Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads that are just too cool to even have to search for them. RULE: you can't create a thread in here, a moderator has to move it from any other location.

TOPIC:

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187377

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot
  • Thank you received: 411
Due to a recent change of location/residence, I am currently "grounded" until I can find an affordable yet reliable portable wifi...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187380

• yakuza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 556
U know its been awhile since ive been around....so just wondering wheres everyone else... such as Dr Dave.... u guys stash him somewhere?
He always had a good story to tell... kinda miss it :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187384

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

[TFL] Robert33 wrote: Due to a recent change of location/residence, I am currently "grounded" until I can find an affordable yet reliable portable wifi...

McDonald's! ! Lmbo.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187386

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

yakuza wrote: U know its been awhile since ive been around....so just wondering wheres everyone else... such as Dr Dave.... u guys stash him somewhere?

yea I locked him in the freezer for shooting me down to much :whistle:

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187390

• jacklpe
  • jacklpe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027

yakuza wrote: U know its been awhile since ive been around....so just wondering wheres everyone else... such as Dr Dave.... u guys stash him somewhere?

Dave's alright. I check on him in real life. He just isn't as active on here as in the past due to some technical difficulties with his iPad. He's still around though. As far as the rest of 'em, they probably have a "10 reasons we hate Jacklpe" list" going by now. It's inevitable when you are a bit too opinionated from time to time... I hate it, but at least people usually know where I stand.

I've got Manfred, Luna (don't know if you knew she came on board), Big C, and even Kes looking out for us. As far as I'm concerned, they are the best and brightest in the game. I may not be all that sharp, but the rest of the "staff" here can't be beat.

Hopefully things will pick up, but either way, this thread has wildly exceeded any expectations that I ever had for it.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187394

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215

[*M] tKestrel wrote: hey davy did jacklpe take care of ur plane?

:woohoo:
DAVY SAYS, no he did not, he owes me. However i have a large bar tab for all my grape nehi therefore I keep real quiet. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't want him to find out after all we know how opinionated he is. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187395

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[M] MISFIT CROCKETT wrote:

[*M] tKestrel wrote: hey davy did jacklpe take care of ur plane?

DAVY SAYS, no he did not, he owes me. However i have a large bar tab for all my grape nehi therefore I keep real quiet. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't want him to find out after all we know how opinionated he is. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

lol yea we had a rocket launcher game, and ur plane got caught in the cross hairs when u went to use the restroom..... u might need to go back a few pages lol

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187398

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

jacklpe wrote:

Dave's alright. I check on him in real life. He just isn't as active on here as in the past due to some technical difficulties with his iPad. He's still around though. As far as the rest of 'em, they probably have a "10 reasons we hate Jacklpe" list" going by now. It's inevitable when you are a bit too opinionated from time to time... I hate it, but at least people usually know where I stand.

I've got Manfred, Luna (don't know if you knew she came on board), Big C, and even Kes looking out for us. As far as I'm concerned, they are the best and brightest in the game. I may not be all that sharp, but the rest of the "staff" here can't be beat.

Hopefully things will pick up, but either way, this thread has wildly exceeded any expectations that I ever had for it.

yea im bout as bright as a wet match in a dark cave. But I do stick around here. I even dug me out a bedroom inside the tunnel entrance ate the shed over by the bridge. I come in here mainly to harass jackple and ol' many lol :lol:

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187405

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Huh? bright, wet match, dark cave... oh I get it now!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old, jacklpe

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187414

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Page 1 updated. Congratulations Kes. You now have a title and a paycheck. You didn't apply? It doesn't matter. You've been shanghai'd.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Jasonmc

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187415

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Kes, from now on, when you mess up the pool table, you can order another. Your vanilla cokes are free though.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187420

• Jasonmc
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 804

jacklpe wrote:

Jack you have to look real hard but back in that dark corner of the bar Is a stool. On that stool sits a country boy from kansas. Just because I'm quit and hard to see dosnt mean I'm not here. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187421

• Jasonmc
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Jack I hope this wasnt you.

It happened not to far from my house.

Last edit: by Jasonmc.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187425

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Glad you are still around Jason. Everything is safe and sound today. I'm in Cheyenne, WY at the moment. I guess the only bit of excitement for this trip has been outrunning the wall cloud/tornadic thunderstorm that was bearing down on me in Denver yesterday. That was fun. Other than that, all is quiet.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasonmc

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187427

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Jacklpe: Proprietor
Manfred: Bartender
Luna: Barmaid
Parrothead: Manager of "Special Projects"
Big C: Head of Security
tKestrel: Facilities Manager

O MY GOSH O MY GOSH O MY GOSH!!!!!!

THANK U THANK U THANK U!!!
Im happier than a tornado in a trailer park!!!! (For all yall with kids or just like kid movies, yall will know where I got that from lol)
Thank u so much Jacklpe, I wont let u down. Best part about this, I dont take tips for this job hehehe
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, Jasonmc

Last edit: by tKestrel old.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187442

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411

[*M] tKestrel wrote:

Jacklpe: Proprietor
Manfred: Bartender
Luna: Barmaid
Parrothead: Manager of "Special Projects"
Big C: Head of Security
tKestrel: Facilities Manager

O MY GOSH O MY GOSH O MY GOSH!!!!!!

THANK U THANK U THANK U!!!
Im happier than a tornado in a trailer park!!!! (For all yall with kids or just like kid movies, yall will know where I got that from lol)
Thank u so much Jacklpe, I wont let u down. Best part about this, I dont take tips for this job hehehe

you got that from the greatest animated movie of all time, is where you got that.... Watched it last week. That movie is SO good. Story is 10/10.

It's Cars, by the way
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187443

• EchoSaber
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 271

Jasonmc wrote: Jack I hope this wants you.

It happened not to far from my house.

WoW what a ride...he probably had to clean his pants after that :blink: :whistle: :woohoo:
WoT ingame name - Nijenrode

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187454

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I've seen that video going around a lot lately. That was an amazing exhibition of skill on that drivers part.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., Jasonmc

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187459

• Jasonmc
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I would like to say that if I was diving I would be able to save it but in all reality I would probably freeze and wake up a few days later in a strange place. :)

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187487

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Jasonmc wrote: I would like to say that if I was diving I would be able to save it but in all reality I would probably freeze and wake up a few days later in a strange place. :)

I woke up hanging upside down in my pickup one time, having no idea where I was or how I got there. That was interesting.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187504

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot
  • Thank you received: 411

[*M] tKestrel wrote:

[TFL] Robert33 wrote: Due to a recent change of location/residence, I am currently "grounded" until I can find an affordable yet reliable portable wifi...

McDonald's! ! Lmbo.

Lol, if only our local McDonald's branches here have a half-decent wifi connection :p

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187515

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
So Jacko whaddya think, was the trailer loaded or empty given how it moved around?
M

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187521

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7264
Hey all how ya''ll been?

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187543

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Robert, good luck finding a new internet connection. I'm used to working with really bad ones, so I feel your pain.

Ghost, I'm doing ok. I'm just working my butt off right now. I was in KC a few days ago... But as you are a ghost, I had no idea how to summon you.

Manfred, 99% he was empty. Were he loaded, it would have went over very quickly.... But loaded ones aren't as prone to tip like that either. Heavy and low is the best way to be loaded in high winds.... If he was loaded though, he was extremely light. A full load on that type of truck is about 44-45,000 lbs, taking his gross weight to the legal limit in the US of 80,000 lbs. What would be considered light in that circumstance would probably be 10K or less. My guess is that he was m/t though.

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187545

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7264

jacklpe wrote: Robert, good luck finding a new internet connection. I'm used to working with really bad ones, so I feel your pain.

Ghost, I'm doing ok. I'm just working my butt off right now. I was in KC a few days ago... But as you are a ghost, I had no idea how to summon you.

Manfred, 99% he was empty. Were he loaded, it would have went over very quickly.... But loaded ones aren't as prone to tip like that either. Heavy and low is the best way to be loaded in high winds.... If he was loaded though, he was extremely light. A full load on that type of truck is about 44-45,000 lbs, taking his gross weight to the legal limit in the US of 80,000 lbs. What would be considered light in that circumstance would probably be 10K or less. My guess is that he was m/t though.

Lol will I guess you forgot how to use pms. :P jk that's the best way to summon me! :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187633

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred

jacklpe wrote: ... My guess is that he was m/t though.

Through the years I've seen several cars and non-trailer trucks skid across freeway lanes in front of me, and I've been amazed at how they look as they slide. Generally, as they go across the pavement they look stably planted on their tires, and that's an illustration of how low center of gravity is on the average vehicle. Then I drive by some wrecks with cars upside down, and they are always off to the side on the grass. My lesson is don't go sideways, but definitely don't go sideways off the road or you may bounce or catch something, and flip.

Makes sense that even a medium load on a semi will bring the c.g. up substantially.

Manfred

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187634

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hey manny, can I have a vinilla coke please :)

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187646

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
Of course! And if I'm not here, there's a line of bottles in the fridge.

How's life in the Facilities world? I would definitely outsource anything having to do with the bathroom, especially after a [M]party or even just Davy having dinner. The MOMs don't generally mess the floor as much, but they break a lot of things. And, umm, you understand that Facilities also means, well, that you help Jackie with, you know, Facilitating stuff. Ay? Wink, nudge?

That third key on your key ring doesn't fit any locks, but if you hold it up to the fingerprint pad downstairs, it unlocks the bookcase. Bring a flashlight - as high tech as the inner workings of the JR are, we didn't think a radiation-hardened light bulb would burn out so quick and didn't have a spare. Those things take a little time to procure, even through Jacko's channels.

M

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187664

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Thx bud, I needed a good cold coke. And yea I know what it means :) this also means I can remodel the bathrooms :evil: it can be better than the old wooden look it has now. Ill turn it into a modern marvel of a bathroom. With toilets with usb ports so we can do our business without the worry of our phone dieing lmfbo

The Jolly Roger! 9 years 11 months ago #187704

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
  • Thank you received: 577
Walks into the bar for the first time. Takes a seat, and talks to the first person who will listen

"Anyone ever get demolished by a falling plane before? I think it happened to me yesterday."

"And while I'm at it, I got hit by a tank on the same day, and it seemed to count as two kills. Any idea how that might happened? Crazy skies these days."

Orders a drink: A "Slow Gin Fizz" (Gin, lemon juice, sugar, club soda)

"what's going to be the most popular paint job? I might do the white Russian."

Time to create page: 0.861 seconds