• Page:

TOPIC:

Spectator View 12 years 1 month ago #8329

• iQQi
  • iQQi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Sometimes, as a separate part of the game (not concurrently), I wish there were a separate spectator view (SV), one where you are not a participant, but able to watch and zoom in/out (quickly) and pan to get a better birds-eye view of the action that has occurred.

This happens indirectly in some of the games when there is a cluster of nearby activity and you are not in the center of it - fun to see from afar the maneuvers - especially avoidance and the acrobatic turns and how some of the hits register.

For example I'd love to have this spectator view of some of the flying pointers provided in other threads on how to dogfight and 'tricks' they use - like someone doing a stall and slowdown with a group on their tail and subsequently getting a quick advantage and kill when overflown. This movie 'documentary mode' would bring out interesting bragging rights too! Would be neat to replay the action from different views, maybe even slow motion.

I picture (imagine) Zupperman having a special theater setup that gives him an outside view of the action, as all info is flowing in/out of the 'central' server, and the SV supported via a separate application (delayed recorded data), sort of like a movie mode - a composite time sequenced collection of recorded participants/position vectors/action/and other state variables. The results available sometime after game termination by time slice and game ID. Not a real-time function, only recorded data with subsequent availability from separate sever

Thanks!
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Spectator View 12 years 1 month ago #8338

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
Yes! I've always wanted a Spectator mode. I'd hope the camera could move fairly fast however, for scaling the map. Either that or as you said -- it have a "cinematic mode" where I may follow players from a 3rd person perspective. Most games have a Spectator mode, I hope Dogfight will get one in the future.

Again, fantastic call!
The following user(s) said Thank You: iQQi

Re: Spectator View 12 years 1 month ago #8345

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
it sounds good, but there are some moves that i might want to keep a secret. plus, with the glitch where players are sometimes visible and sometimes not, it would be harder to get a good veiw.
See you in the skies!

Re: Spectator View 12 years 1 month ago #8349

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Slenderman wrote: I'd hope the camera could move fairly fast however, for scaling the map.

Totally agree - instant location to anywhere on the map so to speak - it is just a replay, so no reason not to be able to scale/relocate the point from which you are viewing the action.

As a side note, I love it in play when I get close (for a few seconds anyway) and see the actual outline/details of the plane(s). Big spike in fun for me. I'd like to improve my skills enough to stay with another - just to watch the view, and maybe do better at combat. :)

I do wonder if others have done any group flying where close enough to actually see the aircraft details for more tan a few seconds - might be an interesting option when squadrons get to flying together - heading out in a pack, would take great skill (like in real flying) to keep abreast and yet focused. Requires designated leader leading group into combat.

Fun...

Re: Spectator View 12 years 1 month ago #8351

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: it sounds good, but there are some moves that i might want to keep a secret. ...

Ah, now you caught my true motive! ;)

Re: Spectator View 12 years 1 month ago #8355

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
true, but its not that hard to stay straight. i dont think the game is high-res enough for you to see details, but I do lots of point blank fighting with low level enemies that I am willing to risk not firing at a distance to avoid wasting bullets, and then I blast them point-blank. it's fun, I get called a hacker, and i keep all but 2-10 of my bullets. :laugh: :laugh:
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gen. rock

Re: Spectator View 12 years 1 month ago #8936

• nikkil
  • Thank you received: 11
+1 right here. It would be nice to have this feature.
You're never a loser until you quit trying.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds