the game outside the game i ask them why they no longer play name blurred just for privacy i ask a few more same issue

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384168

• CH!RON 13
  • Thank you received: 33
how many players fly the jet subscribe
another thought is keep the jets just even out the frield make the top tier ww1 and top tier ww2 equal you can still fly a jet but the only advantage is it has 4 bombs
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War
Last edit: by CH!RON 13.

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384169

• Buddah4Q
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 129
 Cant be the same. After much time and work I am closing in on level 23. Before, enough for Spitfire. Now it is changed to rank 32? !?!?!?? So instead of going from 22 to 23 now I have to go to 32? I would have sent $ on that spitfire. And so disappointed out of reach now. Sorry. 

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384172

• col8eral
  • Thank you received: 30
I have been playing for years and really enjoy it. My favourite is ww2 and enjoyed the game most when there were two separate servers. Now unfortunately I and many other ww2 players receive alot of hate when using a ww2 plane. I like many others spent many, many hours and a lot of money to get to the top ww2 planes. We spent the money in good faith and to remove the planes would I feel be wrong. 

I would prefer the servers to be split like the old days, but if that can't happen then it should continue with both ww2 and ww1. 

If the ww2 planes are removed how would people get a refund on the money they spent?

You asked what people would do if ww2 was removed. I for one would leave the game and respectfully ask for a refund of the money spent. 

I hope you decide to keep ww2.

Should I remove WW2 planes from the game? 2 years 4 months ago #384174

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

It might encourage a higher subscription rate to have a more reliable, competitive platform.

RIP CRAZYWOLF
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, nebular
Time to create page: 0.635 seconds