Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Duplicate Rankings---seem a bit odd. 2 years 11 months ago #382593

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • DireWolf{WP****}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4958
Just curious why there are duplicate rankings. For example, look at #66 a wing commander and Air Marshal II SAME rank. It happens again at #89. Not sure why it's happening. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, Alex Galt, Pegoud, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Duplicate Rankings---seem a bit odd. 2 years 11 months ago #382599

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
Looks like another factor needs to be added to the mysterious algorithm for figuring rank...
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Paco Zorapel

Duplicate Rankings---seem a bit odd. 2 years 11 months ago #382600

• Paco Zorapel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Paco the Taco :D
  • Thank you received: 288
Well during the little time I've been here I've learnt more or less how the ranking works. The ranking shows the people with the highest ranking first, and inside each ranking, the ones with the biggest amount of points to first (we all know this).

However, we can see some people whose rank is very low (31, 21, 16, and some time ago we had a 34 too). Why this happens? Well, your ranking position refreshes ONLY when you log in. You may lose some positions even if you don't log in, but no more than 10 I think. That's why when someone returns to the game, he disappears of the ranking (for example Tomatoes, that 34). His position refreshes, and he falls to his real position.

So that means hansone was #66 when he left, or maybe that lots of people above him returned, and he climbed up to the ranking (kind of unlikely). And why is he in the same position as Stormbringer? I don't know, maybe he's been so much time without logging in that the game simply ignores him.

Of course I haven't enough proof to confirm this, it's just a supposition.
Thanks to [Ñ] THE BLACK DRAGONS and Montymor for accepting me in such a big family. ¡Volar con honor, no rendirse jamás!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Pegoud, Juan Marni, Sikorsky

• Page:
Moderators: Viper10{WP}DireWolf{WP****}Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}pinkstar30{BLK}{WOLF}Dunc7Sid Dickless WPCypher7{WP}..OWL..{WP*}
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds