• Page:

TOPIC:

Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #7204

• veidar2
  • veidar2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Tanks might seem misplaced in "Dogfight", - after all the cyberworld is crowded with war games and shoot--em-ups of every conceivable kind. However, many users love them, and the design is good, so why not?

The tanks are, however, perhaps a little too easy to come by. Instead of having them pop up wherever a pilot is downed, they could be an option you could choose at your home airfield. After having parachuted down, you could choose if you wanted to remain on the ground, shooting at the airplanes, or to be taken back to the airfield and choose between a tank or a plane.

RESCUE MISSION

Alternatively, after having been downed, you could be forced to remain on the ground until a teammate landed close to you and took you back to your base, or an enemy landed and captured you, which could take you out of the game for a five minutes, or until an ally landed on the enemy airfield and rescued you.

A dedicated rescue mission or a rescue option within the "bomb the enemy airfield" mission would make the game more realistic, and would strengthen the cooperation and teamwork aspect, I think.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #7211

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
I think Zuperman has it perfect as is. Do you realize how long it takes to travel from one base to another in a tank? Add dodging bullets and avoiding certain terrain (too steep of hills, large open places that make you keen for enemy bullets, etc) and we're talking it taking a half of the game just to reach the other base.

About the repair and capture aspect -- you have a point, but how many players are willing to wait 5 entire minutes just to get revived when it could take less than a fifth of the time to simply respawn, take some bullets and respawn in a tank?

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #7222

• Chan the master
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • PlsDontShoot
  • Thank you received: 15
Wow well said Slenderman :cheer:
If you lose in the OUTSIDE, you will also lose in the INSIDE...I think

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #7229

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Thanks mate. :)

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #7265

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
well, actually there is something in between already happening if you have the latest android version and happen to meet me in game :)
I was testing it the other day. It's the walking soldier.

Currently what it does is that after parachute, you land on your feet and can move around walking. Crossing the area walking takes forever though, so a tank is respawn next to you. You can decide whether to walk or jump into the tank.

This seemly simple thing is taking me more than a moth to develop, because people move very different, i have to transfer it all through the network and also make sure that the game logic work (a person shouldn't be able to destroy a tank with 2 gun shots :P). I have to also see a way to get out of the tank and back in. Right now when you get into a tank, you can't get out.

The soldier is also there for other reasons... long ago (hey, see, i didn't forget!) someone requested bombers with multiplayers. With the soldier you will be able to jump into those and change seats.

Anyway, just so you know that something is in the making :)

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #7267

• |111th|Qazfdsa
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • [111th] Falcon Squad Founder
  • Thank you received: 70
Z come play dogfight now I must see the walking soldier I still havent
-Qaz

~=111TH FALCON SQUADRON FOUNDER B)=~

Player since Dec. 30th 2010. (estimate)

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #7271

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Very nice Z! I can't wait to see this implemented smoothly just as you have done with everything else!

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #7289

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I've seen the "walking soldier" message flash by on the screen a couple of times without knowing what to make of it. It will be an interesting addition to the game! Would the soldier be able to put fire to the hangars e.g. by shooting at them? As it is, hangars are unshootable, at least from a plane.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #7290

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
An armed soldier might be quite dangerous to a slow flying plane, like the parachutists are today, and would be a tiny target. Even so, if I were a walking soldier, I would like to have a few stones to hide behind, or a few small bunkers or trenches here and there to help me survive. :-)

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #7304

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
I personally believe soldiers should be able to attack aircraft -- however, in order to destroy hangars, they must walk up to them and "hold" some sort of button for 5-10 seconds. Shooting them would be too easy.

It would be incredible if Z could implement both jeeps & soldiers. And be able to select if you want in or not. The jeeps could be parked inside the main hangars with the door openings that tank users love camping in.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8014

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Tanks have become nastier lately. Yesterday one was sitting in the big hangar aiming right at the spot where planes appear and shooting everyone before they could even start. He himself was invisible, unshootable and apparently unbombable. Another player said it was because the used an apple device.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8016

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
I've seen this done, it's just a part of gameplay you have to learn how to counter I guess mate.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8018

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
That's an old trick.Thats why you don't want tanks to get to airport in all missions! You either have to come in low and slow between buildings and shoot thru door or suicide bomb by flying in and releasing bomb just before crashing. Part of the game that takes getting used to. I don't do it but to each his own. It's fun trying to take them out! Just doesn't help your crash score lol.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8019

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
I could care less about ranks, scores, etc. All about the skill man!

But I've found tanks fairly easy to kill -- no matter where they're hiding. Low'n'go!

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8023

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
i think tanks spawnkilling is kinda cheating, kinda because you could have done it in real life, but it would also be cheating in a way cuz in real life there would be infantry units that could attack the tank and destroy it before it could do a whole lot of damage. this wont be remidied with the walking soldier, as that is only usable after being shot down, not being spawnkilled by a tank. i'll admit ive done it, but have only stayed for a few minuets.
See you in the skies!

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8028

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I liked tanks better when they were new and nobody knew how to handle them. :-).
So there'no truth then to the claim that at times hidden tanks are unkillable? Then I just have to snoop round for a way to do it. I tried bombing through the roof and in the door, but with no effect. But then a tank is a small object inside the hangar and I would need to carpet bomb to be sure to hit it without seeing it.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8029

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The kamikaze method sounds promising. I must give it a try! :-)

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8031

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Tanks must have an x-ray radar to allow them to see and shoot through the door. I want one like that on the biplane!

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8032

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
And in real life you could have bombed the house to rubble around the tank, and you would have had more than one bomb, and the tank might not have been able to carry so many grenades etc. . .

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8035

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Tanks that are inside that warehouse usually expose themselves a bit to shoot. Simply slow down to 75% of your speed and shoot if you can. Or you can simply fly towards the opening, turn straight up very sharply and "fling" the bomb inside. I've done this several times.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8037

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Even if the door seems to be shut seen from the outside? I flew in low and aimed a bomb at the door, but with no apparent effect.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8040

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
I haven't found a way to shoot/bomb tanks inside buildings since Z closed the doors. I don't do the shoot-spawns thing, nor have I found a way into the buildings when I am a tank. I tried to be a tank and drive up to one in a building once, but he blasted me before I found a way in. Anyone care to share the secret or give a hint? ;)
Manfred

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8041

• Kazee83
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I agree with slender, normally I can find an angle that coming in very slow I can shoot a tank when inside the buildings. I love tanks - easy kills as far as I'm concerned when in a dogfight and they add a really interesting element to the bomb hangers game. Plus, it really is fun if you can make it as a tank to blow up the hangers. Actually, I wish I could spawn a tank in the "bomb carrier" game. Would be kinda fun to try and shoot those big moving targets from far away, although you'd probably be killed so quick you wouldn't have a chance unless your teammates were circling the carrier and blowing everyone to bits as soon as they took off.

So Z, if you're working on getting in and out of the tank, could you transfer that so you can get in and out of a plane? Would be kinda fun just to sit on your base/carrier as a soldier and just shoot the incoming bombers.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8045

• Seattle2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
I don't like that tank in the hanger tactic in dogfight, slow and low through the door seemed to work. Twice I've messages in dogfight to hold fire. While I bombed the tank and the noble pilots have let me play through. My suggestion is to make those brick hangers bombable. I love bombing the tanks...

Last edit: by Seattle2.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8047

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Hahahah, nothing makes me more mad than getting within METERS of the enemy base in a tank -- just to get blasted/killed. It's definitely an adrenaline rush though!

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8050

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I use my tank to defend myself, also to kill enemies in dogfight mode. I have killed hundreds of enemy airports with a tank. I think it would be amazing if we could turn into a soldier, but I agree with veidar2. That a soldier should have cover of some sort. A jeep would be awesome also, but I think it should have a machine gun on it!!!! :) Just saying that tanks should stay in the game, they are a very important factor in team play.
[img]i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/myatsoethet/squadleader.jpg[/img]

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8066

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
Hey zuperman I'm just a but curious but do you think we could see some pictures if the bomber your going to add and the walking solder maby Even the bridge becuse you did release pics of the albatross 3d models and the spad and the n17 allso could we hope in and out if planes to so as uf we where damaged in combat we could land the plane and get out and charg the enemy base with our littal solder killing aircraft.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8067

• |111th|Qazfdsa
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • [111th] Falcon Squad Founder
  • Thank you received: 70
I was the one who said its cuz he has an apple device on apple the main hangar is open on android it's not because android gets updates faster and apple takes months. Or at least now it is taking months. So in the apple version a tank can hide from android users there cuz with android it appears the tank is inside a solid building. I have apple and android so I know that :)
-Qaz

~=111TH FALCON SQUADRON FOUNDER B)=~

Player since Dec. 30th 2010. (estimate)

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8069

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
Yes us apples have waited a total of 4 months for Appel to give us a bridge to to play who can fly under and live or drop the bomb and watch the London bridge fall evan faster but with a bang insted of music lol.

Re: Suggestions for changes in the tank option 12 years 2 months ago #8071

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks. That explains it. But can you shoot through the closed door and launch bombs at tanks behind it?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.645 seconds