• Page:

TOPIC:

Major update coming 1 year 4 months ago #387602

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
I've been working for almost 2 months on the next big update. If everything goes well, you shouldn't see much difference visually. The reason is that the big update is for all internal code that I had to update for a new physics and network code on Unity 2022.

Nevertheless, I took some time to improve things that you will notice:
1) Translations. Several languages were missing translations. I took time to fix many of them, you can help translate them to your language in this thread. Thanks to everybody that is helping out!  Translations - Dogfight Elite Forum
2) Flak. The carriers will not shoot as machine guns anymore. Those canons will shoot flak ammunition. It looks cool and I've enjoyed testing it very much. Search youtube flak videos and see what you will expect on the next release :)
3) Audio. I made large improvements to the audio. I'm also adding different soundtracks that will play when action is detected.
4) Aiming with the soldier. Right now the soldier is very hard to use on a phone. I believe the next version is much better.
5) Better synchronization between animations. You will now see when people turn on/off the engines and their ailerons, rudder, and tails move too.
6) Better point system. It will be more clear what points you get for each thing.
7) Better collisions and hit system. I hope to mitigate a lot of those head crashes and only one person dies.
8 ) Better integration with Discord. If you joined the Discord server, you will see that it connects all your pilot information automatically and creates a Squadron section for you.

I made countless fixes on the code also, too many to list. Removing old code helped fix many outstanding issues.

I'm also working as of right now on (Not sure whether I can make it all for the next update):
- Better ranking system.
- Possibility to add a custom squadron logo to every single plane.
- Possibility to paint your plane however you wish.
- Improvements on how the sidecar and motorcycle are driven. The Unity wheels system is a disaster and I have to rewrite it myself.
- Some other surprises.

Remember, if you know any other language, you can help translate the game in  Translations - Dogfight Elite Forum
So far I have fully translated English, Spanish, Dutch, and French.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Marko99, baron rojo, Lowdan Clear, Acegirl, Gannet, ~Bandit~, nebular, frits, car151958, Cypher7{WP} and 5 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Major update coming 1 year 1 month ago #388010

• Buddah4Q
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 129
Any news of this major update coming? Was looking foward to this one. - thanks

Major update coming 1 year 1 month ago #388017

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
.Could you please add to this update that when a player leaves the game, he is sent to a different one, because players that dislike the turn fighting style of play and want everyone to play the head on shooting style; now log out of the game whenever they are about to get shoot down by a turn fighter player.  So after we avoid getting shoot down buy the head on fighter we manage to out turn him by getting hit multiple times in the process and when we have him in our sights and are about to shoot him down, he logs out of game; respawn at his base and come head on again in a fresh new plane but now you are in a weaken position because you have bean already shoot multiple times from your first head on encounter.  If a player leaves a game to try and gain an unfair advantage over the “dogfighter style players” then he should be sent to a different game and not allowed back in. I know they will go then back to crashing before getting shoot down, to that I propose 3 crashes per game like when you team kill or shoot at own hangers the game kicks you out and gives you a 10 min. penalty. If you crash more than 3 times in a game, you get a penalty. Or as a final suggestion maybe create a server for head on style of play and another for turn fighting style.  Just suggestions for your consideration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, Pegoud

Major update coming 1 year 1 month ago #388018

• ..OWL..{WP*}
  • Thank you received: 110
When I crash it just happens I try get out of the way I have asked zup before I think sometimes it could be connection I don't want to be kicked from a game because of crashes just saying
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Major update coming 1 year 1 month ago #388019

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
those type of crashes are rare and that is why I suggest 3 per game. The type of crashes in talking about is when a player dips his plane to the ground to avoid getting shoot down. Those type ocurre more than 3 times. Also logging out of the game before getting shoot down to then come back in. Those type of actions should be revised. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: ..OWL..{WP*}

Last edit: by Acegirl.

Major update coming 1 year 1 month ago #388022

• ..OWL..{WP*}
What about when your trying to make your kill and you keep shooting because nobody's dead then you crash

Major update coming 1 year 1 month ago #388024

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4450
Just make a crash have the same effect as being shot down. 
I.e. Increase your deaths count.

Major update coming 1 year 1 month ago #388027

• JE VOIS TOUT_
  • A Snake Deserves No Pity
  • Thank you received: 28
what if zup added where if you crash into another player you begin to go in a flat spin, gg ez

Last edit: by JE VOIS TOUT_.

Major update coming 1 year 1 month ago #388042

• Lowdan Clear
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 305

I agree with Ace on logging out and back into a game. I think there are many other reasons players do it other than to avoid getting shot down though. The strategy seems to be mostly accepted by the current DF community and permeates every game I play. However, logging out and in of a game to change sides is a capability that I think should be brought back. But logging out and in to refresh fuel, ammo, get back to base quicker to defend, or avoid being killed should have a negative consequence in my humble opinion.  

Thanks for all you do Zup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Pegoud, Montymor.

Major update coming 1 year 1 month ago #388047

• Paco Zorapel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Paco the Taco :D
  • Thank you received: 288
I think just showing the amount of crashes each player has would be simpler, because as long as I know the game already stores that information (or at least it used to, as it could be seen in the  "external" ranking in dogfightelite.com ). It would be simply restoring the html the way it was (idk if it would be easy to add in in-game though).
Thanks to [Ñ] THE BLACK DRAGONS and Montymor for accepting me in such a big family. ¡Volar con honor, no rendirse jamás!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni

Last edit: by Paco Zorapel. Reason: idk

Major update coming 1 year 1 month ago #388048

• ..OWL..{WP*}
There's alot more to crashing pc vs phone lagi I I started a topic about it a while back and if you look Zup explains it and gives  a link to video that shows how it happens its all about crashes 

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds