• Page:

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite Hall of Honors for the Individual 9 months 2 weeks ago #388564

• Lowdan Clear
  • Lowdan Clear's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 305

This thread was created to honor those pilots that choose to fly solo. Squadless in other words  These pilots are the truly brave pilots that sometimes fight against three or four squad members at a time. For their bravery (some would say stupidity) they receive no extra points, no rewards, just plenty of deaths and few losses. These pilots don't buy into the gang mentality that permeates the thinking of the squad-ridden pilots. They prefer anonymity and individualism over the college frat boy culture of the squads.

So without further adieu, I present the Dogfight  Elite Hall of Honor for the Individual Award to MEAN.  Congratulations MEAN!  As far as I can tell MEAN is the highest-ranked player not currently in a squad. Next would be Sniper but somehow 303 roped Sniper into joining them. I hope they didn't use some kind of brainwashing technique hate to see Sniper succumb to the dreaded squad. Yours truly get an honorable mention.  I'll keep my eye out for the top squadless players going forward.

MEAN I'm sorry but I got no rewards, points, cash, or anything of real value for you except this here blurb on the forum

(this is all in fun and not meant to be taken seriously. So please don't  twist it into something it's not and create some drama out of this)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Pegoud

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dogfight Elite Hall of Honors for the Individual 9 months 2 weeks ago #388566

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
In war, there is no space for individualism. We all fight together or prepare to die alone.

Zuperman, DFE Squadron Leader.

The following user(s) said Thank You: frits, Pegoud

Last edit: by zuperman.

Dogfight Elite Hall of Honors for the Individual 9 months 2 weeks ago #388568

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
. .

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud

Dogfight Elite Hall of Honors for the Individual 9 months 1 week ago #388591

• Lowdan Clear
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Yes that's true zup I die alone every night to the other squads. My death count and losses are on the rise. However, this is just a game not real warfare so I will continue to fly solo and take my beatings.

Dogfight Elite Hall of Honors for the Individual 9 months 1 week ago #388602

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
. .

Dogfight Elite Hall of Honors for the Individual 9 months 1 week ago #388608

• Lowdan Clear
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

"Squad wars" is misleading  Squad wars makes it sound like one squad is competing directly with another squad. However, in reality, it is usually 3-5 squad members against an out-numbered opponent or few beginner players. I rarely see squads fighting against other squads. I see one squad in one server and another in the other server more than I have seen two squads actually competing against each other head-to-head. It's more like point harvesting than a real squad war. I think the idea of squad wars is a fine idea but the execution of the wars doesn't work. 

A potential suggestion would be to make squad wars a separate game option where squads actually compete head-to-head against each other. This option is used in several other popular multiplayer games. Instead of how it is today with a bunch of squad members against outnumbered opponents, noobs, or just flying by themselves to get points.  Shouldn't squads have to fight against each other to see who is best not the squad that has the most members to outnumber any opponents and fly most often?

Dogfight Elite Hall of Honors for the Individual 9 months 1 week ago #388611

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
. .

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lowdan Clear, Pegoud

Dogfight Elite Hall of Honors for the Individual 9 months 1 week ago #388616

• Lowdan Clear
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

. .
i am just sharing a thought ace doesn't mean i am unhappy or dissatisfied with the game. This has been my opinion on squads since I started playing again. I think there is room for improvement regarding how squad wars are set up today. i just think that if squads wanted to fight together and compete against other squads, then make that happen. Squads against the general DF population isn't a squad war. I'd be real interested in knowing how many of the top 3 squads kills were against competing squads vs. the rest of the DF population. BTW passive aggressive is considered the worst type of communication 

Last edit: by Lowdan Clear.

Dogfight Elite Hall of Honors for the Individual 9 months 1 week ago #388622

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

. .
i am just sharing a thought ace doesn't mean i am unhappy or dissatisfied with the game. This has been my opinion on squads since I started playing again. I think there is room for improvement regarding how squad wars are set up today. i just think that if squads wanted to fight together and compete against other squads, then make that happen. Squads against the general DF population isn't a squad war. I'd be real interested in knowing how many of the top 3 squads kills were against competing squads vs. the rest of the DF population. BTW passive aggressive is considered the worst type of communication 
.The Ad was not meant for you or to imply that you are dissatisfied with the squadron wars thing; I respect the opinion you are voicing.  I gave my views on that matter a long time ago.   My post is just squadron propaganda; aimed at lone wolves that might be looking for squadrons to join.  LOL, I think we all have a bit of passive aggressive behavior to be playing this game.  Don’t read too much into the ad, the word FUN says it all.  Enjoy the games, the conversations and have fun.

Last edit: by Acegirl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds