Username: Password: Remember me
Wolf Pack Squadron
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356070

• Liljoe0872 {WP}
  • Liljoe0872 {WP}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 22
What's the proper thing to do when a squad mate, and now from what I'm deducing is an alliance with another squad, or an allied squad mate shows up in game on the opposing side. As far as I'm concerned, if they're red, they're dead. Apparently, they're not to happy when I shoot at them (the [Å/Ñ] guys). What am I supposed to do? Also, is there a way to exit and spawn in on a squad mate's team in the same game? Excuse me for my ignorance, I've only been playing for a few months, and this is my first squad, so I've been used to just lone wolfing it (Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwoooooooohhhhhhh!)(pun intended...)
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, Viper10{WP}, Skeeter72{WP}, S. E. Dailey, DireWolf{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Liljoe0872 {WP}.

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356075

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
well if it is iron maiden and hes part of your alliance your supposed to shoot him down first and pin him to the runway till he cries like a girl

littlejoe0872{WP-P} wrote: What's the proper thing to do when a squad mate, and now from what I'm deducing is an alliance with another squad, or an allied squad mate shows up in game on the opposing side. As far as I'm concerned, if they're red, they're dead. Apparently, they're not to happy when I shoot at them (the [Å/Ñ] guys). What am I supposed to do? Also, is there a way to exit and spawn in on a squad mate's team in the same game? Excuse me for my ignorance, I've only been playing for a few months, and this is my first squad, so I've been used to just lone wolfing it (Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwoooooooohhhhhhh!)(pun intended...)

The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, nightorado, StarsandBars

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356085

• Agent003{WP*}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • Thank you received: 968
Now, now, roy, you know better than to slander charli and confuse wolf pups.

Joe, if you are a subscriber you can switch teams. On the play screen, click world war 1 (or 2) and select one of the sides. If you're not a sub, I highly encourage you to become one, it's only a dollar or two a month and worth it to support the game.

If you aren't a subscriber, maybe you can ask the fellow wolf/ally to switch to your team since you can't switch. Otherwise howl, say hi, and fly on! Often times our allies don't want to fight if we are on opposing teams, so ask if they want to shoot or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356088

• Liljoe0872 {WP}
I am a subscriber. There's no guarantee that you'll spawn in to the same game, though. As for the squad mate on the other team, are you supposed to just let them shoot down guys on your team, and bomb your hangers, etc?

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356091

• Agent003{WP*}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • Thank you received: 968
Well, it depends. You'll have to work that out with them.

As zup said on another thread recently, there are only 4 possible servers. Two, america and europe, on each of ww1 and ww2.

Usually you should be able to find the game, and if you just joined it then its really not a big deal if you cant find it. Usually the person who just joined is the one to switch teams.

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356092

• Skeeter72{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Everyone has a plan, untill punched in the mouth.
  • Thank you received: 1949
I wont leave if I'm there first. And don't care if they stay red.

If I enter, and they are red, and I know them. Then ill try to leave and comeback. Or just find another game.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his". - George Patton
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356105

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Skeeter72{WP} wrote: I wont leave if I'm there first. And don't care if they stay red.

If I enter, and they are red, and I know them. Then ill try to leave and comeback. Or just find another game.

That's how I play it as well.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, DireWolf{WP}

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356112

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Así es por eso el otro día,te decía [Å|Ñ] que te pondas en tu nick el símbolo de la alianza
Y hable contigo sin conocerte por que heres aliado mio.Habla con tu líder o con alguno de sus mandos y ellos te explicarán todo.ok?
littlejoe. :) .

Roy heres amigo o hipócrita?,yo no lloro solo derribo y procuro enseñar a mis aliados lo que tienen que hacer al igual que viper y sus mandos.Yo no lloro y tampoco soy un hipócrita no pensaba que tu lo fueses,yo contigo me llevaba bien.No sabia que pensarás eso de mi
O no entiendo bien lo que dices.El idioma es siempre un problema para comunicarse,pero recordad que nunca debe ser un muro impenetrable.con ganas y buena disposición se llega a saber idiomas,o al menos lo básico.
Un saludo lobos.viper gracias por no dispararme en la captura de barco,heres todo un ejemplo ojalá!!otros muchos sigan tus pasos
Jim.un placer ser parte de esta alianza. :)

Last edit: by baron rojo.

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356115

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Solo fue broma mi amigo mi manchester humor (sarcasimo)

baron rojo wrote: Así es por eso el otro día,te decía [Å|Ñ] que te pondas en tu nick el símbolo de la alianza
Y hable contigo sin conocerte por que heres aliado mio.Habla con tu líder o con alguno de sus mandos y ellos te explicarán todo.ok?

Roy heres amigo o hipócrita?,yo no lloro solo derribo y procuro enseñar a mis aliados lo que tienen que hacer al igual que viper y sus mandos.Yo no lloro y tampoco soy un hipócrita no pensaba que tu lo fueses,yo contigo me llevaba bien.No sabia que pensarás eso de mi
O no entiendo bien lo que dices.El idioma es siempre un problema para comunicarse,pero recordad que nunca debe ser un muro impenetrable.con ganas y buena disposición se llega a saber idiomas,o al menos lo básico.
Un saludo lobos.viper gracias por no dispararme en la captura de barco,heres todo un ejemplo ojalá!!otros muchos sigan tus pasos

Last edit: by dognamitt.

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356136

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

If you rule out shooting at both Pack members and alliance members there are days you're going to have lots of matches with no one you're allowed to shoot at. :lol:
And I've been in a couple matches, even dogfight matches, when I was the only guy not in whatever the squadron of choice was; they refused to shoot at each other, but they had no problem knockin' sparks outta me. 3, 4 or 5 on 1 gets old pretty quick, especially if they won't let you off the tarmac. :pinch:
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, Viper10{WP}, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Liljoe0872 {WP}

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356138

• Liljoe0872 {WP}
What does this say? I don't know Spanish.

baron rojo wrote: Así es por eso el otro día,te decía [Å|Ñ] que te pondas en tu nick el símbolo de la alianza

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 2 months ago #356161

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Hola a todos,Roy perdona no sabia que tenias ese humor tan sarcástico ok estas perdonado lo intérprete mal. :) y viniendo de ti me pareció muy raro por eso me molesto más, por que venia de ti y yo me llevo muy bien contigo amigo Dog
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356507

• {BLK}{WOLF}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1669

Liljoe0872 {WP-P} wrote: What does this say? I don't know Spanish.

o that's why the other day, I told you [Å | Ñ] that you put in your nick the symbol of the alliance
And talk to you without knowing you why you are my ally. Speak with your leader or with one of his commands and they will explain everything.
Littlejoe. :).

Roy heres a friend or a hypocrite? I do not cry I just shoot down and try to teach my allies what they have to do as well as viper and his commands. I do not cry and I'm not a hypocrite I did not think you were, I used to take you Good. I did not know you'd think that about me.
Or I do not understand well what you say. The language is always a problem to communicate, but remember that it should never be an impenetrable wall. With desire and willingness you get to know languages, or at least the basics.
A greeting wolves.viper thanks for not shooting me in the boat, heres an example, hopefully! Many others follow your steps
Jim.A pleasure to be part of this alliance

Last edit: by {BLK}{WOLF}.

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356510

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
Ok. That bunch of crap. If you're in a game and can't stand the thought of shooting a squad mate or alliance member, switch. If you stay and DON'T shoot them, you're hurting your team, and are just going to piss people off. You're pretty much useless, so leave if you're not going to shoot.

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, R E Z, StarsandBars

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356521

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

Husky Dog wrote: Ok. That bunch of crap. If you're in a game and can't stand the thought of shooting a squad mate or alliance member, switch. If you stay and DON'T shoot them, you're hurting your team, and are just going to piss people off. You're pretty much useless, so leave if you're not going to shoot.

There is a lot of that going on last time I played. Switching would be preferred as your best option.

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356534

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

I gotta agree with Husky on this one.. if you're not helping YOUR TEAM win the mission it's almost as bad as teamkilling..

If I see an Lafayette pilot already playing as red when I spawn in I will immediately quit and try to come back on his side.. if however they spawn in as red in a mission I've already been playing in awhile and they don't or can't switch and don't say anything to me about it and I decide to stay then the golden rule of "If you're RED you're Dead! comes into play. If it's a dogfight mission then everyone is red and it's a no-brainer.. and believe it or not I am PROUD when one of my pilots can shoot me down in a dogfight mission!
I personally don't like shooting down my guys in regular missions and usually assume they can't switch if they stay seeing me as red so quite often I will just leave.

Now I realize this is a WP thread and I hope y'all don't take it amiss that I interjected my own 2¢ into y'alls conversation..
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, Viper10{WP}, {BLK}{WOLF}, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356539

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
a RED is a RED sorry it makes the game lame doing a (im not gonna shoot you because your carrying a squad tag )i like a balanced team or more reds i will swap to help a lone player and thrive on being the underdog.Ive lived my life full of challenges and i think game play should be the same.
i see a lot of players switching sides just for a easy game. i take my hat off to players like GAW/RT/FRITS and many more i cant name that have swapped to help reds when outnumbered even when they have a squad member on the opposing side. this is true sporting and honorable gamesmanship gj
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, StarsandBars, S. E. Dailey

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356541

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

I'll take it a step further. I see games every day where seasoned pilots in tier 5-7 planes load up on one team and just beat a noobie-heavy team like a rented mule.

Now it might be a problem in a WWII game (you might not own a plane in both factions), but how often do folks think about busting up the squad or alliance for a match just to help out the green pilots . . . instead of farming them for squad war points, and potentially turning them sour on the game?
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, Viper10{WP}, dognamitt

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356583

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

ZebraUp wrote: I gotta agree with Husky on this one.. if you're not helping YOUR TEAM win the mission it's almost as bad as teamkilling..

If I see an Lafayette pilot already playing as red when I spawn in I will immediately quit and try to come back on his side.. if however they spawn in as red in a mission I've already been playing in awhile and they don't or can't switch and don't say anything to me about it and I decide to stay then the golden rule of "If you're RED you're Dead! comes into play. If it's a dogfight mission then everyone is red and it's a no-brainer.. and believe it or not I am PROUD when one of my pilots can shoot me down in a dogfight mission!
I personally don't like shooting down my guys in regular missions and usually assume they can't switch if they stay seeing me as red so quite often I will just leave.

Now I realize this is a WP thread and I hope y'all don't take it amiss that I interjected my own 2¢ into y'alls conversation..

No problem at all. Your opinions/views are always welcome. :)

What you describe above should be SOP for all squads in my opinion

I suspect the current method of tallying sw points has created this monster.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, {BLK}{WOLF}, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356589

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
I like to fly with my squad-mates when I can but changing sides rarely works anymore, I also like to test myself against my brothers to see how I stack up and will usually try to make it a turn fight rather than a head on shoot out but it's all good natured fun and a good opportunity for training. I will always shoot at a player flying with a squad tag first because they are generally better players although that's not always the case.
I still am not totally understanding the alliances and how they are supposed to work.

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!
The following user(s) said Thank You: {BLK}{WOLF}, S. E. Dailey

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356688

• {BLK}{WOLF}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1669
i agree with u guys !!! games are for fighting u never know how hard u can hit till u push yourself to do so !!!!! u will never become a power lifter just lifting the bar !!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooo
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356706

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
guys what are you talking about? If someone even a squad member or alliance shows on the opposite side, you kill them. Period.
There are no point deductions whatsoever on killing them if they are your enemy in the game.

As for the alliances, they are bullshit. You have your squad, what's the point of not shooting other squads? You gain nothing aside from wait until death to find someone to be an enemy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, TXLAWMAN, ZebraUp, dognamitt, Husky Dog, EgorDogg{WP}, uncertainty, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by zuperman.

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356709

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11899

zuperman wrote: guys what are you talking about? If someone even a squad member or alliance shows on the opposite side, you kill them. Period.
There are no point deductions whatsoever on killing them if they are your enemy in the game.

As for the alliances, they are bullshit. You have your squad, what's the point of not shooting other squads? You gain nothing aside from wait until death to find someone to be an enemy.

I wish I could leave a thank you (can't now since forum changed over)...hell, I wish I could leave two or three...that was awesome
Bannerless and naked. Whatever...
The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by [*M]Comet.

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #356710

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

I don't know Zup,

In theory, if you could con, coerce, pontificate and /or bamboozle enough “allied” pilots (those are preferably the talented ones) into not shooting at you while you mercilessly eviscerate the rest of the chattel (aka the pilots who aren’t in the grand alliance, preferably most of them are the inexperienced, less talented ones since they still get to shoot at you) . . . if you could get it to work, it could be a reasonably profitable farming scheme. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: {BLK}{WOLF}

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #357020

• EgorDogg{WP}
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I Am Protective And Defensive Of My Wolf Pack
  • Thank you received: 480

I love my Pack.
I have respect for our allies.
But, I was taught and I believe....
Red is Dead.
Sorry if this offends.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, Cypher7{WP}, S. E. Dailey

Proper etiquette when squadron mate joins game as 7 years 1 month ago #357025

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
For me it was always difficult to switch sides so I never bothered. Also it was just always fun to go against another GI because I knew it was always going to be a good fight.

HB was my mentor, and when I would finally start getting the upper hand on him, we both celebrated.

If there was a real squad war, where different squads were going against each other, then it would be another issue, but as it is, just do the best for your team, and enjoy going against your squad mates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

• Page:
Moderators: Digger {WP}DireWolf{WP}
Time to create page: 0.871 seconds