Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369486

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034

zuperman wrote: the chat language is always either on your device settings or your game settings. And of course, if people is speaking Spanish on voice chat.. they speak in Spanish. Like charli8 and some others that only speak in Spanish. And if they speak in german... it sounds german. I haven't created an instant any-language-to-your-language translation yet.

Hahaha!! good one!!
I'd like to think you got my point tho... as much as I like playing against them, it does seem like it is a long ways away from the server for one or the other of us... that'd account for them disappearing and reappearing somewhere else all the time... am I lagging or are they??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369487

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
you are lagging and he is lagging. It's all relative to the point of view. If you are in the usa and he is in china... who is farther from the other? To him, you are lagging. To you, he is lagging.
The only solution is to put people on the same geographical area on the same server. I've explained this a few dozen times. Problem with this: you won't see or compete with lot of friends in here ever again because you won't ever cross ways. And I need to pay for more servers with money that i don't have. So... one server for now and everyone in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369501

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788
In capture the flag mission, there is a bug
I was flying Allied plane and a German tank taken our flag. When I shot down the tank, the flag, instead of returning to our base, got attached to that German player plane on re-spawning.

Windows 10 PC, Windows store, Game version 1.0.82, Windows store version1.1.88.0

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369503

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Dog 10 wrote: i have 17 inch screen and a desent grafic card geforce gtx760 m... the targets are very tiny and when uproaching them head to head. In ww1 planes the haircross is to big for its purpose.. more a hinder to shoot at plane than a help, mouth flare fills up the entire center of the crosshair, when shooting you cant trace were the bullets really goes , please make the haircross a bit smaller and do something about the flare, so it not obscures the target, it´s actually hard to see the plane you shooting at...

and i even should appriciate if you made the tracers not fade away as fast they actually do on this version... trying to shoot in angles its hardly possible ...

what plane are you using? I've tried a few and i don't see any flare so far

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369504

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
In capture the Carrier mission, there is a bug/game version issue
Some players gets soldier mode when killed on their carrier. It may be Bug or game version difference. Kindly check at your end.

Windows 10 PC, Windows store, Game version 1.0.82, Windows store version1.1.88.0

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369506

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
i'll check the flare. The bigger/smaller target thing... i didn't change a bit on that so it is not possible. The bullets are different because unity changed how it renders them.

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369518

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life member DAV / AIRBORNE All The Way
  • Thank you received: 763

Hey zup. I updated my tablet to 1.0.83 in google play store on my samsung galaxy tab a,and4oid 7.1

Played a few games and seems to run well so far. Fyi, brake still doesnt appear to work and i like the smaller aiming sight but being black it vanishes easy depending on background, check it out,maybe change color or highlight in some way.

Protect bomber mission when bomber goes down and ypu are shooting from it you cant exit,it freezes trying move gun makes big brown smudge lol,dont know how to do screen shot will try

Last edit: by Sharp Shooter.

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369522

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Joaquín la mira es muy pequeña,estaba mejor la del clásico.ten en cuenta que no todos tenemos ya la misma vista uff.Debería poder haber en configuraciones varias opciones para elegir,y también cabinas y carlingas , igual que ahora los aviones tienen diferentes formas de disparo según el avion que pilotes,pues que haya también esas opciones.Ya que cada piloto dispara de una manera ,no ve igual y usa diferente dispositivo un saludo.
Por cierto genial las bombas para el tren.

Sobre todo de lejos y al intentar fijar a los.aviones que van más bajo.El contraste del enemigo sobre el verde de la pradera y la opción de la mira reducida es muy incómodo tapa todo el objetivo y y a poco se mueva ya no ves su avión y pierdes la fijación para disparar con garantías. (No se dispara nada bien con ella probé con varios modelos)
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, Kaco.

Last edit: by baron rojo.

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369526

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1.0.83 thru google play store on samsung galaxy tab a, android version 7.1

Been working good so far. I like the smaller sight but maybe outline it with white like you did one time on another update. Train mission is great addition. Touch of lag,the jump around vanish n reappear kind,just in a few games. Only had update about 8 hrs or so.

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369533

• Raz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I'm not as dumb as you look...
  • Thank you received: 1056
Back after a 2 month break from the game, like the little changes Zup made up to now...... but just had a game or 2, and the skipping and vanishing of players with poor internet is terrible, thing is, these players think they are amazing at the game, truth is they are not, as I said skipping, vanishing, no hits register because of the lagging they produce. So is there anyway possible there could be a minimum set internet speed needed introduced to play the game, thus barring the McDonald's internet squad... or would that rid you of half your players. just an honest question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter

Last edit: by Raz.

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369537

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Just got the update to .83. The red sight is much better i think than the black,played couple games all okay so far
Samsung galaxy tab a, android 7.1,google playstore

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369546

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

The black to red on .83 update helped some but that small sight is very difficult to keep up with, its more tracer aiming than gunsight

Vanish n reapper lag is bad today anyway, seems when u pull trigger on a red the jumping is worse hard to tell yet. We can both be flying smooth, shoot n they reappear somewhere else
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, nebular

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369549

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yuo the red after using is not really better than the black. A gunsight is fairly prominent on guns zup,your supposed to see them. Been flying right through planes and right behind and no hits register u can c them going to target. And some planes only need one hit to bring u down. Planes vanishing n reappearing everywhere
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369582

• Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 464

Zup I like all the new features except the new gun sight.
The red being the same color as the enemy makes it disappear into the enemy's name.
It is so small, I could not find it at first on android phone, and even on windows 10" tablet, very hard for my old eyes to see.
It does need to be bigger, brighter and maybe a bright green like some of the text describing game progress on the screen.
hopefully you will agree.
other than that, great job on making DFE the best game!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Cypher7{WP}, OUTLAW_WAR

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369588

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
I second grandpappy regarding target color. It mixes with red bracket of enemy plane. Kindly chage color of either one and nake target color more bolder.

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369594

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

It was black and still hard to see

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 2 months ago #369610

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

OUTLAW-WAR- wrote: Yes it is hard to see, the size is ok but I think any dark color will be hard to see.....yellow or white or even a florecent green would be awesome. Having different sight options would be awesome too, even if they had to be purchased to upgrade different colors and styles because each player is going to have their own prefference.

I agree. A couple options that could be purchased is a great idea
The following user(s) said Thank You: OUTLAW_WAR

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369613

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558

OUTLAW-WAR- wrote: Yes it is hard to see, the size is ok but I think any dark color will be hard to see.....yellow or white or even a florecent green would be awesome. Having different sight options would be awesome too, even if they had to be purchased to upgrade different colors and styles because each player is going to have their own prefference.

Not a bad idea

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OUTLAW_WAR

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369614

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
On the twitter feed it says that an auto translate has been added to all comms in the game. Does that mean the in game voice?

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369615

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote: I second grandpappy regarding target color. It mixes with red bracket of enemy plane. Kindly chage color of either one and nake target color more bolder.

Zup I'm adding three screenshots of target circle merging with players name or color. Try to locate the target circle and if you can't try to enlarge the view to see it.

Imagine the condition in full motion game, especially with speedster(s) WWII planes, as there are only screenshots. It's really make me like colorblind and it will be going more tough for players above 50+. Most of the time I was shooting elsewhere in close combat fights as I'm unable to locate aiming area.

Please do consider this is next update if you think it's genuine request.

Secondly, sometimes speaker icon doesn't appear at all. Not always but around 40% times.

I'm on Windows 10 PC, using windows Store and on latest DF elite update

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369624

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
my plane seems to get blown sideways backwards in the wind just eneded up in the hangar had to auto destroy to get out of it in meantime lost two hangars

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369635

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3775
Hey zup I think the squad chat are screwed up I talked to Ace Girl and she say the same thing here are the pictures

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369640

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
I play on a windows tablet with the fire button on the right.
Now the throttle and brake swap sides. No problem, except that the touch point for the brake didn't move with the button, its still where it use to be on the left.

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369658

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
Windows 10 Toshiba Sat Laptop.

If you try and open a practice mission to practice with new scope, game locks up and needs to be closed and reopened to play.

The Windows store app has extremely smooth fluent flight and movements. That said hits are not registering accurate or consistant. Head on shots wont register till close enough that crash is inevitable. Leading planes seems fine when shooting from a higher elevation then opponent. But when in a cross fire situation, seems varied when you will register hits. Could be lag but not sure.

Steam has not updated sites as yet. Still red scope. Plane and screen rate is far more jumpy. Plane seems faster as well in turn fight. This is the strange part. Kill rate is much higher then windows even though the play much more jumpy and ragged. Kills as in taking down the opponent.

Biggest bug seems to be chasing a german plane into your base. German Plane is not registering hits even if you have hiim dead to rights. I have seen other players have the same experience.

All in all great work Zup. I thought I should bring these issues concerning different platforms as accurately and unbiased as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter, Dogfight Dix, OUTLAW_WAR

Last edit: by Cypher7{WP}.

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369660

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Shooting is tarfu
Also,btc mission said i bombed carrier and i was barely halfway to it,happened several times,too bad not for hangars lol
Lag is horrible

Fun and interest fading fast cant wait for spring to arrive

Still hate wwi n wwii mix, ive been flying all of my planes some and those expensive wwii planes are useless now, would never have got them had i known how that was going to play out

Samsung galaxy tab a, android 7.1, google play store

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369662

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Mongo wrote: On the twitter feed it says that an auto translate has been added to all comms in the game. Does that mean the in game voice?

no, no automatic translation inline voice but that's easy to solve on mobile: instead of speaking, press like you are going to type, then use the microphone on the phone keyboard. The phone will automatically convert to text your voice... send it. The server will translate that text to everyone.

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369663

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Gannet wrote: I play on a windows tablet with the fire button on the right.
Now the throttle and brake swap sides. No problem, except that the touch point for the brake didn't move with the button, its still where it use to be on the left.

you can swap the controls on settings/graphics

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369664

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

OUTLAW-WAR- wrote: Yup Cypher, I experienced the same thing today when chasing a german plane into base and I too saw others having issues. I almost have to put the blame on lag though because there are a few certain players who lag, skip and disapear every single day and they know that no one can hit them because evryday the blue team informs them. I also want to say lag because the very same players were next in allied planes and the same thing happened with same players......anyone else other than the laggers I have no problem with bullets registering. Guess there isnt much anyone can do bout someone elses connection or lag issues so I just take it for what it is. .If anyone tells me im skipping i exit the game and reboot my device and router, clear the cache or make sure there are no background apps constantly runnin then i return to the game, i see many others do the same or they just quit and come back later. There are also features that you can turn on or off in your developer options on phones and tablets to maximize gaming, i kno every and every android has these options and to unlock them open the system settings, then scroll down to where it says about phone and open it, then go down to where it says Build Number and tap it as fast as you can for a couple seconds and you will get a notification that your developer options are unlocked.

Lag is not solved by a reboot unless your machine is downloading some stuff or has a virus and the reboot somehow kills it. Lag is just connection speed BETWEEN 2 points. When people complain that people is lagging and the other person knows it and taking advantage of it, they fail to understand the basic concept of what lag is. To the other person YOU are lagging and YOU are taking advantage of it. You see, if you see the other guy jumping like crazy, 99% chances he sees you the same way.
Lag is like if you are in USA and the other guy is in Australia. And then you tell the guy in Australia: I'm closer to you than you to me! Stop taking advantage! The guy in Australia will reply: I'm fine, why are you so far away from me? I'm so much closer!
(insert batman meme here slapping robin)
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, Cypher7{WP}, OUTLAW_WAR

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369665

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
On the latest release there was a bug that would lock the game if you play the practice mission. It's fixed and sent to android/kindle. I'm sending it to Windows Store and then i'm uploading to all other platforms.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}, OUTLAW_WAR

Throw me all those bugs 6 years 1 month ago #369673

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012

zuperman wrote:

OUTLAW-WAR- wrote: Yup Cypher, I experienced the same thing today when chasing a german plane into base and I too saw others having issues. I almost have to put the blame on lag though because there are a few certain players who lag, skip and disapear every single day and they know that no one can hit them because evryday the blue team informs them. I also want to say lag because the very same players were next in allied planes and the same thing happened with same players......anyone else other than the laggers I have no problem with bullets registering. Guess there isnt much anyone can do bout someone elses connection or lag issues so I just take it for what it is. .If anyone tells me im skipping i exit the game and reboot my device and router, clear the cache or make sure there are no background apps constantly runnin then i return to the game, i see many others do the same or they just quit and come back later. There are also features that you can turn on or off in your developer options on phones and tablets to maximize gaming, i kno every and every android has these options and to unlock them open the system settings, then scroll down to where it says about phone and open it, then go down to where it says Build Number and tap it as fast as you can for a couple seconds and you will get a notification that your developer options are unlocked.

Lag is not solved by a reboot unless your machine is downloading some stuff or has a virus and the reboot somehow kills it. Lag is just connection speed BETWEEN 2 points. When people complain that people is lagging and the other person knows it and taking advantage of it, they fail to understand the basic concept of what lag is. To the other person YOU are lagging and YOU are taking advantage of it. You see, if you see the other guy jumping like crazy, 99% chances he sees you the same way.
Lag is like if you are in USA and the other guy is in Australia. And then you tell the guy in Australia: I'm closer to you than you to me! Stop taking advantage! The guy in Australia will reply: I'm fine, why are you so far away from me? I'm so much closer!
(insert batman meme here slapping robin)

:P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}, OUTLAW_WAR

Time to create page: 0.960 seconds