Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Distance a bullet drops 3 years 2 weeks ago #382481

• Sir Stuart
  • Sir Stuart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 31

Is there a way I can determine the distance a bullet will drop.

In four weeks, I have been shot down over 500 times. In the older version of Dogfight, I was not shot down that many times in 6 years. I understand from some of the present player, in the old game bullets flew straighter. Now they drop, a lot.

Howver, I have been playing with several players, that have allowed to practice shooting at them. I still cannot kill them. 

I have shot over their box, from a distance, at medium range and close. Didn’t kill them.
I have shot just over the plane, (inside the box), from a distance, medium range, and close. Didn’t kill them
I have shot right at them, from a distance, medium range, and close. Didn’t kill them
I have shot below the plane, and nothing. 

The higher tier planes, shot me down with one burst of shots.  I have to shot 50 times or more, at a approaching plane and the enemy plane just has passed me. 

I don’t mine getting shot down, I am just trying to find out why I can’t seem to destroy any planes. 

I have been told to shot high over the box. Just above the plane. Even right at the plane. But nothing works.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: TFL alwaystrouble, Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Distance a bullet drops 3 years 2 weeks ago #382482

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Touch the sky with glory!
  • Thank you received: 523
Back in DF1, bullets were basically lasers, they go straight and won’t go down, up or anything. Here, we now have bullet physics, they fall down because of gravity, and take time to reach targets.
Let’s locate where we can find this bullet drop and improve it
- in hangar, where your planes are, you’ll see some icons with bars above. These are “upgrades”
- the bullet drop is represented by a bullet icon. The more bars, the better

One of my buddies made a post showing aim points for different drop levels  here
Oh, and I’m showing this pic once again, you need to lead your target to hit them
​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, nebular, Pegoud, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sir Stuart

Distance a bullet drops 3 years 2 weeks ago #382484

• Sir Stuart
  • Sir Stuart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 31

I have three bars. So what exactly does that mean.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sikorsky

Distance a bullet drops 3 years 2 weeks ago #382485

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034

I have three bars. So what exactly does that mean.

Upgrade... 1. improve, better, update, reform, add to, enhance, refurbish, renovate, remodel, make better, modernize, spruce up, ameliorate  2. promote, raise, advance, boost, move up, elevate, kick upstairs (informal), give promotion to

The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Last edit: by nebular.

Distance a bullet drops 3 years 2 weeks ago #382487

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Touch the sky with glory!
  • Thank you received: 523
The bars show the “stage” of the property. For example - 2 bars out of 5 on speed means it’s at stage 2 but can be upgraded to 5. More bars = better, increased etc. it can be upgraded using your in-game points

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sir Stuart

Distance a bullet drops 3 years 2 days ago #382528

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
I'm working on a practice mission where you can test the different bullet drops at different distances. Hopefully for next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter, Gannet, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Alex Galt, Pegoud, Montymor., Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel and 4 other people also said thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds