Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

General experience 6 years 3 months ago #369023

• LuMingYu
  • LuMingYu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi I'm new and wanted to introduce myself and give feedback based upon my understandings of dogfight and dogfight elite.

I discovered recently by dogfight. I thought the game was locked or buggy but decided to subscribe. That was frustrating. It didn't unlock anything or provide me with any information, I also don't know where to go to cancel my subscription to dogfight.

But I did finally discover the real game titled dogfight elite. And I purchased some things and in general REALLY like your design.

In order to keep this short I'm going to list what I think is totally amazing. Then a list of things that would improve the game for most people and defiantly improve it for me.
First part:
* the plane skins, and scope is very cool. To fly, tank or scramble on foot is epic!

* the visual look of the map and sky is submersive! I love hiding up in the clouds and diving out of them. Or twisting my way through the trees and down the back side of steep hills, rolling in the air through the bridge and all while being under hot pursuit from the enemy! This is like the stuff that's only in a dream!

* the flight characteristics feel good! Particularly for not being able to control the ailerons, rudder and elevators independently. VERY nice job, well done!

* the variety of multiplayer scenarios is good.

* the moving ships is a nice touch to mix up repeatability.

Second part of things I would change:
* a camera view that locks on to a target I select (within the normal viewing "look" range). In circling dog fights I can only see the orange indicator when I should be able to visually track by looking at my target.

* being able to adjust my controls for tank and walking. Having look up back when flying and look up forward with tank and walking gives me great frustration.

* since I play on a smartphone, I have terrible issues targeting. It's like handling nails with large snow gloves. My target is literally the size of a pin head, the target "crosshair" is acceptable in flight. The targeter on foot however is BARELY visible.

* in bombing multiplayer game there is no advantage to flying back to base to reload, when it's infinitely faster to "cheat" and kill yourself to respawn with a full payload.

* I'd like to see smaller upgrades to planes that cost less. So each plane may have very minor differences from player to player. The upgrades might not always be better for the planes balance. Some might give adverse effects like a right favoring body roll or wing tip stalls.

* the virtual climb is infinite without stall, which is too bad.

*the throttle control on the old canvas flyers where not as good as what you have. They where all on, all off and maybe had a half throttle. So to throttle control they had to constantly be "blipping" it to get the desired speed. But.. thinking about it, this would likely not be something I would change from your design after all.

GREAT WORK and THANK YOU!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Gannet, airwolff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

General experience 6 years 3 months ago #369046

• Artificial Intelligence
  • Thank you received: 34
I agree :D
There have been a lot of improvements in this game since it came out.
now you can upgrade and buy different tanks, buy more bombs for your planes, new game modes like capture the flag, upgradable gun for your soldier, and new features like being able to use the ship's gun and the climbing aboard the zeppelin. before, you can't do all these stuff. so expect new things in the future. :)

about a camera that locks on a target, (based on my experience) it wont help much because the airplanes are just too fast. in fact, you only have less than a second sometimes to push the button when your opponent appears on your screen in a turn fight ! also , crashing your plane is not always the best choice after using your bombs because you can let your opponent chase you and give way for teammates to use their bomb and its also a matter of stats (lol). btw crash and deaths are two different stats recorded separately.

well i still dont know because the game might change again after some time.

and watch out for the sun!! it might blind you when flying ;)
111th Falcon Squadron
Name:|111th|AI
The following user(s) said Thank You: LuMingYu

General experience 6 years 3 months ago #369069

• LuMingYu
The camera would be the most important add.

Let me paint you a real life picture. You're driving in your car when you come upon a sharp curve. Do you look into the curve as you drive or do you keep your vision locked straight forward? Unless the curve is very shallow and Mild you're going to turn your vision into the Curve.

If circling dog fights are the focus, which I would argue are 90% or more of every dog fight, then we need to be able to look into the corner.

I love the field of vision that has been programmed it literally tilts the camera back as though you're craning your neck. The targeter should remain fixed on the direction of the aircraft, and by doing this the pilot will be able to instinctively align his or her trajectory towards the trajectory of the target. No longer with the dicey head on forward firing shootout account for your best chance of success but instead the pilots true flight skills could shine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artificial Intelligence

General experience 6 years 3 months ago #369080

we have different experience, and i understand what you mean. you can look around your plane so you can see who's behind you. if you are using a touchscreen device, just drag the screen around to look around. if you are on pc, i don't know how to do this...
111th Falcon Squadron

General experience 6 years 3 months ago #369097

• LuMingYu
Yes we can look around with touchscreen, but not steer as we do so. I'm getting more use to it, in progression maybe one day I'll love it aye?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artificial Intelligence

General experience 6 years 3 months ago #369110

you can steer while looking around. but it's very very difficult to control because you cannot see where you are going. you can use the minimap so you'll know when you have vision on the enemy plane. you just have to focus at first, but you'll get used to it ;)
111th Falcon Squadron

General experience 6 years 3 months ago #369183

• LuMingYu
I picked up a controller to use with my phone and it has made a large difference. I can actually steer and look. However because there is no viewable targeter, it's impossible to use for even a few seconds in a turn fight.

Your right I am getting use to it. The recent update has been awesome too. Zuperman has been rolling his sleeves up!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds