Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ranking system 1 year 5 months ago #387208

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
Click the name of the player and see when they started playing, I see 2014-2016 players and 2022. The new folks have no memory of the changes and hard work to earn....one more time..earn MORAF by playing for years. Zup often asks the masses what they think and makes a decision.

An MVP could be granted by a squad. Form one and those who want to hand out most kills, mvp etc give out awards for it. That way you are having fun and working your way to the top.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, nebular

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DireWolf{WP****}.

Ranking system 1 year 5 months ago #387210

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
i think that might be the problem right there . pilots who feel just because they have been here a long time they deserve the top spot. I would also hope that pilots that don't agree with that are not punished as in the past you speak of.( ive been here since 2012 with quite a few breaks in between)==If you’ve been around since 2012 were you in a squad or what were your names?

we have many pilots of many ages playing this game so we also have many different opinions. some older folks like myself always play the game to win. because of that at least in my case causes some frustration at times. some younger players who have grown up in the woke world are of the opinion that points don't matter its not about winning but having fun. personally for me its fun to win.==Your original post was about KDR, but glad to see you want to play and have fun now. There are many players from all ages and around the world. Politics have no place here.

i don't think any of these opinions is wrong it more depends on the individual and you cant please all the ppl all the time as the old saying goes.
all this being said its very clear those in the top spots now that have commented are worried about losing their spot at the top that's as clear as the day is long and that's ok but its starting to look like those top players will be the only ones playing the game very soon. we lose pilots every day and i believe along with many others that if the ranking system was modified we would retain more pilots.==Many just play without worry of rank, KDR etc. Players leave and return. Like Zup pointed out, he was asking for advice as the developer. He’d know the number of players and clearly there must be enough to warrant asking.

i'm very sry all i'm not the best when it comes to putting things on paper if you read my rantings thanks [img]file:///C:/Users/debad/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/img] have a good one==I always do! OOOOooooOOOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Dunc7

Ranking system 1 year 5 months ago #387213

• Capt._Hook
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 5

i don't think everyone arrived at the same conclusion . maybe you should read it again. the problem seems to be you made up your mind before the question was asked and its your way or the highway.

its your game after all you should do what you wish. good luck

Yeah I don't think everybody arrived at the same conclusion either. 
I just don't understand what was the point in starting the thread explaining the debate and asking for feedback if the conclusion was already determined before hand......I mean why not just say that this is what your going to whether players like it or not and I and others wouldn't have waisted out time explaining how a mvp system would be better. So in other word ls the thread was started to throw cankid out to the wolves and it started some arguments.....toxic thread and a waste of time. I won't be giving feed back or giving my 2 cents anymore. Goodbluck.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CanKid

Ranking system 1 year 5 months ago #387214

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
the conclusion was not determined beforehand, I don't know why you think that.

I said I had a conclusion after the emails I've exchanged with Cankid, I posted a thread to see feedback and not let it be only a thing between him in private and myself. Especially for something as important as this that would impact the whole community. If my conclusion was wrong, I would change it. Maybe it's a language thing but from the interactions here many do not want to change the system and others clearly stated it would piss off many old players who arrived at the current ranking if it was changed.

That was my thought before I started the thread, I wanted to see what others thought too before I decided. 

I also see that we need a new ranking system, but removing/changing the existing one creates conflict (read this thread again). So I have to figure out a way to add a new ranking and display both. Some suggested doing a weekly or monthly ranking. Etc etc.

In short, I listened to your suggestions and I'm working on a new ranking system from your feedback but also keeping the existing one. I need to figure out a way to display both.

Just because I don't do what you asked for in a verbatim copy, it doesn't mean I'm a dictator and all that stuff you are throwing. I also don't see why saying someone suggested changes, like Cankid did, is throwing him under the wolves. Everybody makes suggestions, I don't think that's a bad thing. I asked for feedback, I read it and obviously, I have to make a choice after reading the posts. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, frits, D dusty65

Last edit: by zuperman.

Ranking system 1 year 5 months ago #387217

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804
. .Yep it was crystal clear, thank you for sharing it and listening to the DF communities opinion.  As for how to display it, just add a third stats list page. This list should be the best KDR of the week or of the month. Not so sure how hard is to do the weekly or monthly reset, that is the element that would give more opportunities for different players to be recognized for their best KDR thingy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud

Ranking system 1 year 5 months ago #387227

• frits
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 710

Hi Juaquin,

there is again a lot to do to improve the ranking. Me and dusty have thought about it and there will always be disagreements about this item so you should think about just abolishing the rankings. Just no more rankings. Everyone says they play for fun, right? Then let us play just for fun and there will be less resentment. Also no monthly ranking, weekly ranking, total ranking, team ranking,... Just playing for fun.
You can then simply place new guys in a server for 2 months, after which they automatically go to the server of the entire group. No one ranks and all the same.
1 That will give you much less work to create new rankings.
2 No one has to hate anyone anymore because they are ranked higher.
3 The new boys will be left more at ease because it won't be worth anything anyway.
4 No more crying about who plays more hours. Whoever plays empty games.....
5 ............
It has only advantages. Just keep the system so you end up with your squad of friends like now

Do you remember how quiet it was when the squad ranking was abolished? Bringing this back brought the problems back.

So from us the rankings may all disappear, it will only bring peace back to the game.

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/16c59jo.jpg[ [img]https://i.imgur.com/2bVsstZ.png[/img]

i.imgur.com/RllEZWy.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, chickenlittle, Alex Galt, D dusty65

Last edit: by frits.

Ranking system 1 year 5 months ago #387228

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3775
even if ranking and everything was gone there always those people looking for trouble
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, frits, D dusty65

Ranking system 1 year 5 months ago #387229

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804
.I do remember that period of time very well Fritz and you are right, the game did experience a more peaceful atmosphere and fun games. Resembled the old times of DF were players had a more care-free approach to the game, helping each other, playing fun competitive games without thinking of points.  During this period of no list we all watch an increase in new players trying out the game and like old times we had the time to try and groom these new players by giving them pointers and making them feel more welcome. All this helps new players to stay and subscribe to the game. Once the list come back players go crazy looking for points and it’s the new players the one that get hunt down.  Players are so focus on leveling up that they just focus on killing relentlessly the few new players that enter games; all in the quest of making points to rank up. Maybe we should give a try to the no list thing and see how it goes.  Just received a Sundays word and it talk about Joy.  How simple things can delight you with joy. Talks about how the simple rutinary things in life fill your heart with joy. How you feel joy when you focus on the possibilities of what life offers you instead of focusing on the problems.  This could not be more appropriate for what we are looking for in this community. We should focus on the joy that this game brings us instead of the problems that diminish our joy of playing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frits, D dusty65

Ranking system 1 year 5 months ago #387230

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
well, certainly removing the ranking is also an option for super easy for me to implement.

Any thoughts from anybody else? I thought people liked rankings and I never looked at it as a problem. Should I just remove all rankings and display the stats without a rank?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, DireWolf{WP****}, Alex Galt, frits, D dusty65, Pegoud

Ranking system 1 year 5 months ago #387231

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
Make didley squat difference to those of us at the bottom, but I suspect you'll lose those at the top a bit sooner in their playing life cycle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Ranking system 1 year 4 months ago #387418

• Buddah4Q
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 129
Would just like to say, I think the persons personal rank, which allows the player to be eligible to obtain planes is way too high. There is a new plane in WW2. ( Bearcat). Few have even seen one fly by. Having to acquire literally millions of points is unrealistic and many players quit out of frustration. Not  unlocking planes because the idea is to make players stick around is contrary to what happens. More players buying planes is better for the game and gameplay. We fly what planes we love, like Pegoud flys a Camel, you see Dusty in a p38 , and so on. Not because it took 3 million points to get, because we love the plane, and love the game. I know requirements changed recently, and I’m not saying make it easy or quick or pay to play. But millions of points is just too much . Hats off to those at the top of the ranks. I know this is a bit off topic. Thank you for your time. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.K.S.

Ranking system 1 year 4 months ago #387424

• V.K.S.
  • Thank you received: 1
Muy de acuerdo. Por un lado preguntarse ¿Como hacer para que zuperman gane dinero por su creación? y por el otro ¿Como no frustrar a los jugadores?
Pienso que la forma de reclutar pilotos para el juego es otorgar hasta el nivel 10 de pase libre pero para jugar con mejores aviones se debe pagar.
Alcanzado el nivel 11 para jugar debe ser suscriptor
Alcanzado el nivel 21 elegir guerra
Alcanzado el nivel 31 bajar valores de aviones y mejoras. Deben ser accesible.

en mi caso jugando 1 o 2 horas por día alcanzo a 5000 o 10000 puntos diarios. O sea, para solo 1 millón debo esperar entre 100 y 200 días. ¿es lógico que para jugar con un avión de categoría debo jugar varios años? Y eso que no se cambien reglas y aviones en el camino... Pienso que esperar 100 o 200 días pera para comprar una avión con full mejoras es un gran premio para el que todo ese tiempo fue suscriptor y que difícilmente abandone el juego después de alcanzarlo.

Ranking system 1 year 4 months ago #387427

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
i'm working on a better point system. But I have to finish the new physics engine integration first. I've been working on that for a month already, hopefully I can release it in the coming 2 weeks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Pegoud, V.K.S.

Ranking system 1 year 4 months ago #387428

• Buddah4Q
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 129
That’s great Zup! Thanks for all your work, much appreciated. Some good points VKS , maybe we will have a chance to give our thoughts on that when the time comes. Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.K.S.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.679 seconds