Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Just looking for advice 8 years 9 months ago #273761

• [nlr] Cygnus X1
  • [nlr] Cygnus X1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 28
Hello everyone!

I come from the Aces High arena. Aircraft had made a big jump in pretty much all aspects. While the eight basics rules of the dog fight still apply. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I look at our game as a more level playing field. The planes here are turn fighters. The skill of the pilot is what wins the day.

What I'm looking for are you opinions on advantages /disadvantages of the biplane verses triplane.

Also I'm curious in your thoughts about what it takes to run the game properly when it comes to download/upload speeds. I've been told you get more on the upload side?

Please reply I really respect your opinion.

Hope everyone doing well.
[nlr] Cygnus X1
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, {O}__PREDATOR__, Acegirl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Just looking for advice 8 years 9 months ago #273762

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Tri-planes have more targeting area.. but Fokker Dr.1 is a plane I consider to be Dogfight's current 'Best Buy' as it can dogfight with top tier planes. The Sopwith Tripehound which is only 1 tier below top tier has probably the biggest targeting area in the game but handles really really well.

As for your internet speed.. well if it sucks it doesn't help with you lagging.. but most current problems the game has with lag is it having to wait for Apple to send out update. (it was either wait or the game's creator making it so no apple pilots could play)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, {O}__PREDATOR__, [*M]Skyripper, [nlr] Cygnus X1, NLR|MarksMan.

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Just looking for advice 8 years 9 months ago #273893

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Hey Cygnus!

I completely agree with Zeb about the plane performance and target area. On another note, you have to be very careful with the brakes or the Tripehound or else it will porpoise. It is very front heavy.
;)

A touch of game history for new comers:
For a while the Fokker D8 was available in place of the Siemens Schukert. It was a parasol monowing and was undoubtedly the "best" plane in the game. When it was first introduced to Dogfight, it was the only plane with the 5th level upgrade in all 3 performance categories. Zup eventually evened the stats by making the level 5 upgrade for speed available to the Sopwith Camel also. Even then, with the advantage of the smaller hit zone in a top performing plane, so many players seemed to hold out for the advantage of playing the German D8 that games were usually pitched against the brave souls still willing to play allied. (At the time you could usually switch sides by backing out then rejoining games until you got the side you wanted)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Acegirl, NLR|MarksMan.

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.503 seconds