TOPIC:

Planes and such. 7 years 2 months ago #355314

• Airborne Kiwi
  • Airborne Kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who said Kiwi's couldn't fly?
  • Thank you received: 518
Hello all! If you stumbled across this in search for a topic all about WW1 and WW2 planes, its your lucky day! Feel free to submit your own planes, it makes it that oittoe but more fun!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Planes and such. 7 years 2 months ago #355318

• Airborne Kiwi
  • Airborne Kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who said Kiwi's couldn't fly?
  • Thank you received: 518
I guess I will start with a plane I think should be added into our beloved game. The BF 110 C-4. The BF 110 was a twin engined heavy fighter/interceptor of World War two. Developed in the 30's by Messerschmitt for the Luftwaffe, it quickly rose to fame during the war, seeing action in Poland, France and Norway immediately. It was armed with two MGFF cannons and four MG17 7.92 machine guns in the nose. For rear defence it had a single MG15 7.92 machine gun. The BF 110's major weakness was in its agility or lack thereof. After the Battle of Britain the BF 110 saw action against the American 8th Air Force and in the Mediterranean, including Africa. Eventually, following the British night raids, some 110's were used as night fighters, equipped with radar to hunt down the various bombers that flew over Germany.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.727 seconds