Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369607

• OUTLAW-WAR-
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 184
Yes it is hard to see, the size is ok but I think any dark color will be hard to see.....yellow or white or even a florecent green would be awesome. Having different sight options would be awesome too, even if they had to be purchased to upgrade different colors and styles because each player is going to have their own prefference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369610

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4922

Yes it is hard to see, the size is ok but I think any dark color will be hard to see.....yellow or white or even a florecent green would be awesome. Having different sight options would be awesome too, even if they had to be purchased to upgrade different colors and styles because each player is going to have their own prefference.

I agree. A couple options that could be purchased is a great idea
The following user(s) said Thank You: OUTLAW-WAR-

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369613

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6546

Not a bad idea

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OUTLAW-WAR-

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369614

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6546
On the twitter feed it says that an auto translate has been added to all comms in the game. Does that mean the in game voice?

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369615

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9526

I second grandpappy regarding target color. It mixes with red bracket of enemy plane. Kindly chage color of either one and nake target color more bolder.

Zup I'm adding three screenshots of target circle merging with players name or color. Try to locate the target circle and if you can't try to enlarge the view to see it.

Imagine the condition in full motion game, especially with speedster(s) WWII planes, as there are only screenshots. It's really make me like colorblind and it will be going more tough for players above 50+. Most of the time I was shooting elsewhere in close combat fights as I'm unable to locate aiming area.

Please do consider this is next update if you think it's genuine request.

Secondly, sometimes speaker icon doesn't appear at all. Not always but around 40% times.

I'm on Windows 10 PC, using windows Store and on latest DF elite update

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369624

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5494
my plane seems to get blown sideways backwards in the wind just eneded up in the hangar had to auto destroy to get out of it in meantime lost two hangars

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369635

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3385
Hey zup I think the squad chat are screwed up I talked to Ace Girl and she say the same thing here are the pictures

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369640

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3278
I play on a windows tablet with the fire button on the right.
Now the throttle and brake swap sides. No problem, except that the touch point for the brake didn't move with the button, its still where it use to be on the left.

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369658

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4922
Windows 10 Toshiba Sat Laptop.

If you try and open a practice mission to practice with new scope, game locks up and needs to be closed and reopened to play.

The Windows store app has extremely smooth fluent flight and movements. That said hits are not registering accurate or consistant. Head on shots wont register till close enough that crash is inevitable. Leading planes seems fine when shooting from a higher elevation then opponent. But when in a cross fire situation, seems varied when you will register hits. Could be lag but not sure.

Steam has not updated sites as yet. Still red scope. Plane and screen rate is far more jumpy. Plane seems faster as well in turn fight. This is the strange part. Kill rate is much higher then windows even though the play much more jumpy and ragged. Kills as in taking down the opponent.

Biggest bug seems to be chasing a german plane into your base. German Plane is not registering hits even if you have hiim dead to rights. I have seen other players have the same experience.

All in all great work Zup. I thought I should bring these issues concerning different platforms as accurately and unbiased as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter, Dogfight Dix, OUTLAW-WAR-

Last edit: by Cypher7{WP}.

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369659

• OUTLAW-WAR-
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Yup Cypher, I experienced the same thing today when chasing a german plane into base and I too saw others having issues. I almost have to put the blame on lag though because there are a few certain players who lag, skip and disapear every single day and they know that no one can hit them because evryday the blue team informs them. I also want to say lag because the very same players were next in allied planes and the same thing happened with same players......anyone else other than the laggers I have no problem with bullets registering. Guess there isnt much anyone can do bout someone elses connection or lag issues so I just take it for what it is. .If anyone tells me im skipping i exit the game and reboot my device and router, clear the cache or make sure there are no background apps constantly runnin then i return to the game, i see many others do the same or they just quit and come back later. There are also features that you can turn on or off in your developer options on phones and tablets to maximize gaming, i kno every and every android has these options and to unlock them open the system settings, then scroll down to where it says about phone and open it, then go down to where it says Build Number and tap it as fast as you can for a couple seconds and you will get a notification that your developer options are unlocked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369660

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life member DAV / AIRBORNE All The Way
  • Thank you received: 763
Shooting is tarfu
Also,btc mission said i bombed carrier and i was barely halfway to it,happened several times,too bad not for hangars lol
Lag is horrible

Fun and interest fading fast cant wait for spring to arrive

Still hate wwi n wwii mix, ive been flying all of my planes some and those expensive wwii planes are useless now, would never have got them had i known how that was going to play out

Samsung galaxy tab a, android 7.1, google play store

Last edit: by Sharp Shooter.

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369662

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 12154

On the twitter feed it says that an auto translate has been added to all comms in the game. Does that mean the in game voice?

no, no automatic translation inline voice but that's easy to solve on mobile: instead of speaking, press like you are going to type, then use the microphone on the phone keyboard. The phone will automatically convert to text your voice... send it. The server will translate that text to everyone.

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369663

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

I play on a windows tablet with the fire button on the right.
Now the throttle and brake swap sides. No problem, except that the touch point for the brake didn't move with the button, its still where it use to be on the left.

you can swap the controls on settings/graphics

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369664

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Yup Cypher, I experienced the same thing today when chasing a german plane into base and I too saw others having issues. I almost have to put the blame on lag though because there are a few certain players who lag, skip and disapear every single day and they know that no one can hit them because evryday the blue team informs them. I also want to say lag because the very same players were next in allied planes and the same thing happened with same players......anyone else other than the laggers I have no problem with bullets registering. Guess there isnt much anyone can do bout someone elses connection or lag issues so I just take it for what it is. .If anyone tells me im skipping i exit the game and reboot my device and router, clear the cache or make sure there are no background apps constantly runnin then i return to the game, i see many others do the same or they just quit and come back later. There are also features that you can turn on or off in your developer options on phones and tablets to maximize gaming, i kno every and every android has these options and to unlock them open the system settings, then scroll down to where it says about phone and open it, then go down to where it says Build Number and tap it as fast as you can for a couple seconds and you will get a notification that your developer options are unlocked.

Lag is not solved by a reboot unless your machine is downloading some stuff or has a virus and the reboot somehow kills it. Lag is just connection speed BETWEEN 2 points. When people complain that people is lagging and the other person knows it and taking advantage of it, they fail to understand the basic concept of what lag is. To the other person YOU are lagging and YOU are taking advantage of it. You see, if you see the other guy jumping like crazy, 99% chances he sees you the same way.
Lag is like if you are in USA and the other guy is in Australia. And then you tell the guy in Australia: I'm closer to you than you to me! Stop taking advantage! The guy in Australia will reply: I'm fine, why are you so far away from me? I'm so much closer!
(insert batman meme here slapping robin)
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, Cypher7{WP}, OUTLAW-WAR-

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369665

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
On the latest release there was a bug that would lock the game if you play the practice mission. It's fixed and sent to android/kindle. I'm sending it to Windows Store and then i'm uploading to all other platforms.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}, OUTLAW-WAR-

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369669

• Dogfight Dix
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Pull my finger !
  • Thank you received: 461
Zup
Im on pc too... and the settings cant be correct... feels like shooting part is totaly off sync
Cypher wrote:
"The Windows store app has extremely smooth fluent flight and movements. That said hits are not registering accurate or consistant. Head on shots wont register till close enough that crash is inevitable. Leading planes seems fine when shooting from a higher elevation then opponent. But when in a cross fire situation, seems varied when you will register hits. Could be lag but not sure."
Agree on that cypher

It seems to be something with the hitting points like bullets dont register when hitting the plane... and if shooting on distance in an angle its impossible to calculate were to aim infront of the plane... its more like aim directly at the plane not need to calculate the time bullet have to travel true the space before impact... its like the distance between planes dont excist.
The bullet trace are more stright dont bend anymore and seems to fade away its like to have a long stick infront of the plane and try to hit the target with the top...

Feels like you are trying to lance your opponent ... or catch a fly buzzing around with a tweezer
THE MOTHERS helping hand, always there for you.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Dogfight Dix.

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369670

• OUTLAW-WAR-
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Ah ok....I understamd, I kinda knew what is behind the cause of lag....I was just mentioning things that seemed to help or make a difference in game play whether it be connection issue or a device issue. Maybe no one actualy takes advantage of having the ability to be invisible and bullet proof, it just seems to be in the laggers favor especialy when im behind them and in good position to shoot and they disapear, 5 sec. later they reapear behind me and shoot mw down, its also easy to assume theyve crashed when they diapear so after looking around and not seeing them I move on to their base or carrier and the next thing ya kno they won the game because theyve manage to get by the enemy unseen - . And he may see me the same way i see him but that is also is in their favor because they know that when they cant see any other players that they are invisible and as long as the lagger can stiil see the map he can stil bomb hangers and carriers and can stil pick up a flag.
Realy isnt an issue with me , i experience the bare minimum of lag. I just know that lag is everyones worst enemy right now and I see alot of posts asking exaxty what causes or whatcan be done to help. Thanx for expalining a little bit bout what to deos cause it.

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369673

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 16974

Lag is not solved by a reboot unless your machine is downloading some stuff or has a virus and the reboot somehow kills it. Lag is just connection speed BETWEEN 2 points. When people complain that people is lagging and the other person knows it and taking advantage of it, they fail to understand the basic concept of what lag is. To the other person YOU are lagging and YOU are taking advantage of it. You see, if you see the other guy jumping like crazy, 99% chances he sees you the same way.
Lag is like if you are in USA and the other guy is in Australia. And then you tell the guy in Australia: I'm closer to you than you to me! Stop taking advantage! The guy in Australia will reply: I'm fine, why are you so far away from me? I'm so much closer!

:P

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369709

• SCAMPERS REVENGE
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Went to practice missions to try to get used to new site, can't click on mission and got stuck there. Don't know if anyone has reported it yet , if so then never mind! Windows10

Last edit: by SCAMPERS REVENGE.

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369718

• Bingo
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • If at First you don't Succeed, Give Up!
  • Thank you received: 440

What do you say If the guy in Australia says "I sell tampons for a living, I never lag"
(Insert meme of Most Uninteresting Man in the World. ( re: Biggest Bullshitter in Dogfight))

Lag is game ruining, separate servers or separate platforms!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, OUTLAW-WAR-

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369734

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
On .85 android update bomb carrier mission couple days now when a team member bombs carrier everyone gets t9ld they bombed it and quick win. I had 3 sharpshooter bombed the carrier and never dropped it yet plus only had one to drop

Also on ctc missions when respawning get swept sideways still

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369736

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Train mission has train going in circles at origin and sometimes at first tunnel entrance after being hard to find. Shooting and bombing does damage. One game it was also being shot at end by bridge by teamate while i was shooting it going in circles at other end. android 7.1,samsung galaxy tab a,google store

Lone player has a screen shot on forum,gossip,re: zup train

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369738

• OUTLAW-WAR-
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Yep, hit it with three bombs at 100% and destroyed it. I tried blowing the the bridge also before it could cross and the bridge collapsed but the tracks stayed intact.

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369741

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yep, hit it with three bombs at 100% and destroyed it. I tried blowing the the bridge also before it could cross and the bridge collapsed but the tracks stayed intact.

Lol i tried bridge also track stayed but base went,thats strong steel lol

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369774

• OUTLAW-WAR-
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Well I never said that rebooting a device will fix lag, but if there are background apps and processes running rebooting a device can be brought back up to speed by rebooting which will help reduce lag....Im not a PC player but lag isnt limited to just connection, though you are right about the lagger seeing me as I see them. However, the lagger would be a fool to think I was taking advantage when he is the one that bullet proof and disapears for half the distance between bases, only a fool would think im taking advantage when 10 hits register on screen and they thrn around and stil shoot me down! Lol.. It is what it is, i have fun regardless and as long as there are little things i can do to my device to help minimize lag then thats fine, the game play is smooth on my end ,its just the enemy disapearing act that is annoying. For any Android users, i heard that an app in the play store called LagFix that is a good place to start with getting your device up to speed for online gaming. ( insert meme here robin slapping batman back)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Cypher7{WP}

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369784

• Jasta1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • To Hell and Back!
  • Thank you received: 1213
Thx very much for the super duper Translator ZuP.
Amazing Job!! Dont know how we survived all the years.

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369879

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'm getting the countdown from the carrier game while I'm flying then in mid air the plane crashes when the timer runs out the lag is also awful I got a 500 mbs down and 22 up why is this happening it doesn't seem right?

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369881

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
3 games and my points have never changed they are stuck

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369886

• OUTLAW-WAR-
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hey Zup, been in 3 train missions today that had no train. There were several players that searched up and down the track and forsure wasnt there. Everybody continued on in a dogfight and when one person reached 10 kills it said we won....the other two times there was only a couple players and we exited so didnt get to try the 10 kill thing again...
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}

Throw me all those bugs 3 years 11 months ago #369899

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
yeah trying to figure out what's going on with the train. So far I haven't succeeded

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds