Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56463

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
Well Mr Z. You mind if I call you Mr Z.? Anyway I'm new to the game and to this hole video gaming world
I've never gotten into these games before, but this little diddy you've made here.... awes now this is a game
In fact, its one I've tried to get my kids an grand kids into. (On my dime) but that's ok they love it. And so do I.
Id like to thank you for your hard work and if I can help I will. Just PM me and maybe we can find a way. But above
All else for now. Thank You.
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman
The topic has been locked.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56472

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • [LB] Pedrinho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Wow. What a thread.

As Z said, he is a human being. As I am too, of course!!! That's why I make errors (a lot, by the way!).
And that's why I have the right to be pissed off when I see so many people complaining with no responses - what was happening UNTIL YESTERDAY. I am really happy that my "furious" original post reached one of its main goals (as I stated in the beginning, I asked Z to "fix these game flaws, or leave other people do the job, or at the very least, give us some feedback!"), as he is finally showing himself and giving us a (good and honest) feedback.

Now, lets clear some things up...

Despite all my numerous flaws, my mother taught me to be a humble guy. And I am. So, I am here to apologise to Mr. Zuperman for hitting him a little hard. I needed to put a pepper on the plate to provoke a little, but I recognize that not everyone likes pepper (by the way, I love it), so, again, please accept my apologies, Mr. Zuperman.

And thanks to all the people that posted their opinions. And to those that defended Z, I need to say that I love this game too, and I already made my homage to the game in Google Play's Dogfight site months ago - and it was a very long review, saying all the good things I had to say about this great game at that time. Yeah, it can sound contradictory, but I really do love this game too, guys! Otherwise, I wouldn't care to write all these posts, climb up all the rank ladder, playing it in a regular basis and participating on the forum like I am!!!!!

But it is exactly for loving this game that I thought that I needed to do something radical to make Z give us something - and a little feedback didn't cost him nothing, huh??!!! I am sure that several forum members was happy to see that Zuperman is alive, and is caring about what is happening. But I only knew it after my last move!

I repeat: I am not ashamed to recognize that I was "heavy handed" with Z in some way. But it seems that, unfortunately, he didn't even know that I posted a very nice review in the Google Play, and never posted any bad review! In other hand, the first time I complain, he throws some sarcasm at my face!?!?!?! How sad...

I am really upset about the fact that Zuperman didn't use my name in his post. No, Mr. Zuperman, I am NOT an "expert programmer". I already stated this in a very clear way, just read my first post again. And yes, I made a bad judgment about the gaming profits, but hey, I warned all of you that it was just an assumption - a wrong assumption, that's clear now: because like you, Mr. Zuperman, I am a human too, and I make mistakes as anyone does!!!

Returning to the sarcasm point: No, Mr. Zuperman, I am not an "expert programmer". I never programmed in a commercial way, so I was unaware of all those non-coding things that are involved in gaming development and deployment. I am really sorry about saying all that stuff about making money with the game, I could be a little more conscious before saying that. I want all people to know that I regret from saying that. But again, I really think that, as a costumer, I shouldn't be treated by you as you did - with rudeness, with sarcasm, with irony.

I really took your silence as a debauchery, a mockery, but now that you finally gave us a good feedback, I consider my "mission" accomplished. But it would be nice if you, Mr. Zuperman, publicly recognize at least two things:

1 - In the last months, You could be a little more present on the forum, giving some feedback in a more regular basis;
2 - You was a little rude by merely referring to me as "an expert programmer", or as "Mr. Expert", instead of simply using my forum name to address me your answers. I never disrespected you, nor anyone, and I expect some consideration and respect from others - and even more from the "key forum member" that you are!!!

To the other guys: Sorry for the typos, sorry for my bad English, and sorry for my prolix, verbose and repetitious text - but this time I won't bother to revise it.

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56473

• Flying muck
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2749

bomer1 wrote: And i hate how jaff blamed in on the kids, all the kids defended zup and it was def not the kids that boycotted.

And fly/paul thats review was not needed. Putting reviews like that now one will buy the game and i can't blame Joaquin if he actually did abandoned us. Just be happy that for $5 u got to meet all the great people.

Nobody posted a bad review, sometimes you have get up and slap someone round the back of hi head to get his attention, do to speak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]coop, Paul Mantz, Jr.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56475

• Flying muck
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2749
Well Z it's nice to know you're still in the land of DF. You say the game doesn't make any money, well maybe it should, money buys stuff and services, you could up the monthly subscription, I've paid the life one, but if it would help I would also pay a couple $ yearly to keep me in the game. Maybe cut down on the free games somehow, that way those who just go looking for free games on the net would not be around for too long, less traffic for servers to deal with, I don't know!
Any way I'm happy we got your attention and some feedback, even though some of us had to be a little nasty to achieve it.
I think that's all any of us wanted, just to know that you are aware of the problems and that you are working to resolve them.
Communication, talking, that's all it ever takes.
Luna is right about the community aspect on the forum, but without the game the forum ceases to exist.
My only problem now is getting my sound back, that went out the window when I did the last update, don't know how or why, it might not have been anything to do with the update, it might be coincidence, but my local Apple guys and the guy in the computer store I use, who incidentally knows his stuff, can't figure it out.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56481

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
No paul posted a review on play store.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56483

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460

bomer1 wrote: No paul posted a review on play store.

Yes, I did. Compared to the others I read, mine was mild. I said nothing untrue and gave hope AND used my name.
Did my communication with Z help? He finally communicated with all of us. Isn't that one of the desired requests?
I own several companies and I require that we get communication from our customers. The negative ones help us do better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56484

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Before I take a break (as I posted in the squad thread), I came here to give a Karma + for you, Paul.
Merry Christmas to all, and have a happy New Year, folks!

Edit: I am waiting for Z's public recognition of that two things I listed in my previous post on this thread...

I took the RED PILL!
Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56491

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
Which is it, Pedrinho? Do you want Z to spend his spare time giving you feedback, or actually working on the game? Just think about all the time spent replying to emails. Now if you expect him to reply to all PMs on the forum and post every time somebody has a complaint in the threads then there would be no time to even attempt fixing anything.

Z, I still like the idea of a donation area. I have heard plenty of people say that that they would donate if they could do more than 99cents at a time. T-shirts are also a great idea. I know I would buy a few.

To everyone complaining that they bought the game plus extra points to upgrade planes and the game doesn't work good enough, go find the fundraising thread I started and Calvin helped me with. Myself and multiple other players have paid for points that we didn't need, just to support the game and I for one haven't felt the need to "provoke"Z to get a reaction and there were plenty of others that donated $20+ that I haven't seen one complaint from. Its seems to me that if you don't like the game you shouldn't play it, but don't try to "provoke" a reaction from Z. What are you trying to make him drop this project? There are plenty of us who like the game, even with the flaws.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56492

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
I already said that I would take a break on this forum for a while, but I will answer you once more because of the e-mail notifictions I received. So, lets go:

No, Jacob, I don't have the pretension to make Z spend his valuable and profitable time replying e-mails and posts. I just want him to do (just once) the same thing I already did: recognize that part of what he said is not right. I just want him to recognize that he didn't act like a professional treating me, a consumer, with cynicism, irony and in a disrespectful manner. I initially felt personally offended by him - but now I don't mind at all, I don't care anymore, just ignore my last request: I decided to give a break on all this game/forum stuff for a while after all.
About "not provoking" because some of you like the game, remember that I like this game too, but I can't stand such a non-professional behavior from a software developer and seller!!!!
Anyway, my initial goal was accomplish: I am quite sure that you will see Z's posts in a more regular basis from now on.
Again, Merry Christmas to all of you. And hope that next year, when I come back to see how things are going, this game is better.

I took the RED PILL!

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56494

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
PED..STICK AROUND! YOU are an asset. This is the way to learn how to conduct your business. I do get great response, possibly because I've been here for a long time. Possibly because I respect what he is trying to do & I try to let him know that I do, and rather than just complain I tried to offer solutions.

To everyone else....You will never get anywhere unless you tickle the lion.
Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56501

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
Guys maybe for now at lest enough is enough? Lets give Mr Z time to enjoy his holidays just we enjoy ours.
He said hes working on the game an the fact there are updates (good or bad) should prove that, so everbody take
a chill pill and relax enjoy the holiday and the game. Doctors orders! B)
I could care....But I dont

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56504

• Black Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 453

Dr Dave wrote: Guys maybe for now at lest enough is enough? Lets give Mr Z time to enjoy his holidays just we enjoy ours.
He said hes working on the game an the fact there are updates (good or bad) should prove that, so everbody take
a chill pill and relax enjoy the holiday and the game. Doctors orders! B)

Agreed.

Will Rogers once said, "If you find your self in a hole, stop digging."
Last edit: by Black Flag.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56512

• Fela ~ ~ ~bad
  • Thank you received: 67
Hi guys. Just a few words from me. THANK YOU ZUPERMAN for your reply. With your communication and explanation you has give us some type of update of what is really happening here. That was what a lot of people for weeks was waiting for you. We now understand you. Try you now to understand us. We like this game and we just want to play ,if possible, in a flawless way. Even that idea of a type of boycott was aimed just to call you and to hear from you about the problems of the game. With your comunication that idea desappeared ,because our real intention is just to play your game. Peace to all...
The following user(s) said Thank You: salento

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56523

• salento
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 60

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: PED..STICK AROUND! YOU are an asset. This is the way to learn how to conduct your business. I do get great response, possibly because I've been here for a long time. Possibly because I respect what he is trying to do & I try to let him know that I do, and rather than just complain I tried to offer solutions.

To everyone else....You will never get anywhere unless you tickle the lion.

i now that all that zuperman did say, was supertrue.
I hope if we have some good programers out there, or some won who now much about computers can help him.
Dogfight is the best game you can get on iphone or android, and to make a game like that you must be pro.
Last edit: by salento.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56543

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

thenightmaresbegi wrote: Whoah, way, whoah, whoah. You guys, Dogfight is just a game. You guys must be really obsessed with this game if your gonna put so much thought into what I've seen on this thread so far. Can't you at least let Zup catch his breathe and take it easy? Sheesh. You guys expect to much out of Zup. He must be in a tight position right now; seeing all this nonesense about boycotting. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves...

Dude, calm down.
I don't think it's at the point where we should be ashamed of ourselves.

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56544

• The striker16
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I have no idea what to put here
  • Thank you received: 445
U guys say there r updates i haven't had any on my i pod.
And I agree let zup have fun and be with his family.
My game works fine no problems except some minor lag when low wifi but that's it.
To fix this problem all u guys go by I pods so ud stop complaining.
Official Prodigy Math Officer

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56547

• Big Tex
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Y'all come by for some BBQ...
  • Thank you received: 898
Not going to wade into this mess, but I am willing to pay a recurring monthly fee for this game. Sheesh, I probably would fork over $50/month gladly - much less than my gym membership, what I pay for coffee or gas to fuel the buggy...

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56553

• Makaela
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I just gotta say when I was reading this I was getting pretty mad, REALLY u guys wanted to give this game bad reviews?? Most of the time I hate when people are like "oh I've played this longer than you and I know more than you blah blah blah" but its really annoying that some of you who have only played this game for a few months or a year are saying stuff about giving the game lower reviews just because you don't get what you want right when u ask! Zuperman has been working on this game for so long and has ALWAYS been fast with update and had updates more than once a month for the most part, he helped start the community we have here and he has always been patient with our complaining or stupidity, but then you all go off and repay him like THIS, if your so mad I HOPE you stop playing because I would rather you not be here if you are talking like that! You don't know what the heck your talking about! There is NO reason to give this game bad reviews that is one of the dumbest things I've heard on this forum.

I'm sorry if it seems like the little I've been posting on the forum lately has all been bad, I'm just not the type of person who talks unless I feel like its important, and I feel like this is important.
Don't ever quit.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56555

• Makaela
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Makaela wrote: I just gotta say when I was reading this I was getting pretty mad, REALLY u guys wanted to give this game bad reviews?? Most of the time I hate when people are like "oh I've played this longer than you and I know more than you blah blah blah" but its really annoying that some of you who have only played this game for a few months or a year are saying stuff about giving the game lower reviews just because you don't get what you want right when u ask! Zuperman has been working on this game for so long and has ALWAYS been fast with update and had updates more than once a month for the most part, he helped start the community we have here and he has always been patient with our complaining or stupidity, but then you all go off and repay him like THIS, if your so mad I HOPE you stop playing because I would rather you not be here if you are talking like that! You don't know what the heck your talking about! There is NO reason to give this game bad reviews that is one of the dumbest things I've heard on this forum.

I'm sorry if it seems like the little I've been posting on the forum lately has all been bad, I'm just not the type of person who talks unless I feel like its important, and I feel like this is important.

And to ped, I don't mean this in a rude way but part of the reason joaquin is such a great developer for this game is that he is a part of it he isn't just the developer he also plays it and he isn't always super professional but this game wouldn't be as great as it is if he was. He is part of the community, and I think how he has responded is fair.
Don't ever quit.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56566

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
All of you idiots that are still going and saying that oh we should not be ashamed we got what we wanted by making z reply and blah blah blah need to just quit and leave. You sicken me to the point of going hunting you down and barfing on you over and over. From you post i found no intent of you wanting him to just post i found you wanted to him update the game and post at that very second. Wont get anywhere with out tickling the lion. From what i think you tickle the lion and piss it off you get eaten and then the zoo kills the lion. I seem to have been getting places by emailing z the problems of the game. I have found i email him a problem he send a replay saying he will work on it. Next update it is fixed. If i see any of you who still think you were in the right for that stupid crap you pulled I am going to just forget the game and dedicate my time to shooting your sorry ass down over and over and over. I have a lot more i could say to some of you jack wagons but i believe slender will not approve. You jack wagons better go put me on the black list because if your on my team I am not going to give a bull for it.

Now were is my hot chocolate so i can watch you scum bags beg slender to ban me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]coop, bomer1
Last edit: by SkyDavis.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56569

• Makaela
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Skydavis1 wrote: All of you idiots that are still going and saying that oh we should not be ashamed we got what we wanted by making z reply and blah blah blah need to just quit and leave. You sicken me to the point of going hunting you down and barfing on you over and over. From you post i found no intent of you wanting him to just post i found you wanted to him update the game and post at that very second. Wont get anywhere with out tickling the lion. From what i think you tickle the lion and piss it off you get eaten and then the zoo kills the lion. I seem to have been getting places by emailing z the problems of the game. I have found i email him a problem he send a replay saying he will work on it. Next update it is fixed. If i see any of you who still think you were in the right for that stupid crap you pulled I am going to just forget the game and dedicate my time to shooting your sorry ass down over and over and over. I have a lot more i could say to some of you jack wagons but i believe slender will not approve. You jack wagons better go put me on the black list because if your on my team I am not going to give a bull for it.

Now were is my hot chocolate so i can watch you scum bags beg slender to ban me.

I have hot chocolate too! Lol sry had to
Don't ever quit.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56570

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
I drank hot chocolate once... I couldn't taste anything for a couple hours cause it was too hot. :S

Don't ruin your hot chocolate with flames...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Makaela

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56571

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
How sad seeing some of you turning what could be a mature discussion into a teenagers flame war...
I am away from a computer now, cant type too much on phone, but tomorrow I will try to bring some peace to this forum, because I take my responsabilities. Peace for All, and good night. And lets try to have fun.

I took the RED PILL!

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56572

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
Saying you were in the right and zupermans post was just wrong is not morale. You do not work to make some one mad just so they will talk to you. It is way wrong. Its like going and punching a kid just to make him do something for your entertainment. Get your morales straight because for adults you acted very childish.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56574

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Is my English that bad?!?!?
Geezzz...
Tomorrow I will try to bring some peace.
Meanwhile, try to read my posts again...
See you tomorrow. Now over. Really.

I took the RED PILL!

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56575

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
I will put it in simple words for you. I am going to act childish to you because you are being childish by what you did in the first place and second of all by what you are doing saying you are sorry for some things but then saying in other words but i am not really sorry because I got what i wanted by making z speak. I would rather you have gone and not said something as mean as you said to z and not have gotten a response from z. Now as I am not going to stop acting like a child and treating you like a child till you go and say I am sorry for all that crap I flung at you Z and I am sorry for calling you unprofessional for using irony. Until then I will treat and act like a child around you. As my parents say treat a child like a child. So grow up and admit you were wrong and were cruel with you post. You do that and i will grow up as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Makaela

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56577

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
Everyone just needs to calm down! Go do something else, get away from this thread!

I will be sending a request to Slenderman to lock this thread. Better safe then sorry.

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56578

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Thanks again for working so hard, Joaquin. MOST of us really appreciate it.

Question: Do you sell stock in Echoboom? Read through the MOM thread, lots of them have the money, and I'm sure they'd be happy to invest. I believe it was Flying Muck who first said that if you need money that badly to keep the game running, you should ask us.
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Tex

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56580

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad

[e]Sputnik wrote: Everyone just needs to calm down! Go do something else, get away from this thread!

I will be sending a request to Slenderman to lock this thread. Better safe then sorry.

Yea close this thread before i lose it completely.

Are we abandoned????? 11 years 5 months ago #56581

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Ped, i am not disappointed in u. And ur english is great. Better than mine even though i am american. What makes me mad is the bad reviews. If the game is so bad then leave. I have had probelms too and i mentioned them once but there is no need to keep mentioning them again and again. And the lion u spoke of would tear u to pieces and eat u.

Love how u say whatever u want sky, u called him out because he was wrong in a blink. I use to do that got suspended and never did that again
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000
Last edit: by bomer1.
Time to create page: 0.696 seconds