TOPIC:

crazy controller 7 years 5 months ago #349564

• airwolff
  • airwolff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • seek wisdom
  • Thank you received: 257

got the latest update yesterday. my platform is Win 10 pc and i play with a standard xbox 360 controller.

once i load the game, navigating with the mouse works fine, but if i try to navigate using the controller, it begins to cycle through the selection buttons as if one of my buttons was stuck. once this begins nothing stops it short of closing the game.

i uninstalled/reinstalled my controller and made sure it had the latest driver. also, no, none of my buttons are stuck.

also on a side note, i tried to access the tanks to see the new ones - the game now freezes on the loading screen when i try to see my tanks. again, no fix but to close out.

edit: i tried navigating into a game with the mouse, but once in game the controller glitch manifested. it seems to think i'm leaning on the stick to the left.

edit again: new update has fixed the crazy controller, but i still can't select a tank, trying to locks the game up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by airwolff. Reason: new update

crazy controller 7 years 5 months ago #349645

• Yonder Tiger
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I live to do the right thing, be the best I can be
  • Thank you received: 94
You should probably send your controller to the correctional facility (cough loony bin cough).
The following user(s) said Thank You: airwolff

crazy controller 7 years 4 months ago #351121

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806

airwolff wrote: got the latest update yesterday. my platform is Win 10 pc and i play with a standard xbox 360 controller.

once i load the game, navigating with the mouse works fine, but if i try to navigate using the controller, it begins to cycle through the selection buttons as if one of my buttons was stuck. once this begins nothing stops it short of closing the game.

i uninstalled/reinstalled my controller and made sure it had the latest driver. also, no, none of my buttons are stuck.

also on a side note, i tried to access the tanks to see the new ones - the game now freezes on the loading screen when i try to see my tanks. again, no fix but to close out.

edit: i tried navigating into a game with the mouse, but once in game the controller glitch manifested. it seems to think i'm leaning on the stick to the left.

edit again: new update has fixed the crazy controller, but i still can't select a tank, trying to locks the game up.

Helloooo Airwolf!
Hope u and all your love ones are ok. Hope you got your control problem fix. Is it better to use an Xbox game control or joystick control? Or is keyboard better? What is the difference?

crazy controller 7 years 4 months ago #351135

• airwolff
  • airwolff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • seek wisdom
  • Thank you received: 257

[quote=

Helloooo Airwolf!
Hope u and all your love ones are ok. Hope you got your control problem fix. Is it better to use an Xbox game control or joystick control? Or is keyboard better? What is the difference?

.[/quote]

i have never tried using the keyboard, my keyboard is on a shelf underneath the desk and is too low to use this way (makes my wrist hurt). i tried a joystick once i got it to work, but it is too slow to respond for flight controls.

since the beginning i have used an xbox controller for DF, as the short button travel (how far you need to press the buttons) is ideal for the rapid reactions you need to play the game. also i didn't have to configure anything, DF recognizes the xbox controller as input normally. you just need to figure out which button does what? as there are more buttons than controls.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

crazy controller 7 years 4 months ago #351137

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

This sounds like the same problems I had trying to use my Thrustmaster T.Fight HOTAS X with Dogfight (the old school version of the game). There was no way around the problem on the original game due to the way the game engine was put together. :(

Up to this point, I have always gotten my joystick to work with Elite by using the JoyToKey keyboard emulation program, but I haven’t tried it since the last update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, airwolff

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.620 seconds