• Page:

TOPIC:

Navmed on light duty 7 years 9 months ago #336410

• navmed
  • navmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 684
Guys, I have a neck injury. I have a compartment syndrome type of situation going on in my right arm. from the base of my ne
ck to the tip of my fingers I have painful tingling and numbness. Too much use and its pain med time. Ice is temporarily useful. I can't lay on my right side.

I can not tilt my head back to empty a bottle of gator aid. I am about to go look for that hatchet in the shed. I hurt non stop, all day. I dont evenknowhowit happened...
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Cypher7{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Navmed on light duty 7 years 9 months ago #336412

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

navmed wrote: Guys, I have a neck injury. I have a compartment syndrome type of situation going on in my right arm. from the base of my ne
ck to the tip of my fingers I have painful tingling and numbness. Too much use and its pain med time. Ice is temporarily useful. I can't lay on my right side.

I can not tilt my head back to empty a bottle of gator aid. I am about to go look for that hatchet in the shed. I hurt non stop, all day. I dont evenknowhowit happened...

thats a bummer bud. You are our best recruiter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, navmed

Navmed on light duty 7 years 9 months ago #336443

• DireWolf{WP}
  • In all of us lies a wolf..waiting.
  • Thank you received: 2604
Hey Navmed,

Feel better soon! Hang in there and get some rest.

GhostWolf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, navmed

Navmed on light duty 7 years 9 months ago #336450

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
a chiropractor sounds in order...ASAP
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP}

Navmed on light duty 7 years 9 months ago #336456

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Physical therapy time I suspect. Take care of yourself navmed, and get better soon. We need you off light duty and in shape to fly and slay those reds.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP}

Navmed on light duty 7 years 9 months ago #336484

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

For a guy on light duty, Nav sure just did a bang up job of waxing my rear in a CTC match. :lol:

I haven't spent that much time in a chute since jump school. :oops:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Fallen [M]isfits, DireWolf{WP}

Navmed on light duty 7 years 9 months ago #336485

• Fallen [M]isfits
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i dont play nice ..with others...100 % Misfit
  • Thank you received: 1955
lmao ...yup nav is gud player..always fun facin him...hope he gets better soon :whistle:

or not ..so he don't kill me to much :blink:

Navmed on light duty 7 years 9 months ago #336522

• navmed
  • navmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 684
the pain has beken low today but Im trying not to hunch over .That position is likely the cause of it all. I reset my tablet to accomadate a more upright posture and it looks like it helps. Playing only on elite now. I removed the old game. I may not feel good enough to play much but ya never know.

By the way navy vets, they are looking into gender nuetral titles for enlisted rates. Hospital Corpsman could soon be Hospital Corps Technician or Health care Technician. I like the first one, at least we can still be part of the hospital corps , the ONLY enlisted Corps in the military. There issupply, medical,nurse,etc but those are all officers. I do not want future generations to not know what a corpsman is.

Last edit: by navmed.

Navmed on light duty 7 years 9 months ago #336537

• may day
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 715
Navmed
I went thru the same condition you are currently in now. It was very painful for along time. I had 9 months of physical therapy and the condition persisted. I ended up getting an mri and having surgery. They replaced 3 disks in my spine. Thank god I had good medical insurance because the surgery cost was $97,000 . I just had to pay a very small fraction of the cost. I found the very best nerosurgion in Pittsburgh at one of the best hospitals and had it done. Today I am pain free no numbness or symptoms. I can run,jump ,lift weights and do anything I want. After looking back on this the only regret I have is going thru physical therapy and not getting the surgery right away. The insurance companies want you to go thru the therapy in hopes of not having to pay for the surgery. Obviously every condition is different from patient to patient. If I had one word of advice to you it would be this. Don't be afraid of surgery find a good neurosurgeon and have it done. I am sure glad I did because it changed my life. Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

Navmed on light duty 7 years 9 months ago #336570

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

navmed wrote: the pain has beken low today but Im trying not to hunch over .That position is likely the cause of it all. I reset my tablet to accomadate a more upright posture and it looks like it helps. Playing only on elite now. I removed the old game. I may not feel good enough to play much but ya never know.

By the way navy vets, they are looking into gender nuetral titles for enlisted rates. Hospital Corpsman could soon be Hospital Corps Technician or Health care Technician. I like the first one, at least we can still be part of the hospital corps , the ONLY enlisted Corps in the military. There issupply, medical,nurse,etc but those are all officers. I do not want future generations to not know what a corpsman is.

Wow. I retired at the right time. Not to be political but the democratic party has traditionally been unfriendly to the DoD, and I can recall during the Clinton administration a directive came down that prohibited making jokes and bad mouthing the president. LOL gotta love politics.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

• Page:
Moderators: Digger {WP}DireWolf{WP}
Time to create page: 0.547 seconds