Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #15983

• bomer1
  • bomer1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
They drop their bomb and make sure ur silver stars are upgraded to be gold.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #15986

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
Stuart, you're cursed. With both some glitches no one else has and terrible lag, heh.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #15992

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Yea. And u start to pick things up over time. observe other aces. I learned how to get off without getting spawn raped from dazzaw. I was spawn killing him and his plane ??? ?? ? ? ?? ? ?? Cant give out anymore secrets or I wont be able to spawn kill so easy.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16018

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Is dazzaw still here? Havent played him recently.

Yeah, ask for help and observe. Anything creative helps, but you cant really get creative in headon, only evasive, chasing, etc.

With no bomb, your INSANELY manuverable, and incredably fast. Its too sensotive for me, i cant fly that way, and almost never drop my bomb unless im turning with someone i KNOW will beat me.

Speaking of speed, whats the highest youve ever gotten? I got to 220 last night. B)
See you in the skies!

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16021

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Well, I don't remember exactly but well over 200. Fast enough that when I dropped my bomb -- I was flying much faster than it and as a result when I slowed down, the bomb came crashing into my tail and killing myself.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16024

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol, i bombed myself last night when i was seeing if i could kill upside down and forgot that the bomb would kill me. Took out a few guys, the i killed myself. :P

Howd u do it? I bounced off the cieling to get to 220-230.
See you in the skies!

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16039

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203
Fastest I've ever gotten is about 180 in both a Nieport and Albatros.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16041

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Fly up to 4000', bounce off the cieling. Thats how to do it. :)

Btw, why were u leaving and joining that game just now?
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flymagic

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16045

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: Fly up to 4000', bounce off the cieling. Thats how to do it. :)

Btw, why were u leaving and joining that game just now?

Controls stuck, and kept crashing.

Top speed is top speed, even in a steep dive from > 3000 ft. with bomb or without. Limitation of plane.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16051

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Theres ways to get past The top speed tho. Top speed is measured with a bomb, i beleive that without a bomb, all planes are the same. If u go to 4000' (give or take), you hit the cieling, and you bounce down at 200+ knots. Without a bomb, flying flat, you go roughly 160 knots. With a bomb, u can go anywhere from 115-something. I dont have the top planes yet. Slenderman can give a number. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16058

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
I hagotton like between210-220 in close combat.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16059

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bomer1 wrote: I hagotton like between210-220 in close combat.

And *that's* one of the reasons I never engage you. I can't see your plane from a distance, and I can't keep from getting clobbered in close combat. I had no idea your speed advantage was so dramatic...no wonder I never live beyond 5 seconds or so.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16070

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162

bomer1 wrote: I hagotton like between210-220 in close combat.

I quote from "Dicta Boelcke" 1,1:

Speed: the pilot with the faster of two machines has control over the combat. He has the choice to break off combat and retire. The slower machine can not catch him. The pilot of a slower machine must stay on the defense. He can not run to safety. A fast moving aircraft can perform elaborate maneuvers, giving its pilot many options.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16075

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

Stuart wrote: Slenderman:

I am not sure u are correct that I have problems that no one else has. Everyone complains about the speed of the enemy planes when playing the game. Their planes are much faster. I have never played as an enemy, always played Blue, given that they can just outrun us (Blue) gives them a real advantage.

I have mentioned several times that my iPad is 3G, and I use AT&T, and don't lose communication as much as I did when I was using wi fi. So some of the speed factor may be the 3g as opposed to using 4g, I don't know.

Stuart

On the contrary, I'm correct. By stating you're cursed I mean you exclusively. Since you are having problems no one else has.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16077

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I quote an old message from the string "how high have you been", just to show you the reading of the airspeed indicator.

veidar2 wrote: I enclose a picture from up high, with the bomb falling much, much slower than what I did when I pointed the nose of the plane downwards. I dropped at a speed that I have never seen before. When dive bombing, even from 1000ft or more, I have seldom been much over 180fps.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16080

• joshstewart
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 84
Stuart just wanted to let u know when u play everyone always sees himself as blue and the team as blue the opposingteam is seen as red so you can distinguish between you and enemy I assure u when I'm up agent u I see you as a red just wanted to let you know ;) and slender man is probably right it happens to me sometimes when I have a bad network connection

The official 111th Falcon Squadron Website:http://falcon.spruz.com/
quam multa de eis potest nos mori
(how many of them can we make die)

Last edit: by joshstewart.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16091

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ok, plur, u will NEVER get any better fighting noobs. It just wont happen. Send me a message with times u can be on, and i will meet and help u practice.

Veidar, ive gotta say, there are things i can do in slow planes i cant in fast ones. If im turning and i get behind someone, i slow myself down to just above their speed and follow them, and when im RIGHT behind them, i dipatch them before they know theyre being shot. Of course, that means they abandoned the fight and are running, and dnt look around, but it works a suprising amount of the time.

Wumper, EVERYONE IS BLUE. Your enemies are red. Always. They dont have a speed advantage unless they have a better plane or no bomb, its just impossible. The problem is simple. Your going 120 knots at them, and theyre going 120 at you. It seems like your going 240 knots, and the enemy isnt moving at all.
See you in the skies!

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16122

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: Ok, plur, u will NEVER get any better fighting noobs. It just wont happen. Send me a message with times u can be on, and i will meet and help u practice.

I generally don't fight noobs either. Generally avoid games where shooting is the only thing going on, since I can't see enemy planes until they're almost on top of me. Prefer targets I *can* see, like carriers. :)

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16140

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
As for blue and red, you will ALWAYS be blue. The other team sees themselves as blue, and u as red.

While it is technically possIble to hack your router to vary internet speed to avoid getting shot, i HIGHLY doubt that anyone would go to that trouble. I assure you, its random, and if you could see these peope better at a distance, uoud see itprobably happened then too. Also, the lag could be on your end. If you dont have good enough internet speed, then EVERYONE is laggy to you.

Planes flying by you at extreme speeds, hmmm.... What did they do before that? If they had no bomb and they just came out of a dive, theres your answer. Gravity is screwing you over. :P :)

If u dont have a bomb and cant catch anyone WITH a bomb, then its your internet speed.
See you in the skies!

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16204

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62

Stuart wrote: ...
When flying straight at another plane, firing, the red plane jumped off to the side. Then as my cousin redirected his fire at the same plane, it jumped to the other side. The plane, then disappeared and reappeared off to the other side. When he started to shot at him again, it disappeared completely.

As for the speed, they all experienced the red planes flying by us and by us at a tremendous rate of speed. It was as if we were standing still.

I have dropped my bombs and chased enemy planes and never have been able to get behind them. I think I am flying the fastest planes available to us. But I have never caught one red plane, or been behind one capable enough to shot it down.

First, I have no real knowledge of how the game is programmed, so the following while probable is still speculation:

Plane positions on the screen are affected both by the up and down links to the central server which I assume is where the decision logic is based on calculating hits etc. and fanning out the position/status info to all clients attached. Apparent lag, jumping positions, etc can be caused by the up-link of the plane reporting its position, processing delays on the server, and then the down link to your client on your device. Any delays and/or lost packets of information will result in errors in positioning data and jumping on the screen.
Most internet based connection communications have asymmetric paths in terms of bandwidth and up / down speed -
I had to go to a much better communication path for the game to work at home and also a new router - I dropped my cable connection that was only 500k uplink to one that is fairly symmetrical 10mb+ both ways. While my new connection allowed me to play the game, there are still a multitude of reporting errors and dropped packets that may make a plane jump position, appear & disappear, etc. Considering it is a world wide game I find it amazing how well it functions!

As a side note, even though you have subscribed to a high speed link, the actual BW may vary greatly depending on both the time of day (loading on the server path) - and the capacity of the game servers. You are also at the mercy of connection quality of others in the game.

The only anomaly that puzzles me are the planes still flying around after being shoot down - I have chased many to the wilderness to have them finally disappear.

As to apparent speed of aircraft, the game only scales the planes into sight when close, you cannot see rate of closure until you are almost on top of them, as the main item you see is the name which is constant in size and the plane only a spec. I have done a lot of close flying in gliders, and the rate of closure can go from zero to twice your speed almost instantly when someone turns into you, not unlike what I see in the game.
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16210

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Stuart wrote: There are times when the enemy approaches me so fast, I can't even turn my plane fast enough to fire at them.

There is one additional thing you can do that I believe gives you a little extra speed and agility: switch to the simplified cockpit.

It has the extra advantage of giving you an almost unobstructed view of everything in front of you. - Only you have to get used to having the trigger button in a different place, and you may want to turn down the sensitivity a bit.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16219

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
I have tried the simple cockpit to see if it did have any processing advantage and I liked it - I also like how the landing looks and feels in this mode. The machine gun button while on the right side actually was an improvement as my 'home' button (instant exit on Android) is just under the gun button on the realistic display and many times just as I got someone lined up, wham, I'm out of the game as I brushed the Home button in my excitement! (I now have a piece of thick paper over it)

Oh, I'm back using the realistic view mainly as it seems the better pilots (most everyone) use it to good advantage, so I thought I was missing something...

fun!
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16248

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
thats pretty much right, wumper. keep in mind that your opponets internet speeds affect how the planes appear, too. one bad apple soils the bunch. ;) :P
See you in the skies!

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16254

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
U also need skill not just fast planes.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16263

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
true dat.
See you in the skies!

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16335

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

iQQi wrote: I'm back using the realistic view mainly as it seems the better pilots (most everyone) use it to good advantage

I too prefer the realistic cockpit over the hang-glider view, because I feel it adds to the illusion of "being there".

I use the simplified version at times when I'm out to make photos and want as much as possible of the scene to be visible.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16336

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
There is, however, one extra little thing that you can turn off, which when disabled, gives you a very real advantage. It may be an oversight on Z's part, I don't know, - or it may be an option that he has included to make the game run on older, slower phones.

I'm not going to say what it is, - most of you will know already, and the rest can find out easily enough. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|KptnSINGH

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16337

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol, dont turn it off. For once, i do want some realism. It seems like cheating to have a clearer veiw than others. :)

Wait, does anyone actually use 3rd person for fighting? Seems much harder.
See you in the skies!

Re: Aircraft speed 12 years 1 week ago #16348

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks a lot man! :)

I wouldn't say you're a novice at all. Two months is enough time to learn the game well.

I dont think slenderman makes fun of you. He can be a bit condesending at times, but hes overall a great resourse. Z is rarely on the forum, however.

Spawnkilling and camping is cheating, i agree. Its legitamit if you need to to get a bomb thru, but the rest of the time its annoying.

Ive got to say, i have yet to see a zombie plane. Not sayingit doesnt happen, ive heard of it from others. What i HAVE seen, however, which appears to be a dead plane shooting, is a guy parachutingout and the plane staying in the same spot, due to lag. While it could be a system issue, it could be a combination of coincidence and lag. Again, im not saying it doesnt happen, but it probably isnt particularly common. :) :)

Hmm... You have sufficient funds, you have the plane, and it says "UP". Hmmm...l dont know. Slenderman might be able to help some. :) Btw, i cant find a topic. Maybe it didnt post, or am i missing it? :?
See you in the skies!

Re: Aircraft speed 11 years 10 months ago #24448

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I agree with Calvin.

Quite often I see lagging planes that jump erratically about, and nothing happens when I shoot at them. If it's just one plane, It's his connection that's bad. Sometimes they go down tens of seconds later, while I'm busy elsewhere, and I get the surprising message that "NN was brought down by Veidar".

It's only a handful of times that I have seen planes reappearing immediately, or at least impossibly fast after I have shot them down. But it certainly happens.

Once was the time I've told you about, right after an update this spring. For hours and hours all planes just reappeared in the air. When I was shot down, there was a shudder, a momentary loss of control, I would fall towards the ground, the throttle reset itself to zero, but when I throttled up again I would be back among the others. Quite fun really, for the time it lasted!

When something is obviously wrong with the workings of the game, Z would want to have it put right. It may take some time, though, because he is occupied with many different things.

The new moderator Virginia Rios is here often, however, and she is supposed to keep an eye of what problems are discussed in the forum and report them to Z.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.667 seconds