Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Can't open the Game 8 years 1 month ago #324806

• ErickKY
  • ErickKY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Help!!!! Every time I try to open the game on my laptop, it gets to the opening page for a few seconds, then just disappears. I tried uninstall and re-installed. Still same thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Can't open the Game 8 years 1 month ago #324808

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

ErickKY wrote: Help!!!! Every time I try to open the game on my laptop, it gets to the opening page for a few seconds, then just disappears. I tried uninstall and re-installed. Still same thing.

I'm assuming you're talking about Dogfight 1, not Elite. I had the same problem a couple weeks ago. It would get to the splash screen with the planes or to the Echoboom screen and then crash back to the Windows store. I contacted Zup, and he said he hadn't made any change to the game, so it must be on my end. I wound up doing a restore of Windows 10 back to an automatic restore point from a week or so prior to the problem.

It seemed to work, but then I had the same problem again for an hour or so. Later last night, I could open the game again as usual. :huh:

The only thing I've noticed that I think might have something to do with it is that I had a couple automatic Windows updates prior to the problem starting.

Can't open the Game 8 years 1 month ago #324875

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

ErickKY wrote: Help!!!! Every time I try to open the game on my laptop, it gets to the opening page for a few seconds, then just disappears. I tried uninstall and re-installed. Still same thing.

Update your graphic card with latest driver and check. Post the display driver screenshot in device manager. sometimes Intel display driver takes over external graphic card driver (See below). Just check that angle too and if it do exist, just disable intel display driver, worked for me.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ErickKY

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Can't open the Game 8 years 1 month ago #324932

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

Blue, it sounds like I've had the same issue to me, but here is a pic of my system . . .
According to that, I don't have Intel(R) HD Graphics to contend with, only an AMD Radeon HD 6530D driver to go with my integrated graphics card.

I'm guessing it might be a case of Intel Inside . . . hiding? Is that something that is inherently present in Windows, even if you're running it on an AMD processor?

I would have thought that if the Intel driver was present, it would always show up on the Device Manager, but is it possible that it's pulling a ghost in the machine act on me, and only showing up randomly when the system reboots? That a lot of speculation, but it might explain why the problem is intermittent on my system. :huh:

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

Update your graphic card with latest driver and check. Post the display driver screenshot in device manager. sometimes Intel display driver takes over external graphic card driver (See below). Just check that angle too and if it do exist, just disable intel display driver, worked for me.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, ErickKY

Last edit: by S. E. Dailey.

Can't open the Game 8 years 1 month ago #324977

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789
Dailey your graphic driver is OK as it's not showing two display drivers. Keep your display driver updated or reinstall the original display driver from the company site after uninstalling the same.

Can't open the Game 8 years 1 month ago #324997

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote: Dailey your graphic driver is OK as it's not showing two display drivers. Keep your display driver updated or reinstall the original display driver from the company site after uninstalling the same.

AMD isn't putting out any more drivers for this series of video cards. There are two newer drivers available, but neither wants to work with my system. Apparently HP has some kind of proprietary version of the driver for their systems so you have to get it through them instead of AMD. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Can't open the Game 8 years 1 month ago #325075

• ErickKY
Under Display Adapters it shows AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics

Can't open the Game 8 years 1 month ago #325103

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

ErickKY wrote: Under Display Adapters it shows AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics

Interesting . . . might be a glitch unique to Radeon cards. :unsure:

How often and how recently have you tried to sign on? Does it always crash at the same point? The first time this happened to me it seemed to be a permanent problem, but since it has returned, it is intermittent.

Doing a system restore to a point prior to when it started fixed it for me the first time. You might want to give that a try, but as I said, the problem as returned, though intermittently. :huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ErickKY

Can't open the Game 8 years 1 month ago #325106

• ErickKY
Same point every time. I just tried it. No change. I will try to restore.

Can't open the Game 8 years 1 month ago #325167

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
or just get Elite... it works like a charm :P

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.463 seconds