Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371667

• RSWEIKERT
  • RSWEIKERT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 53
Please help me. I am fairly new to Dogfight Elite. I seemed to have chosen the wrong name because everyone calls me Lagger. I reset my router. No help. What can I do to stop this madness. The planes that I fly against are also lagging but I get all the complaints. I have a satellite internet connection. I can't change that. But if there is something I can try, please tell me. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, baron rojo, Acegirl, R E Z, RusselReaper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371669

• Stormbringer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may win the battle but not the war
  • Thank you received: 577

Rsweikert, are you sure you are lagging? We are all lagging . I am lagging too . Lag normally originate from wifi. People are complaining about lag not the pilot. The pilot doesn't lag. Some people complaint because they can't shoot you down and they are using lag as an excuse to pin it on you. I suggest you check your device or internet or better still get a partner in your squadron to countercheck if you are lagging. That will confirm it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RSWEIKERT, RusselReaper

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371671

• Stormbringer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

RSWEIKERT, I have sent a text to outlaw-war to help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RSWEIKERT

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371674

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
I think that Blue Fighter can give u some good recommendations hope he see this post. U should try to connect your PC directly to the modem using a lan internet cable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, OUTLAW_WAR, RSWEIKERT, RusselReaper

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371675

• RusselReaper
  • Be the best you can, in all you do
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Swei, I have played in a few games with you and against you, I have yet to see you "lag", admittedly we might not have been on at peak times. Regardless, i have found that if you appear to be lagging then the other players are lagging too; if not disappearing altogether for up to 15 secs at a time in my experience, of course it is frustrating, but a player cant be blamed for lagging, and/or accused of cheating. It is a connectivity issue and that cant be resolved by you, I don't think anyone would be that desperate to "manipulate" a game in such a way so as to win in that manner, There would be no point in playing then.
(ps: i'll be quiet now)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, OUTLAW_WAR, RSWEIKERT

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371678

• RSWEIKERT
Thanks Russ, One good thing from all of this. I left the computer to see a good hockey playoff game.LOL
Thanks also Ace Girl and Stormbringer. It is no fun playing against someone who disappears . I don't want it to be me. I wish I knew more about computers. I will speak with a co-worker and maybe have him come by and see what is what. Thanks to everyone for their help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, RusselReaper

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371685

• RSWEIKERT
Thanks, I checked the connections. Computer isn't even ran through the router. It is directly connected to modem so I reset it and now will go back and try playing again. Hope it works. Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Acegirl, OUTLAW_WAR, RusselReaper

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371696

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034

RSWEIKERT wrote: I have a satellite internet connection. I can't change that.

The problem may be that the satellite connection is good for downloads but uploads may be on a phone land line (at DSL speeds at best)
you need good connection speeds in both directions for 'real time' online games
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fullthrottle, RSWEIKERT

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371701

• RSWEIKERT
Nebular wrote : The problem may be that the satellite connection is good for downloads but uploads may be on a phone land line (at DSL speeds at best)
you need good connection speeds in both directions for 'real time' online games
Thanks for the reply.
I don't use land lines. Only have cell phones. I am not a big gamer but I have a co-worker that I am going to talk to today at work. He may be able to help. Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371702

• RSWEIKERT
OUTLAW-WAR wrote: Ace Girl has directed you to the man who can help you. BlueFighter is very helpful as you will learn and can give tips and advice on just about anything you can think of....
Yes sir, I am going to do that today. Thank you and ACE GIRL very much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OUTLAW_WAR

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371703

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

RSWEIKERT wrote: Thanks Russ, One good thing from all of this. I left the computer to see a good hockey playoff game.LOL
Thanks also Ace Girl and Stormbringer. It is no fun playing against someone who disappears . I don't want it to be me. I wish I knew more about computers. I will speak with a co-worker and maybe have him come by and see what is what. Thanks to everyone for their help.

The Bruins/Lightning game was great. The Sharks were dominated by Fluery in San Jose. While the Sharks had lots of scoring chances they looked outclassed by Vegas.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: RSWEIKERT

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371708

• RSWEIKERT
Go Bolts! :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371709

• Lone Player
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Play clean and have good reputation.
  • Thank you received: 671
Good morning RSWEIKERT, I was one of those who politely complained to you and suggested restarting your router, you volunteered to leave the room and return again and after that your game was better. You already have my dmiração as a honored player and that looks for to be honest for the fact to write here and to try to achieve improvements for all here. I hope you become a great Elite rider. His colleague Eduardo (Lone Player)

Whatever you want men to do to you, do to them first. Matthew 7:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, nebular, RSWEIKERT

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371711

• RSWEIKERT
Thank you for your advice and encouragement. I have had the pleasure to exchange texts with some real top notch people. I am happy to include you with them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371885

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Hola SW ,Yo me quejo de usted,pero no par que las entienda de mala formas,como con otros igual,cuando estas con tanto laging retraso o como lo quieras llamar,lo mejor es salir y logear el router si es PC.Sin no es PC sal y entra de nuevo o borra el caché del juego y vuelve a instalarlo.Asi los que están pueden jugar mejor,todo el jugador que tiene lag ,lleva ventaja pero sobre todo es muy cansado de perseguir ya que no hay manera de darle por saltos que pega.Yo salgo de los juegos si me.po dicen ,sólo que te lo digan 2 o 3 pilotos es justificado que lo tienes.Igual para frist ,le digo bunny pero nó para insulto sinó para que sepa que salta.Lo que fastidia es que te lo digan varios y sigan jugando.Pero para nada en contra del piloto sinó de la acción que no me parece la correcta al no salir, nada más que eso,que quede claro.Es muy cansado y Casi imposible derribar a pilotos con mucho lag y eso lo sabemos todos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OUTLAW_WAR, RSWEIKERT

Last edit: by baron rojo.

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371887

• Stormbringer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hi Rsweikert let me interpret what Baron Rojo or Charli8 is saying , you might not understand what baron is saying to you, this is what he is saying;
Hello SW, I complain about you, but I do not think that you understand them in bad ways, like with others like, when you are lagging behind or whatever you want to call, it is best to go out and login the router if it is PC. is PC come out and enter again or delete the game cache and reinstall it. If those who can play better, all the player who has lag, takes advantage but above all is very tired of chasing since there is no way to give by jumps that sticks. I leave the games if they say me, only to be told by 2 or 3 pilots is justified that you have it. Like for frist, I say bunny but not for insult but so you know that it jumps. what annoying is that they tell you several and keep playing. But not at all against the pilot but the action that does not seem right to me to leave nothing but that is clear. It is very tired and almost impossible to shoot down pilots with Much lag and that we all know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, OUTLAW_WAR, RSWEIKERT

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371890

• RSWEIKERT
Thanks for the help Stormbringer. I always try to ask if others see me lagging too. It is hard because every time I try to chat in game I get kicked to a gambling APP. I have left games when I hear more than one complaint but they generally come AFTER I have shot someone down a couple of times. Also there have been many times that after I have left the game that I have found out that EVERYONE had lag. So it is hard to always know when it is a legitimate complaint or not. Thank Charlie for me. Also tell him I have never doubted his honesty. Just lack of understanding. I will continue to try to be as fair as possible. If it makes him feel any better when he says I am lagging I am seeing the same thing so his plane is also disappearing and jumping. I make the best of the situation. Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, R E Z, OUTLAW_WAR

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371906

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Bien muchachos os deseo la mejor de las suertes en.esta.nueva aventura de halcones.un saludo a todos.

Well guys I wish you the best of luck in this.New adventure hawks.un salute to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OUTLAW_WAR, RSWEIKERT

Last edit: by baron rojo.

LAG 5 years 11 months ago #371908

• Stormbringer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Thank you amigo old friend :) Le deseo lo mejor a usted también viejo amigo. Los halcones seguiremos siendo fuertes como siempre.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds