Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite through the years 1 year 10 months ago #386011

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Just for fun. Here is a screenshot of how Dogfight was back in 2009. This was already in multiplayer and this was the central side (german) base.

The yellow arrows on the left side were the throttle. It stayed there for several years. The camera on the top right side was the third-person view switch. The menu button was in the cabin. Also, the resolution was pretty bad. The iphone 2g/3g had a resolution of 320x240 pixels. That's why it looks so bad.

And there is even a video from 2009. The game didn't even have a name back then. I called it "airplane" while I was deciding. I took me a few more weeks until I settled for Dogfight.

In 2011 I made a lot of improvements. If you played back then, you also know that the soundtrack and all audio were very different. Here I have a video of 2011 after I released an update. That music you hear in the background was the temporary soundtrack of Dogfight. The game didn't even have its own website back then. And the water was just a texture, there was no water. It was painted on the terrain.

In May 2011 I added the parachuter. It was a character I was creating for a different game that looked like a cartoon.

In June 2011 I finally added tanks to the game.

By December 2011, the first official trailer of the game was released. It had multiplayer, tanks, airplanes, and a walking soldier. You could also chat with other people in the game. And it finally had its soundtrack. The water was still just a painting. There were no details in terrain or trees.

In 2014, things had improved a bit. There was finally water and also some trees.

Here was the allied airport and the soldier. It looked pretty cartoony.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, baron rojo, Phillipson, [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Gannet, [NLR]Mysterio, Alex Galt and 5 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Dogfight Elite through the years 1 year 10 months ago #386014

• Pegoud
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Be brave and have fun !
  • Thank you received: 1983

A long way to go !!!
Well done Zuperman !
I love your game for 5 years already !
Thank you !
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Alex Galt

Dogfight Elite through the years 1 year 10 months ago #386018

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
Yes Zuperman the game has improve so much, thank you for all the years of dedication and hard work to make a better experience for all of us. Love the game from the start and after all this many years is still fun. 
thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, ZebraUp, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Alex Galt, Pegoud

Dogfight Elite through the years 1 year 10 months ago #386021

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the less you reveal, the more people can wonder
  • Thank you received: 1003
I still remember when you released the anouncenent for elite: web.archive.org/web/20150122014432im_/ht...234254-h264_high.mp4

i must say when i see game now im more then happy with what you created :) df1 was great with lot of players but now its so evolved in good way, lots of great new stuff, good job zup!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Pegoud

Dogfight Elite through the years 1 year 10 months ago #386038

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Here's some vintage DFE  :)

A don't forget the flying tank! ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, frits, Pegoud

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Dogfight Elite through the years 1 year 10 months ago #386049

• frits
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 711

[NLR wrote: McFate post=386038 userid=28805"]Here's some vintage DFE  :)

A don't forget the flying tank! ;)

Where did the map of the first 2 movies go? This is just beautiful and makes the game much more realistic. It would be nicer to have a landscape like that than a dragon or a fox in the game.

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/16c59jo.jpg[ [img]https://i.imgur.com/2bVsstZ.png[/img]

i.imgur.com/RllEZWy.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Last edit: by frits.

Dogfight Elite through the years 1 year 10 months ago #386052

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
The landscape like that was just for the video, it was never implemented in the game. I tried but didn't run well at all in mobile. It made phones super slow and most ran out of memory. I've been trying for years to improve the terrain but I'm always waiting on newer phones. Many people are still using 4 to 5 years old devices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, frits, Dunc7, Pegoud

Dogfight Elite through the years 1 year 10 months ago #386059

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Dogfight was my first ever multiplayer online game and i quickly fell in love with it and the wonderful people playing it!

I will always be appreciative of the work and dedication you put into this game Joaquin-!
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Acegirl, Skeeter72{WP}, Pegoud

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Dogfight Elite through the years 1 year 10 months ago #386064

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Bonitos tiempos, sin duda paso mucho desde mi primer combate,siempre lo recordare,esas balas rectas del demonio y esos giros fantásticos,recuerdo el lio que se firmó con el V8,madre mia,era una maquina de matar de hecho lo quitaste del juego mucho tiempo,hasta que por fin lo volvimos a ver,y la alegría de poder conseguir el avion cebra,precioso llegar a Moraf todo un reto.Tantas horas dedicadas a el,y cuando cree los escuadrones hasta 4 una pasada,lo pasábamos increíblemente bien,tantos buenas pilotos y buenas personas que no se olvidara nunca,muchas gracias Joaquín por todo,sigue siendo un juego genial,el único al que muchos de nosotros jugamos
Sí somos gamers gracias a este maravilloso juego y por supuesto gracias a ti por crearlo,ha mejorado mucho pero también es bonito recordar lo que era y como se jugaba.Me hubiese encantado que hubieses logrado el gran juego Élite que querías,sigue siendo un placer jugar a este juego aunque no fuese tu meta,recuerda tu meta aun esta muy lejos,cada vez es mejor gracias!por todo tu trabajo y dedicación.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Acegirl, Pegoud

Last edit: by baron rojo.

Dogfight Elite through the years 1 year 2 months ago #387781

• [NLR]*XxXxX*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 594

Became a dogfight pilot in 2011 and still love it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Pegoud

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds