TOPIC:

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313074

• Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

How do we get unmuted when a troll decides to mute one of us. I said nothing offensive at all and now i can't chat. This happens over and over to many players...can we not have it that only paid players have that right to mute or have some protection from anyone in wc deciding to mute them?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, Husky Dog, D93 Big Gunzzz, S. E. Dailey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313082

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843
;) I am sure you will work out who it is Whip . There are only two idiots out there trying their hardest to disrupt people and cause problems for the game . They run several accounts so that they can mute people and generaly behave like the idiots that they are . They will eventually grow up and get a life etc ...one can only hope lol .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, [*M]VonHuLK, D93 Big Gunzzz

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313112

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5756
I got muted so i have a second account in TBH just for this reason But every one knows its me im not hiding in a puppet account i usually run my signature |) even if i change my name .so i got muted i think i know by who so i bring in my back up account |)ingbat . i see a guy swearing on chat so i ask him to stop 3 times he said the f word after asking him 3 times i get muted why do i get muted ? i should have realised who this guy was > Black Widow was his name no stats at all no kills/deaths/hangars he knew me right way as he called me dog not ding.Two days later both my accounts are still muted ive emailed zup about it but have heard zip from zup i think the mute mode for reporting should be only for paid members of dogfight that are serious about having a fun time and social interaction with in the context of the game. bullet is correct but a two is a understatement there are more than two doing this as they either think its fun or they have very sad sad lives .i subscribe twice but if i cant participate in all of the game im thinking of just going with the random game .ty whip for starting this Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, D- CC RIDER, D93 Big Gunzzz, diaoblique, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by dognamitt.

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313130

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656

[Thugz] KappaSpam wrote:

[*M] CC RIDER wrote: ;) I am sure you will work out who it is Whip . There are only two idiots out there trying their hardest to disrupt people and cause problems for the game . They run several accounts so that they can mute people and generaly behave like the idiots that they are . They will eventually grow up and get a life etc ...one can only hope lol .

Which two idiots are those? Can you let us know so we can look out for them in the future?

I'm sure you know them, they have been around for a while...

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER, dognamitt

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313141

• mikerochdale
  • Thank you received: 25

Whiplash wrote: How do we get unmuted when a troll decides to mute one of us. I said nothing offensive at all and now i can't chat. This happens over and over to many players...can we not have it that only paid players have that right to mute or have some protection from anyone in wc deciding to mute them?

It sounds a wee bit unfair that a troll can mute you for nothing, unfortunately a troll would also pay for that ability as well. Maybe if your offensive in a game the mute button should have to be pressed by at least say 4 other players present. That way trolls powers can be limited. And a really offensive player gets what they deserve. Majority decision. I'm new to the game so I apologise in advance. I know next to nothing about game coding and what is possible or not. Just my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, S. E. Dailey

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313167

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5756
well i have been un>muted after 36 hours i served a sentence but committed no crime now im afraid to go on chat in case some troll thinks its funny to do it one more time
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, D- CC RIDER

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313189

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

maybe a user pays system, the mute works as it does now, but if found to be false on review, the muter has to cough up real $ to keep playing the game.

ut malleus omnia similis clavum
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313195

• Thulsa Doom
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Doom knows.
  • Thank you received: 511

[e]hammer_tool wrote: maybe a user pays system, the mute works as it does now, but if found to be false on review, the muter has to cough up real $ to keep playing the game.

I don't know about you, but there are some people here I would gladly pay to not have to listen to even if their only offence is they annoy me. I think anyone abusing the reporting system could maybe lose the ability to report, and repeat offenders removed from the game entirely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, dognamitt, D93 Big Gunzzz

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313198

• Daniel Santana von Geltendorf
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Der Führer von der N.O.I.D.U.D.V.S.G.(P.)
  • Thank you received: 73
Yes it needs to stop
~Daniel Santana~

The following user(s) said Thank You: Donald Trump

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313220

• Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

Or how about a reputation system for players. The way it would work is:
  • Each month with no valid reports against you your reputation goes up a point
  • Each valid report the offending players reputation goes down the same as the reputation of the person who submitted the report.
  • (i.e. if I have a rep of 10 and report someone with a rep 8 their rep would be -2 and be muted[/li]
    If I have a rep of 0 and report nothing happens[/li]
    If I have a rep of 1 and report someone with a rep of 18 I would need to report 18 times to get that person muted.)[/li]
  • Any clearly invalid reports results in an instant rep of 0 and repeat offence is a ban
  • multiple valid reports the reps of the players who reported are multiplied so, if a rep of 3 and a rep of 6 both make valid reports on a player the resulting rep punishment would be -18
  • When negative rep you earn a point every 24 hours until you reach 0.
This would protect those who are not offensive and limit the ability for new accounts to mute players. Sorry for all the math details but I felt they were necessary.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313222

• ohill21machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "There is always a way"(Athena)
  • Thank you received: 107
I'm sorry e-hammer but I completely disagree! I would stop playing before i payed for something i maybe accidentally did. Like a accidentally reported a player a few times(Probably unlikely that It would be an accident)but anyway this is a free game and i think it should stay like that.

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313722

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13143
Nobody can't mute anyone since at least a month. I removed the automatic mute system loooooong time ago. If you get muted is because the system found you used some bad words or got confused about it.

Nowadays every report I manually check to see if it deserves a mute. And most of the times I get 3 or 4 reports from the same person and it's a fake report, I mute or ban the offender for trying to mute someone for no reason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, baron rojo, Rudolf Rednose, D- CC RIDER, Acegirl, S. E. Dailey

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313765

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 3983
YEMX needs to be muted! Several times now, he has used suggestive language and good timing. To make a funny joke, that causes some kind of, discussing chain reaction, involving laughter, and similar reply's. It is pure evil how he gets away with using clean words to make a dirty point! Most of the underage players don't know if they should giggle or cry..... Well several of the old f@rt's do the same for that matter....
Anyhow my point being (dirty or not) these people and many like them are just having to much fun, and there is no time for that. This is war, not sum fun in the sun chit chat giggle me tiggle, toasting our buns on the beach situation we have going on here. It is breaking down the foundation of the core elements so many come here for!

YEMX is broken so FIX IT!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Comet, dognamitt

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313850

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Well I wish zup would mute Dominic areo .nothing ruins a game faster than having to see nasty lady or ugly lady for the wuole game .I've seen game where everyone leaves because of it .then he shows hob n another game and continues doing it until everyone leaves that game .zup please do something about him I do believe you had muted him before for doing that .he needs a permanent mute.

This muting has to stop. 8 years 4 months ago #313893

• Gone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 540
I THINK IM ANOTHER VICTIM OF BEING MUTED ALL DAY TODAY I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO SEE WC IN DF1 IM ALSO PLAYING IN ELITE AND CHAT THERE IS FINE. IF THIS JUST A DF1 PROBLEM?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.513 seconds