Username: Password: Remember me
Wolf Pack Squadron

TOPIC:

Question of the Week 8 years 2 months ago #316511

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
I have a question, where is the line after which if you land and board your tank you are considered to be "glitching"?

I know on the south base you normally can't use a tank if you land on the slope of the hill going down toward the base but if you land at the top or just below the crest of the hill on the non-base side you do have the option of boarding the tank and you are immediately within range to hit hangers.

Last night I was in a game and I was attacking the north base where the hill slopes up to the plain of the base. I parachuted down to midway up the slope and got in my tank and proceeded up the hill till I got to the top and took out a hanger after which I was destroyed. One of the opposing players got quite angry and told me I was tank glitching, I disagreed.
Later in the game I parachuted and landed just below the crest of the hill and after getting in the tank decided to auto destroy because it did seem too close.
I landed a third time on the hill in the same game but it was way down at the bottom and I climbed all the way up to be destroyed before I could take out any hangers after which the same irate player told me I was glitching and that I was an SOB!
Personally I think he was just kind of butt hurt because I had been knocking him down all night.

I asked what was the line where you are glitching and the answer I got was if you land anywhere within range of the tank but I would have to say that if you land on that slope, if you fire a tank round you will overshoot the base by a Longshot because of the angle of the hill so it is not in range unless you fired one almost straight up in the air to lob one in which would actually be an incredible shot.

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Question of the Week 8 years 2 months ago #316534

• Lunas Wolf WP****
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is a Reflex Courage is a Choice
  • Thank you received: 747

pmoon1{WP} wrote: I have a question, where is the line after which if you land and board your tank you are considered to be "glitching"?

I know on the south base you normally can't use a tank if you land on the slope of the hill going down toward the base but if you land at the top or just below the crest of the hill on the non-base side you do have the option of boarding the tank and you are immediately within range to hit hangers.

Last night I was in a game and I was attacking the north base where the hill slopes up to the plain of the base. I parachuted down to midway up the slope and got in my tank and proceeded up the hill till I got to the top and took out a hanger after which I was destroyed. One of the opposing players got quite angry and told me I was tank glitching, I disagreed.
Later in the game I parachuted and landed just below the crest of the hill and after getting in the tank decided to auto destroy because it did seem too close.
I landed a third time on the hill in the same game but it was way down at the bottom and I climbed all the way up to be destroyed before I could take out any hangers after which the same irate player told me I was glitching and that I was an SOB!
Personally I think he was just kind of butt hurt because I had been knocking him down all night.

I asked what was the line where you are glitching and the answer I got was if you land anywhere within range of the tank but I would have to say that if you land on that slope, if you fire a tank round you will overshoot the base by a Longshot because of the angle of the hill so it is not in range unless you fired one almost straight up in the air to lob one in which would actually be an incredible shot.

ppl have been saying the samething to me but instead of destroying me they left me alone which gave me the chance to get close to their base when i was far away from their base and that is y i tend to tank in the middle of the map thats wut i do but pmoon there are many spots u can tank at the middle seems to be the preferred choice by higher ranks its a choice but the real choice is yours where u choose to tank as long as u are not as close to the enemy base as they say u r. anybody else have an answer cuz thats all i got.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmoon1{WP}

Question of the Week 8 years 2 months ago #316603

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
tank glitching is where you normally land on enemy territory and proceed to tank. If you are on other side of hill that is neutral territory. tank all you want from this location. It is no gimme either hitting hangars from this distance out. In this instance where player is getting burned at you for so called tank glitching. You can

1. Explain what glitching really is. Like purposely landing on there air strip anf farming pilots taking off or blowing hangers away.

2. Give him a smile and blow his base to heck.

3. Take the option not to tank in this match and practice bomb runs.

I feel all of these options are legit, I guess it just depends on the game your in. Hope this helps. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooo
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmoon1{WP}, Lêgïøñz, S. E. Dailey

Question of the Week 8 years 2 months ago #316657

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
Thanks guys, I normally would have blown it off but it was coming from a pilot that I usually have a lot of respect for (not a wolf pack member though). It was a really intense game and I felt like I was doing pretty good just to get in that close! I hope in elite the glitch is fixed so we dont have to make a judgement call like that.

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!

Moderators: Digger {WP}DireWolf{WP}
Time to create page: 0.606 seconds