Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

iTunes update not working 12 years 6 months ago #2692

• Hodge
  • Hodge's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I updated to v4.0.24 on my iTouch (ios 3.1.3 ) via iTunes a few days ago. Since then the splash screen is displayed, then after 25 seconds the system reverts to the home screen. i.e. I cannot get into Dogfight at all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: iTunes update not working 12 years 6 months ago #3238

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
It looks like it's crashing, maybe because your RAM usage?

If your iTouch is Jailbroken like my iPhone, go into Cydia and search "RAM Cacher". It's a program that expands your RAM and reduces clutter. All my apps run fast and clean with a high FPS.

Re: iTunes update not working 12 years 6 months ago #3241

• Hodge
Yesterday I downloaded Dogfight Lite from iTunes, ran it successfully, and then ran the upgraded Dogfight. It worked ! Very strange !

Re: iTunes update not working 12 years 6 months ago #3247

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13143
most likely you were just running out of memory (ram). Those are old devices. If you don't have unlocked phone, the best option it's to reboot it so it's clean without nothing loaded and then go into the game.

But you need a newer device, those are already going to be obsoleted by apple.

Re: iTunes update not working 12 years 6 months ago #3273

• Hodge
@zuperman:
>you need a newer device, those are already going to be obsoleted by apple.

Hey, my gen 1 iTouch maybe three years old, but it still works fine, and most apps still like ios 3.1.3. So right now I don't think the added value of a new device is worth the $$$. I suspect that my original difficulty was caused by a subtle 3.1.3 problem.

Re: iTunes update not working 12 years 6 months ago #3313

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13143
3.1.3 is the last 3.x supported version and no new updates will come out unless a major security bug is found. You only see the apps that support 3.1.3 on your store, that's why you think all apps support it. Because it's true, the ones you see, support it :)

It takes developers lot of time and effort to make sure that they run on a 3.1.3 device. From the dev community most people I see making games are just moving away from developing for it.

I'm talking games of course, since they are very hardware demanding. If you use facebook, email, twitter, calculators, apps... well, those don't need the full power of the device so they will just work fine even on an iphone 2g. It also depends on the type of games, 3d games requires much more power than 2d. Angrybirds can run even on a 5 years old nokia :P

Re: iTunes update not working 12 years 6 months ago #3332

• Hodge
Yes, I understand that downward compatibility is a problem, but whether it is worthwhile depends on how many iPhone / iTouch users are still on 3.x. I suspect quite a few!

btw, trivial point, I did not say I "only see the apps that support 3.1.3 on my store". I see that most apps in the store do still support 3.x. And I do see some that do not, especially those games that make heavy use of 3d graphics, as you indicate.

Re: iTunes update not working 12 years 6 months ago #3333

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
On my android every time I go on it won't load like ill hit multiplayer and the plane select will never come or it will and ill select plane and the game will never come up. Please help.
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds