• Page:

TOPIC:

Apple update coming 9 years 2 months ago #241775

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Ok, this sucks. Honestly. I was going to give you a few surprises on the coming update and I've been working until late in the AM daily to release them and then... bang, Apple updates comes and it crashes on devices older than 2 years.

The issue is that Unity made a new bug on the old terrain system: it doesn't detect there is terrain there. That means that when the airplane is trying to locate itself on the map, it thinks it is outside the map and automatically displays the "crash" popup. If you are lucky and get into a carrier mission, you can take off but as soon as you get out of the carrier or the water area, since the terrain is not detected, it crashes.

If you are lucky and have an iPhone 5, you won't have this problem because it uses the new terrain system. The new terrain is detected just fine. So don't go into settings and lower the graphics quality because you would go into the old terrain.

Anyway, hopefully Apple acknowledges my email for critical update fix and releases the update soon.

NOTE: the Unity bug is not on any other platform, so you can play on facebook, windows, windows phone, android or kindle without any problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, [*M]TBUILT, Rudolf Rednose, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [g]Aviv

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Apple update coming 9 years 2 months ago #241901

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Update! Apple just told me the update is going through the servers to the public right now.

IMPORTANT: I could not test this update. It was a critical situation that fixed the main problem that stopped people from playing, so if you are in that situation, update.

If your game is fine on Apple, don't update. Who knows what issues may be there when I didn't have time to test it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, Gizmo., Rudolf Rednose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds