Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #312997

• BOAZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • sometimes my farts are lumpy
  • Thank you received: 1474
Zup my Kindle fire HDX says it has the proper os but when I go to the Google store it won't download. Am I screwed or does Amazon just require its own download down the road?

One beer two beer three beer floor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313008

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11899
Seems to be working ok so far for me. Samsung Galaxy S6. Haven't run into any other players though so far in the 2 or 3 games I've played today...just as well, I've never played this on a phone before so if you do see me in a game be gentle lol...

And it only seems to give me an allied plane...
Bannerless and naked. Whatever...

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313024

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138

[*M]Comet wrote: Seems to be working ok so far for me. Samsung Galaxy S6. Haven't run into any other players though so far in the 2 or 3 games I've played today...just as well, I've never played this on a phone before so if you do see me in a game be gentle lol...

Yep, most people are still on Dogfight and not on Elite so you only see a few people during the day.
I'll try to release for Windows 8.1 tomorrow so we begin getting more pilots online.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Comet, WEREWULF, LaCajunAce

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313025

• WEREWULF
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 435

zuperman wrote:

[*M]Comet wrote: Seems to be working ok so far for me. Samsung Galaxy S6. Haven't run into any other players though so far in the 2 or 3 games I've played today...just as well, I've never played this on a phone before so if you do see me in a game be gentle lol...

Yep, most people are still on Dogfight and not on Elite so you only see a few people during the day.
I'll try to release for Windows 8.1 tomorrow so we begin getting more pilots online.

YES!!!! Let me at em, zup! Let me at em!

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313028

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2164
Zup

All I know about apps and devices are how to use them. The specs leave me dumbfounded.

Here are my specs and let me know if my tablet is good enough to play Elite. I flew twice but shortly in those game.

My biggest concern was that I was getting choppy, almost lag-like, motions. Meaning the play was not a clean, smooth flowing movement. Would it help if I cleaned up my tablet by deleting apps that I do not use?

I will do my best explaining all with supplying some ss as well.

LG V400 Android Tablet
Specs:
Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2 GHz Quad-Core CPU
1GB RAM & 8GB Flash Storage
Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat (I upgraded to 5.0.2 Lollipop)

The text sizes are huge. I have the name size set on low in the settings. You can see how big the player's name is as well as the percent sign on the carrier.

The player's name almost makes it impossible to see the enemy's plane. Also the enemy play appears in the middle of the squad name and the player name, sometimes it moves lower and gets completely covered by the player's name, and when I finally get close enough to that player their name finally appears in the right spot. It seems like the plane starts in the middle and as I near that player, the plane starts to drop down to its correct position.

Also the keyboard takes up too much of the screen.

*** percent sign is huge ***

*** can hardly see the plane at all in the next few ss ***

*** when I get close to the enemy plane, the plane finally appears in the right spot ***

*** most of the screen gets covered by the keyboard. It's because of the white bar where the text goes in by the "ok". Dogfight does not have this bar. Would be better to have that extra space on the screen available for play while texting. ***

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gustavo fire

Last edit: by D93 Big Gunzzz.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313029

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2164
Zup

One more thing. I noticed here on Elite that my on-screen soft home keys (home, back, recent, double screen buttons...you can see them on my screen shots above...the triangle, circle, square) disappear when the game is being played. That is awesome!!!

Can you make that also happen on Dogfight as well? PLEASE! I ended up pressing one of these buttons way too many times and lost connection from games. These buttons remain on the screen all the time in Dogfight.

Last edit: by D93 Big Gunzzz.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313039

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
Runs good on my Sony Xperia Z2 Android 5.0.2

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313040

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11899

D93 Big Gunzzz wrote: Zup

All I know about apps and devices are how to use them. The specs leave me dumbfounded.

Here are my specs and let me know if my tablet is good enough to play Elite. I flew twice but shortly in those game.

My biggest concern was that I was getting choppy, almost lag-like, motions. Meaning the play was not a clean, smooth flowing movement. Would it help if I cleaned up my tablet by deleting apps that I do not use?

I will do my best explaining all with supplying some ss as well.

LG V400 Android Tablet
Specs:
Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2 GHz Quad-Core CPU
1GB RAM & 8GB Flash Storage
Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat (I upgraded to 5.0.2 Lollipop)

The text sizes are huge. I have the name size set on low in the settings. You can see how big the player's name is as well as the percent sign on the carrier.

The player's name almost makes it impossible to see the enemy's plane. Also the enemy play appears in the middle of the squad name and the player name, sometimes it moves lower and gets completely covered by the player's name, and when I finally get close enough to that player their name finally appears in the right spot. It seems like the plane starts in the middle and as I near that player, the plane starts to drop down to its correct position.

Also the keyboard takes up too much of the screen.

*** percent sign is huge ***

*** can hardly see the plane at all in the next few ss ***

*** when I get close to the enemy plane, the plane finally appears in the right spot ***

*** most of the screen gets covered by the keyboard. It's because of the white bar where the text goes in by the "ok". Dogfight does not have this bar. Would be better to have that extra space on the screen available for play while texting. ***

My keyboard totally covers screen...can't see anything.

Thanks for not posting the screenshot of me saying I better get back to work...don't wanna get fired now...
Bannerless and naked. Whatever...
The following user(s) said Thank You: D93 Big Gunzzz

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313043

• #1 GHOST
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 86

zuperman wrote: Dogfight Elite Beta 1 for Android sent. It should be available as soon as Google copies it to your location.
The download link should be: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...hoboom.dogfightelite

Important: Facebook login doesn't work yet. I'm still waiting for facebook to approve it so meanwhile it only works with the other stuff. As soon as Facebook approves it, i'll release an update with it.

Since it is the first release on the wild, I have no idea how the game will behave. My minimum test device is a Samsung S4, so I know it runs well on it and anything faster. Let me know how it goes on your phones.

it won't let me put in my account#

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313051

• [*M]SnakePlissken
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1015
Typing brings up white screen.still not fixed for me Samsung galaxy note 5. And I've noticed bullet drop. with that much bullets drop there will be no more long-range shooting? But I'm not losing connection anymore. And I like the dirt runway.no more getting hung on the edge of the runway. :)

This is what I get when I try chat in game.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinkstar30

Last edit: by [*M]SnakePlissken.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313057

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788
I just loaded DF elite on my Sony Xperia Z2 mobile. Brake button not visible on simple cockpit.

One question:

I'm a Windows 10 player, when you launch window version, will I have to pay again to downloading the game.

If I download it on Pc and laptop, or if we reinstall will we have to pay again for each device as there is no option to install without paying.

I suppose we should be charged only once and afterwards one should be able to download the game for free (except the subscription amount) on any platform.

Kindly clarify.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313073

• BULLET [M]isfit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4935

[*M]SnakePlissken wrote: Typing brings up white screen.still not fixed for me Samsung galaxy note 5. And I've noticed bullet drop. with that much bullets drop there will be no more long-range shooting? But I'm not losing connection anymore. And I like the dirt runway.no more getting hung on the edge of the runway. :)

This is what I get when I try chat in game.

Me too.

Also using toggle option plane is extremely sluggish turning.

Also i try to shrink name tag but yet its still huge.

I too have a note5

If you see me, remember I see you too!!

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313076

• BULLET [M]isfit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I shrink and save my name tag yet still big tags. Plane is in the middle.

The following user(s) said Thank You: D93 Big Gunzzz, diaoblique, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313089

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
Brake button doesn't change to show if brakes are on or off. Do you have any plans to add rudder control?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313123

• BULLET [M]isfit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MORAF 21 wrote:

zuperman wrote: Ok, I've just uploaded a new version with more fixes and I also allowed support for Intel chips and OpenGL 2. What this means is that way more people will have their device listed as supported on the store, BUT, and this is a huge BUT... if your device is not fast enough the game will run really slow!

Dogfight Elite has lot of graphical stuff that is not running on cheap devices. My minimum test device on Android is a Samsung S4, and on there it runs "ok". Meaning, it doesn't run fast. It's the minimum.

So anything with a slower chip (basically any tablet or phone that cost less than $200 I believe), I would doubt that it runs fast on it. I can't guarantee it at all so if you have a phone or tablet that runs it well, please let us know so that others know they can use it.

Now replying to the comment:
-Frequent fps drops, particularly when flying low. <-- fps drop = your device is not powerful enough for the game
-No home screen graphic. <-- it's not there yet
-When entering the game, the title screen is completely out of proportion. <-- fixed already, that's just android splash screen
-Typing brings up white screen. <-- fixed already
-Clipping textures, particularly in the distance. <-- not sure what you mean, textures always clip on distance :?
-Still no sensitivity bar, particularly for toggle. <-- you should have those on settings/controls
-Controls feel sluggish and slow. <-- because your device is not powerful enough
-All trees appear to be mere Unity assets haphazardly piled a map with no artistic cohesion. I mean, there are even trees in the lake. Why are there trees in the lake? <-- because sometimes there are no lakes and sometimes there are. If I do more creative stuff on a mobile device, yours wouldn't run slow, it would simply not run at all. So I had to decide to trim it on mobile.

-Chat lags severely, I'll often have my entire sentence typed before even seeing more than the first word in the chat box. As someone who avoids typos, that gets annoying. <-- because your device is not powerful enough.

HTC desire 526 runs just Fine.

I have a note 5 and its still slow

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313170

• LaCajunAce
  • Thank you received: 7

ZUP

PLEASE TELL ME WHY GOOGLE PLAY STORE SAYS MY DEVICE IS NOT COMPATABLE,

It is an Astro Tab. Model: A935 Android version: 5.1.1

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313177

• Redwasp
  • Thank you received: 81

Zupperman wrote:

I'll try to release for Windows 8.1 tomorrow so we begin getting more pilots online.[/quote]

was this a typo or is it going to be able to run on windows 8.1

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313187

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

I've been on using a HTC One (M7) works really well, but didn't see anyone else in there. The water looked better than I remember, but with trees forced on, my standard bombing run to the north base will need some adjustment.

ut malleus omnia similis clavum

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313308

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
Samsung Tab4 running android 5.0.1. Trees appearance flickers between grainy to soft blur. Water shoreline fluctuating rapidly. Tanks operation feels nice and smooth but sometimes it takes a long time for it to stop or change direction, coasts for a while before it stops or goes from forward to reverse.

Last edit: by [*M] bware.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313318

• S p o o F
  • Thank you received: 61
Zup,

just downloaded df elite from google playstore..running smoothly on my OPPO R7plus..only that, whyare there trees under water?.. :P and wc is in chaos. lastly, why are scores rank and coinz are all in halves?..good work in df elite.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313358

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I've just released another update and enabled Android TV support. So if you have an Nvidia Shield or similar it should run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baby Crockett, [GI2] Grim Repo, onekill

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313386

• [GI2] Grim Repo
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SQUIBBILY FLABBITY DOO
  • Thank you received: 399
Hey Zup. Kept getting kicked from game and getting a message "unfortunately dogfight elite has stopped working". It would let me send a report to Google so I didn't know if It was on the game end, my end or Google's but figured I would just post it in case it was something you needed to know. I am playing on an Asus tablet running Android 4.4.2.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313521

• diaoblique
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2113

This is an issue for df elite. You cant see the plane at all and name tags cant be adjusted
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313541

• BULLET [M]isfit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Zup.

Note5 user/android

Keyboard issue is fixed i can now type while seeing the field in front of me and not just a keyboard so thank you.

Unfortunatly no matter what i do i cannot change size of name tag. Cannot see the plane until i am nose to nose w it then it drops.belwlow name tag.

Also i have shot down more than my fair share from parachute and tank.

Had plane in sights w tank several times but cannot shoot the plane w tank. I have tried aiming slightly over plane like in df 1. Also i have tried aiming slighty under and dead on. Cannot hit plane with tank.

From the parachute. When you jump the soldier is turned to the side so incoming plane has the definite advantage.

It also seem like i am shooting blank.lol from the parachute that is. I know how to aim in tank and chute but aiming is way off. Cannot hit planes from either tank or chute

Thank you

Bullet

Last edit: by BULLET [M]isfit.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313555

• BULLET [M]isfit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
One other thing i noticw is a difference between df1 and elite.

While flying in df elite with NO BOMB plane is still slugish. I can turn and roll just as quick if not quicker in df1 with 1 or 2 bombs than i can in df elite w no bomb.

Airspeeds are the samew a bomb and w/o in both versions. However maneuverability in df elite is very slow and sluggish

Last edit: by BULLET [M]isfit.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313596

• DD| Mr. Brandman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Why not have fun killing your friends?
  • Thank you received: 325

DD| Mr. Brandman wrote: Idk if this has been asked/answered, but will it free to download eventually and take a shape similar to now or will it always be $.99 to download

I do not believe this question has been answered zup
The Brandyman can.....

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313602

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788
Zuperman replied to this question Brandman:

Dognamitt, you pay once per platform the first time it is downloaded. So if you have 3 computers or 3 androids... it doesn't matter. You would pay only once per platform. Just remember to log into your same account: your google account for android or your windows account for windows 8.1. The store remembers all your purchases and it downloads them for free the second time.

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313627

• TOPH
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 181

works good on note 5
[/IMG]

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313674

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I've just sent another update to Android:
Fixed keyboard not displayed on some Android phones.
Fixed name tags size. You can now adjust them on settings/graphics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, dognamitt, Gustavo fire

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Android 8 years 2 months ago #313691

• 6gun
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 165
Played with kindle hdx ran good,i like the graphics. Name tag to big cant find plane in tag

Time to create page: 0.739 seconds