TOPIC:

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251097

• Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

Now this may get heated but I hope it doesn't but I wonder how people feel. Before you simply say never hear the circumstances. When is it ok to fire on blue?

-When they take you out on purpose, like no reds and gun you down?
-When they gun you down for taking their kill
-When they gun you down but may be accidental but they have been warned repeatedly
-When they gun you down and strategically they shouldn't have been so careless even if it was an accident
-When they fire at you cause you are in front and you know they are purposfully missing but not by a lot
-When they gun you down repeatedly even though they were accidents
-When they camp forever againnst a single enemy spwan killing
-When they are doing camping and spawn killing a numerically inferior team
-When they have team killed you in past games
-When they are tank spawn killing the enemy
-When they insult you or your teammate
-When they insult your squad
-When they insult your Mom etc

Ive seen it under many of these conditions and done it myself under a few also...usually only if I am shot at deliberately and I know it. I give 1 shot and a warning if you miss and gun down if you hit.

So now for the reason I am posting this, recently I have been ending up in games with a certain player who likes to call everyone lady or girl or nasty lady etc. you probably know who I mean...lets call him Fly Lizard just so we can use a name for reference sake. So the Lizard doesn't seem to shut up the whole game every game I am in, not always bitching at me just anyone who shoots him down or whatever.

Now recently I was in game and he was on my side and a player in red asked if he could have a pass to sk the Lizard until he leaves. At this point he hadn't been that annoying, annoying just the same but tolerable so I refused and thought I'm not handing over a teammate becasue I don't like them I think it should be justified, at least mostly, anyway I told the person to simply play on no free pass.

Now Mr. Lizard knows I don't like him and I joined a game he was in and said hi to a friend and Fly Lizard was on my team and said something to me so I replied "Hi idiot" when really that was pretty nice considering what I think about him. He was taking off as I spawned waited where he waited and waited no doubt to probably shoot me in the back and then he takes off loops back and says "MUVE" and tries to bomb me..,lucky for me he is not the best at bombing and missed my parked plane. I then took off gunned him down twice in blue and swapped sides. Now I was NOT blocking the runway I was at the spawn point and not an inch further. I hadn't caused any spawn crashes and I just showed up. I think his actions were uncalled for since I only called him an idiot (not the first time I might add) and my team killing was justified since he tried to bomb me. What do you guys think?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, Raider, [M]ad, [*M]Comet, Kamikaze King

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251098

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
Personally , damage inflicted on my plane, hangers, or another blue by a teammate is game. I don't particularly care if he is mouthing....I won't waste points on that. He is red and mouths...different story...I not only get points for killing him over and over, but also a sense of satisfaction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, GHOSTRIDER1, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Skyripper

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251101

• [M]ad
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3321

Whiplash wrote: Now this may get heated but I hope it doesn't but I wonder how people feel. Before you simply say never hear the circumstances. When is it ok to fire on blue?

-When they take you out on purpose, like no reds and gun you down?
-When they gun you down for taking their kill
-When they gun you down but may be accidental but they have been warned repeatedly
-When they gun you down and strategically they shouldn't have been so careless even if it was an accident
-When they fire at you cause you are in front and you know they are purposfully missing but not by a lot
-When they gun you down repeatedly even though they were accidents
-When they camp forever againnst a single enemy spwan killing
-When they are doing camping and spawn killing a numerically inferior team
-When they have team killed you in past games
-When they are tank spawn killing the enemy
-When they insult you or your teammate
-When they insult your squad
-When they insult your Mom etc

Ive seen it under many of these conditions and done it myself under a few also...usually only if I am shot at deliberately and I know it. I give 1 shot and a warning if you miss and gun down if you hit.

So now for the reason I am posting this, recently I have been ending up in games with a certain player who likes to call everyone lady or girl or nasty lady etc. you probably know who I mean...lets call him Fly Lizard just so we can use a name for reference sake. So the Lizard doesn't seem to shut up the whole game every game I am in, not always bitching at me just anyone who shoots him down or whatever.

Now recently I was in game and he was on my side and a player in red asked if he could have a pass to sk the Lizard until he leaves. At this point he hadn't been that annoying, annoying just the same but tolerable so I refused and thought I'm not handing over a teammate becasue I don't like them I think it should be justified, at least mostly, anyway I told the person to simply play on no free pass.

Now Mr. Lizard knows I don't like him and I joined a game he was in and said hi to a friend and Fly Lizard was on my team and said something to me so I replied "Hi idiot" when really that was pretty nice considering what I think about him. He was taking off as I spawned waited where he waited and waited no doubt to probably shoot me in the back and then he takes off loops back and says "MUVE" and tries to bomb me..,lucky for me he is not the best at bombing and missed my parked plane. I then took off gunned him down twice in blue and swapped sides. Now I was NOT blocking the runway I was at the spawn point and not an inch further. I hadn't caused any spawn crashes and I just showed up. I think his actions were uncalled for since I only called him an idiot (not the first time I might add) and my team killing was justified since he tried to bomb me. What do you guys think?

Agree with 95% of the stated reasons(except foul mouthing). But if "he" doesn't have a history of doing such things I usually switch sides and drop my bomb and go for him.
If I have an experience/anyone have blacklisted "him" then I won't switch sides. Coz i don't want to miss him ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251104

• uberculture
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 134

Timely! I just got kicked for teamkilling a guy who was swearing, homophobically, at a well respected red. Not a common thing for me to do, but it just got to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, Kamikaze King, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251108

• SavageViking
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1446

uberculture wrote: Timely! I just got kicked for teamkilling a guy who was swearing, homophobically, at a well respected red. Not a common thing for me to do, but it just got to me.

Thanks Uber... He was really being a pain in the arse
I hear the song of the Valkyries, they call to me, they bid me to take my place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, uberculture

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251110

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
Lot of strange behavior in games these days--weekends are very odd.

Was yelled at tonight for "stealing my kill" during a bomb the carrier game. It's a team game and everyone works together to protect hangars, carrier and each other. Fire, play and have fun! Who knows, I might have just saved you from being shot down. I'll never know, as I just left the game. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, Kamikaze King, Viper10{WP}

Last edit: by DireWolf{WP****}.

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251126

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Yippie Die Yo Yippie Die Yay
  • Thank you received: 1873
I won't debate the acceptability, but taking a five every once in a while sure is gratifying
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, [NLR] Finn, Kamikaze King, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251127

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11899
I had Sky Wizard (aka Armahumphrey as someone pointed out) problems last weekend. I'm proud to say that was dealt with rather successfully... I say Kill him regardless of color!

Gotta agree with dire on strange behaviour lately. I was on a roll tonight with being in several games with at least one moron in each one!

I was in a game today with quark or upside down ?...he was flopping around like a fish camping and spawn killing like a jack ass...so once I dropped my bombs on the hangar I team killed him by "accident"...that guy deserves a team kill lots...tool
Bannerless and naked. Whatever...
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, Kamikaze King, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}

Last edit: by [*M]Comet.

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251136

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Fly Lizard certainly is an irritant to both sides, isn't he?

I can only think of one instance when I deliberately team killed and it was that knucklehead who was behind me, no reds in sight, firing short bursts at me as I made my way towards the reds. Unprovoked attack and the reason was "I am bored". Yeah, that was kinda gratifying. Mostly though I agree with Cannon... I wont waste points on that. One of these years I would eventually like to make MORAF so all the points I get are precious. Id rather leave and find a game without irritants or even something better to do for awhile.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, DireWolf{WP****}

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251166

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yeah I don't generally hit blue for most of those reasons my big one other than damage to blue since that's automatic is the guys who like to shoot across your nose and wonder why you get pissed off. There are also those who know how to win a crash off. What I mean is they fly just above or below you and crash into you such that they don't crash only you do and then claim it was an accident. Ive never flown that close to someone that I could crash into them except in a turn fight...but as I travel no way...If that's an accident maybe being gunned down will correct your formation ideas
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, [*M]Skyripper, Viper10{WP}

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251200

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
There are occasions when I accept team killing such as many of the incidents Whip mentioned, but can be a sort of a "blurry line" so to speak. I have a few pilots on my "unfriendly rivalry list" that I will pin to the deck given an opportunity. I hope people trust my reasons are worthy and don't interfere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251204

• Team Killer.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kill them all..
  • Thank you received: 329
Hey Hey Hey now hold on just a minute here.... Make sure their killing you first... After all i have rep to protect....
I COULD NOT CARE LESS
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, [*M]VonHuLK

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251217

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Time is infinite, Life is not"
  • Thank you received: 11461

DireWolf {WP} wrote: Lot of strange behavior in games these days--weekends are very odd.

Was yelled at tonight for "stealing my kill" during a bomb the carrier game. It's a team game and everyone works together to protect hangars, carrier and each other. Fire, play and have fun! Who knows, I might have just saved you from being shot down. I'll never know, as I just left the game. B)

Have to agree with you Dire, seems to be a whole new wave of strange behavior in the game. Haven't flown much lately for personal reasons, but it seems as if every game has some foul mouthed noob shooting everything in sight to ramp up their KDR. The thrill of actually flying the mission and working as a team is getting lost. My deaths outweigh my kills greatly from doing all I can to get bombs on target. It seems common place to be camped on by droppers nowadays and easily rack up a ton of deaths while they pad their numbers. There should be no credit given for killing a team mate. A loiter timer over the enemy base would be nice as well.

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, DireWolf{WP****}

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251219

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167

uberculture wrote: Timely! I just got kicked for teamkilling a guy who was swearing, homophobically, at a well respected red. Not a common thing for me to do, but it just got to me.

Lemme guess...wingsofdeath?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Comet

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251226

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
  • Thank you received: 577
Great topic

Under almost all circumstances, I would argue that it is better to leave the game and find a new place to play. There are lots of sandboxes and other children to play with.

However, the community cannot allow severe offenders to cause everyone to vacate a good game. Therefore, action must be taken, but it must a unanimous decision, dontcha think?

If a Blue is causing such an uproar to be team-killed for it, all Blues should be on-board before any sand is thrown. Team-killing because a name was called, or because a bomb exploded a little too close, to me, doesn't seem worth the high offense of team-killing, nor the 50 points.

It does warrant, however, exiting the game and chewing on some sand for a bit until one is ready to play again.[/size]

Last edit: by [NLR] Finn.

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251238

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958

[M]Skyripper wrote:

DireWolf {WP} wrote: Lot of strange behavior in games these days--weekends are very odd.

Have to agree with you Dire, seems to be a whole new wave of strange behavior in the game. Haven't flown much lately for personal reasons, but it seems as if every game has some foul mouthed noob shooting everything in sight to ramp up their KDR. The thrill of actually flying the mission and working as a team is getting lost. My deaths outweigh my kills greatly from doing all I can to get bombs on target. It seems common place to be camped on by droppers nowadays and easily rack up a ton of deaths while they pad their numbers. There should be no credit given for killing a team mate. A loiter timer over the enemy base would be nice as well.

Sky, I like that idea of a time over enemy base once bomb is dropped. Not sure if it's something Zup could add, but worth asking.

Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251279

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
I had a game with your boy today Whip. I think you would forgiven for shooting him just on the grounds of his being so annoying. I made it a point to use his original name, Armahumphrey, or your version, fly lizard, whenever he tried to pat himself on the back. Which he did as often as possible.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251298

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Oh yes the lizard he was trying to shoot me with his tank we were both blue he was warned not to he response was im.practicing. the thrid shot at me was enough i turned and fired at his tank and took.him out soon after he was on everyone's case with the stupid nasty lady thing. He will and does team.kill he loves to.shoot all.around you from.behind even if your trying to shoot reds i dont hide i dont like him personally i think he need a mute if not some time off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Viper10{WP}

Acceptable Team Killing 9 years 3 weeks ago #251311

• 111th|Royal Flush
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Play your cards, show us what you've got...
  • Thank you received: 590
i personally dont tolerate most of th crap whip is mentioning, especially the "im bored" excuses....or a noob in a tank near their own base (normally blue but if its red its moot at this point) i often get questions directed at me "why did you team kill me" and other such stuff, especially when they are beoing "bored" and taking pot shots at you. if they do that ill just get behind them and put a couple shots near them, or if they hit me, i return a shot back to them as a warning, and if they continue, or kill me, i take them out, an eye for an eye...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, [*M]VonHuLK

Acceptable Team Killing 8 years 11 months ago #257847

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Yippie Die Yo Yippie Die Yay
  • Thank you received: 1873
Hteam

Acceptable Team Killing 8 years 11 months ago #257907

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
:whistle:

Acceptable Team Killing 8 years 11 months ago #258804

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I took a 5 min break yesterday since he seemed strangely quiet I asked reformed or muted. Muted I was told and I said some nasty lady probably reported him. Well as I take off and turn bullets are fired over my wing. I turn put in 2 hits to which he shoots me down. I then took him out 4 times and took 5. Well worth it imo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasonmc, nebular

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.974 seconds