TOPIC:

Dogfight 4.4.57 out! 9 years 3 months ago #232740

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Hi

This release fixed a whole bunch of bugs for Android and the new Android 5.0, but most importantly it adds the new server subscription system.
As many of you know, Echoboom almost went dead since most people play the games fully free. I'm actually the only one employee at the moment aside from the graphic designer. I had to let everyone go because there was not enough income to pay servers and people.

Things are not looking good, so I have to take a stand and stop the whole free for all model (specially because 99% of complains about lag comes from people who do not pay a dime!).

I've got better connections, better servers and more focus now that I'm back to be alone, but the system has to change so that it is a sustainable game. You can continue playing free (click the ads please!) but you will get on a queue behind the paying players. When the servers begin to get full, so that lag is mitigated, not everyone will be allowed to get inside. The pilots that support the game with a subscription will have full access and no waiting time. Everyone else, may have to wait until the servers get a little empty.

This way
1) It should mitigate lag. Less people playing at the same time.
2) It should mitigate cost for us, since we don't have to pay as many servers to keep the game running.
3) If many people subscribe, we are able to add more servers.
4) Pilots that support the game with $, get better service. It was not fair to them the existing system.
5) Hopefully we can grow the Echoboom team again and remember what being able to feed a family means. I think $1.99 a month is not a big amount to keep playing the game... less than a starbucks on a single morning!

Dogfight 4.4.57 is already out on Android and making its way through all other platforms.

Regards,
Joaquin
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, CalvinIsAwesome, [NLR]Jacob10000, Jetmaroo, Whiplash, _bts, [*M]bhfoust, YEMX, [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT, Gnasher and 35 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds