TOPIC:

DF Control settings 8 years 10 months ago #280282

• KimberWolf {WP}
  • KimberWolf {WP}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 728
Question here about control settings:
I use an iPad mini with "movement settings" enabled (no joystick). I know that adjusting sensitivity affects the movement sensitivity itself, but does it also affect how "much" the plane will move?
In other words, will increasing sensitivity also increase how sharp the plane can turn.

I ask because in the last 6 months my straight-on fight game has gotten a lot better, but my turn game really sucks.
I just don't have it figured out.

Regards

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack" - Rudyard Kipling

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DF Control settings 8 years 10 months ago #280286

• BALTOWOLF
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 353
Hi Kimber, I also use an Ipad Mini for DF, and i always have ingame setting on max sensitivity... never tried it on less sensitivity, but i would assume it would reduce turning capabilites...
The following user(s) said Thank You: KimberWolf {WP}

DF Control settings 8 years 10 months ago #280287

• KimberWolf {WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Merf. I have my settings down a bit for stability and it helps, at least for straight on fighting.
However I suspect that you are right, that's why I posted

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack" - Rudyard Kipling
The following user(s) said Thank You: BALTOWOLF

DF Control settings 8 years 10 months ago #280308

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

With ANY device that plays this game if you lower your sensitivity anywhere below MAX you are reducing your roll & turn ability and so therefore your ability to dogfight.. in a game called DOGFIGHT! & so just handing out free kills to the reds lol!

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

DF Control settings 8 years 10 months ago #280309

• KimberWolf {WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ZebraUp wrote: With ANY device that plays this game if you lower your sensitivity anywhere below MAX you are reducing your roll & turn ability and so therefore your ability to dogfight.. in a game called DOGFIGHT! & so just handing out free kills to the reds lol!

Zebra,
Now that you have replied I am now going to admit that when I started this thread I had you in mind, and was hoping you would reply.
Thanks very much. I wish you were in my squad, so I could get some turn lessons from you, lol.
It seems that one time GAW told me in a game to turn my settings all the way up, but I didn't know why.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

DF Control settings 8 years 10 months ago #280315

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Well the Pack has some great dogfighters you can learn from like BlackWolf & others within your squadron.. other than the advice I just gave concerning sensitivity I suggest you read EVERYTHING you can on dogfighting.. including here on the forum SB467's Dogfight Maxim's AND advice from Blue MaX !

Below are links to two of the best ever posts on game / flying tips:

SB467 DF MAXIM's & MORE

Tips for the lopsided game from MäX

Other than that I suggest to get a good grounding in dogfighting basics by reading: www.navyflightmanuals.tpub.com/P-1210 (Aerial Combat Manuevers)

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

DF Control settings 8 years 10 months ago #280356

• KimberWolf {WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ZebraUp wrote: Well the Pack has some great dogfighters you can learn from like BlackWolf & others within your squadron..

You're right. I neglected to recognize some of the great turn fighters in my own squadron.

Regards

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.734 seconds