TOPIC:

Hangar 38 . . . the one that got away! 8 years 1 month ago #318832

• S. E. Dailey
  • S. E. Dailey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

Does GI have any kind of Precision Bombing Award? If so, I would like to be considered for it.

We had a pretty good BtB match going in Elite. We finally got them down to their last two hangars. BOOM, my wingman blasts the first one! I come in perpendicular to the runway, at about a 60° dive; I hit the “D” button, the bomb sails just inside the hangar doorway, and boom . . . A MISS?!?!? :ohmy:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :huh:
After all the bombs I’ve dropped right next to the hangar to get the kill, and the tank rounds that have landed right next to the hangar for the kill . . .

I literally put this bomb, special delivery through the hangar doorway, and didn’t get a kill. :pinch:

If I’d held the dive another half second or so I would have been parked in the hangar. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, WB|War hawk1-5, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, nebular, Skeeter72{WP}, D93 Big Gunzzz, Night Fury

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hangar 38 . . . the one that got away! 8 years 1 month ago #318897

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Oh man!

I hate it when that happens. It's even worse than getting a tank shot dead center on a plane's propeller and not getting a kill. Back in the "old days" of dogfight, before the option to carry 2 bombs, you could take out 3 hangars with one bomb or shell. You would aim for the middle one of a group of three hangars.... it was possible to destroy the enemy airfield with 4 bombs. If your bomb landed between two hangars you almost always got both of them. When someone asked "how many hangars left?" You'd say something like "3 together" or "2 split". Sneaking could net 3 hangars while only carrying one bomb, which also meant you had a faster climb rate for getting to high altitude.

*420* says she once got 5 hangars with a single bomb...some sort of lag or one time glitch! :blink:
It probably doesn't really make much difference but it was easier to increase you hangar count...especially for noobs who can only carry one bomb anyway.

When zup added the ability to carry a second bomb he also made the hangars bigger and further apart. For a while people were still aiming for the sweet spot between the hangars and "BOOM!"....nothing. The bombs also seem to have a smaller "blast radius" than they did originally. It may just be that when zup made all planes and other features bigger, he did not also increase the area of a bomb blast... then somewhere along the way he replaced the ww2 tanks with the smaller ww1 tanks...

...back in the "Olden days...." :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Hangar 38 . . . the one that got away! 8 years 1 month ago #318912

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
i thought i noticed that the bombs seem to travel faster or something, which caused me to miss a couple hangars... :pinch:

but some of those misses did show that there are sweet spots that hit two hangars with one bomb!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

at least one on each row... ;)

and it has happened twice!!

WooHoo!! 3 for 2!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doggy Dix

Last edit: by nebular.

Hangar 38 . . . the one that got away! 8 years 1 month ago #318976

• BOAZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • sometimes my farts are lumpy
  • Thank you received: 1474
I was sitting on that runway and watched that bomb go in, said gg all and nothing. Had to wait for the lost tank to finish me off.

One beer two beer three beer floor

The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

• Page:
Moderators: horriblebreastKamikaze King{GI} E*A*G*L*E
Time to create page: 0.771 seconds