• Page:

TOPIC:

Attention Zuperman regarding steam settings 7 years 4 months ago #350280

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Cypher7{WP}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
Hi Zp I am going to post some screen shots of the steam Game settings. I would like to no what influence they have in DF Elite, if you accept them as fair play and are in your opinion, okay to adjust,, and most importantly, Could they have a negative affect on other pilots game experience. This is the most important question I have I know it is small but in the circle there is a ping adjustment between 5000 to 250. That is a huge scale. I have been running at 250. What effect does this have if any. I feel the lower the number the better. Does this affect other players

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cypher7{WP}.

Attention Zuperman regarding steam settings 7 years 4 months ago #350281

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This here is launch options and is to broad a subject for me to explain in Coles notes style. If a player is curious please google. I am pretyy sure Zuphas a good Idea of what it is. I believe Zup, correct me if I am wrong, a back door into your game . Where Very smart computer programmers and hackers have a unguarded entrance to introduce gaming codes that over ride the developers. I have read up on this a couple of times. I strongly believe this has and is being used by some pilots. I will not point any fingers at any one specific. My point is and reason for bringing this up is to make sure you no about it and 2nd because I would like to make sure there is a level field of play.

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

Attention Zuperman regarding steam settings 7 years 4 months ago #350287

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Hi
Those settings are just for every game on Steam. Even if they are not used, they have it.
The multiplayer setting is for games that use Steam multiplayer servers (Dogfight Elite does not), so you can put any ping you want there, it has no impact because the game uses its own system.

About the optional parameters, it's just the same thing, some games you can launch with specific parameters like "run at 2048x1200 resolution" instead of the default one. Or "disable joystick". Dogfight Elite accepts no parameters, so whatever you put in there it will be ignored.

In short, nothing you see in there has any impact on the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}, airwolff

Attention Zuperman regarding steam settings 7 years 4 months ago #350291

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thank you for the clarification, and the quick response

Attention Zuperman regarding steam settings 7 years 4 months ago #350294

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
my steam is very thin and after it leaves the kettle just disappears into thin air can this be fixed ?

Cypher7{WP} wrote: Hi Zp I am going to post some screen shots of the steam Game settings. I would like to no what influence they have in DF Elite, if you accept them as fair play and are in your opinion, okay to adjust,, and most importantly, Could they have a negative affect on other pilots game experience. This is the most important question I have

I know it is small but in the circle there is a ping adjustment between 5000 to 250. That is a huge scale. I have been running at 250. What effect does this have if any. I feel the lower the number the better. Does this affect other players

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

Attention Zuperman regarding steam settings 7 years 4 months ago #350296

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dognamitt wrote: my steam is very thin and after it leaves the kettle just disappears into thin air can this be fixed ?

Cypher7{WP} wrote: Hi Zp I am going to post some screen shots of the steam Game settings. I would like to no what influence they have in DF Elite, if you accept them as fair play and are in your opinion, okay to adjust,, and most importantly, Could they have a negative affect on other pilots game experience. This is the most important question I have

I know it is small but in the circle there is a ping adjustment between 5000 to 250. That is a huge scale. I have been running at 250. What effect does this have if any. I feel the lower the number the better. Does this affect other players

You just have to boil some more H2o Bro and your all set

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds