Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 2 months ago #315405

• _bts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1091
I've only had a few games as I don't like plying on my tab.I have found the turn fighting to be quite equal,but you can't just go round and round and catch the red like you windows guys are used to!!You will have to learn the turn fight tactics.Until then you know what we tilt players have felt like!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, S. E. Dailey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 2 months ago #315408

• Skeeter72{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Everyone has a plan, untill punched in the mouth.
  • Thank you received: 1949

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

[GI]GhostWolf wrote: Just downloaded DF Elite. It stalls at sign in with FB--any suggestions?

Just replied, check your pm inbox.

I have the same issue as well.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his". - George Patton
The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 2 months ago #315411

• _bts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1091
Fire an email it to Zup.He sorted my email log in issues in no time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skeeter72{WP}

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 2 months ago #315565

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138

Redwasp2 wrote: quote=
- No more calibration scene. It is gone. Since now trees, water and clouds are enforced, I don't need a calibration entry scene. I still change some of the graphical things on the fly if the game detects your device is running slow (it switches to different quality of certain graphics and water for instance).

Does this mean that you want be fixing the tilt on the widows8.1 dell tablet? You say it is a problem with my tablet but if that was the case then every other app I have including Dogfight would have the same issues. The only time the tilt is backwards and swapped is one i play dogfight elite.[/quote]

@Redwasp2
I've just sent an update to Windows that should be out on a few hours. Now you have the option to reverse the up/down and left/right on the controls. That should fix your issue, otherwise send me that laptop so I can refer it to an alien facility.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, LaCajunAce

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 2 months ago #315567

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788
Sir zuperman give us atleast 80% sensitivity bar. You have removed it to give fair play but this time it's unfair for PC players. You can check yourself. Let it be 80-90% only for PC users. Segregation is not a solution as there will be fewers players then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 2 months ago #315591

• Redwasp
  • Thank you received: 81

zuperman wrote:

Redwasp2 wrote: quote=
- No more calibration scene. It is gone. Since now trees, water and clouds are enforced, I don't need a calibration entry scene. I still change some of the graphical things on the fly if the game detects your device is running slow (it switches to different quality of certain graphics and water for instance).

Does this mean that you want be fixing the tilt on the widows8.1 dell tablet? You say it is a problem with my tablet but if that was the case then every other app I have including Dogfight would have the same issues. The only time the tilt is backwards and swapped is one i play dogfight elite.

@Redwasp2
I've just sent an update to Windows that should be out on a few hours. Now you have the option to reverse the up/down and left/right on the controls. That should fix your issue, otherwise send me that laptop so I can refer it to an alien facility.[/quote]

First let me apologize for not making my self clear on the problem. I got the update and the controls that you added did nothing for the tilt controls. the joystick worked fine before. my problem is when i try to fly using tilt ON MY TABLET. I do not have a laptop.
I HAVE A DELL VENUE 8 PRO TABLET.
OPERATING SYSTEM IS WINDOWS 8.1.
I am not the only one with this problem. Werewolf has a windows phone with same issues.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 2 months ago #317092

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Sorry for being so quiet these few days. I'm desperately waiting for Apple and Amazon to release the game so I can move on with the next stage.

Meanwhile I'm rewriting the backend so that it fixes the issues with the chat, squadrons and name changes. It should be done by today with a new update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, nebular, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #317335

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

DF Elite Update is now available for win8.1 / Win10 on Windows Store.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #317730

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

DF Elite Update is now available for win8.1 / Win10 on Windows Store.

:unsure:

Really, that’s weird, I'm not seeing it on my windows store. I haven’t updated Elite recently, and I haven’t experienced an automatic update so far on Elite, but I will say that I’ve seen the following changes this morning:
OLD ISSUES:
  • Still having the same issues with clouds on mountains, shadows on buildings, and water everywhere having epilepsy. I’n not seeing it at all this morning
  • I've also noticed a clipping issue with the shadows on the roof of one of the buildings at the airfield. It’s gone . . . looks like maybe the shadows have just been removed from the building.
  • Still having the problem with the brake disengaging after a second or two at full throttle.
  • Another brake-related issue; you do not have to touch your brakes to start a reload. Once you land, the advisory to touch your brakes to start reloading flashes, but the reload starts automatically, even if you haven't touched your breaks. Honestly, I've never paid that much attention to it in DF so I don't know if it is working there or not. – This one is still there.
  • I haven’t had the opportunity to check the "Go get the enemy flag!" issue recently. I’ll remove this one, because I now believe that that is the standard reaction when you fly through any flag, in either game.
  • If I hit the ESC key to check status during a game, hitting it again will not close the status screen. It will only close by using the mouse on the onscreen resume button. It works correctly in DF so I assume the problem is not with my keyboard. This one is still there.
  • The win/loose screen that pops up at the end of a match is larger than the one in DF or is placed differently so that it covers the chat entry window. Kind of a minor thing, but it makes it impossible to give everyone the traditional “gg” at the end of a session.
  • Nametag size issue is still there.
NEW ISSUES:
  • None. :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #317766

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hmmm I already explained a few on the world chat about the ones mentioned.
1) Brake does not disengage. It is still there, but if you put it at full throttle it is wrong that the airplane doesn't move. You are placing a huge horse power into a little airplane wheel brake. So it begins moving and once it does it moves fast. Simple as that. The old brake system was completely wrong. It's not a bug.
2) You never needed to hit the brakes to start reloading. That message is there for newbies so they know they have to stop. If you slow down it automatically begins to reload, even without brakes.
3) The ESC key is something that has changed on Unity. I'm asking if they can roll it back but I have little power over that since it is very unimportant on their priority list.
4) The new match is larger, yes... maybe I'll move it down a bit so you can still type.
5) Nametag size issue should be fixed long ago. That's a surprise to me because I can make it as small as a one dot for the whole name. I don't understand why it fails for some :?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, nebular, Cypher7{WP}, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #317768

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804

zuperman wrote: Hmmm I already explained a few on the world chat about the ones mentioned.
1) Brake does not disengage. It is still there, but if you put it at full throttle it is wrong that the airplane doesn't move. You are placing a huge horse power into a little airplane wheel brake. So it begins moving and once it does it moves fast. Simple as that. The old brake system was completely wrong. It's not a bug.
2) You never needed to hit the brakes to start reloading. That message is there for newbies so they know they have to stop. If you slow down it automatically begins to reload, even without brakes.
3) The ESC key is something that has changed on Unity. I'm asking if they can roll it back but I have little power over that since it is very unimportant on their priority list.
4) The new match is larger, yes... maybe I'll move it down a bit so you can still type.
5) Nametag size issue should be fixed long ago. That's a surprise to me because I can make it as small as a one dot for the whole name. I don't understand why it fails for some :?

Hola Zuperman te envie un PM con un problema que tenemos en The Foreign Legion porfavor si nos puedes ayudar :(

GRACIAS!!!

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #317783

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

zuperman wrote: 5) Nametag size issue should be fixed long ago. That's a surprise to me because I can make it as small as a one dot for the whole name. I don't understand why it fails for some :?

:huh:
For Dogfight, whenever I open the graphics setting page, the name tag size slider is maxed out. As far as I can tell, it always opens with the slider showing all the way to the right, however, whatever size I had last set the name tag at seems to always be maintained in game from one match to the next. In Dogfight, I can also take the name tag down to a dot.

For Elite, the graphic setting page always opens with the slider at 50%. Once again, as far as I can tell, it always opens with the slider in the middle. The difference is, that whatever change I make on the settings doesn't appear in game. It is better than it once was; the planes are not hidden in the middle of a huge name tag anymore, but I've tried to take it all the way down to one dot several times without success.

I can't remember for sure, but I think that may be a change from how it was when I first downloaded Elite. I think it originally may have opened with the slider maxed out before one of the updates "fixed" it.

The slider has only effected the name tag size 3-4 times for me since the Elite beta launch, and then, the setting would not save from one match to the next.

Last edit: by S. E. Dailey.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #317796

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
what computer do you have exactly? and what OS?

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #317816

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804

zuperman wrote: what computer do you have exactly? and what OS?

Hola Zuperman te envie un PM con un problema que tenemos en The Foreign Legion porfavor si nos puedes ayudar :(

GRACIAS!!!

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #317853

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
what is the minimum recommended processor speed for the game to run as planned??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #317901

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

zuperman wrote: what computer do you have exactly? and what OS?

Check your inbox . . . I sent you an email with my system specs attached. ;)

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #318270

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
well something changed over night... :pinch:

went from WR 501 to 1698... :angry:

went from SQ rank #7 to #15... :dry:

and my coins doubled... :huh:

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #318271

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

Brother, can you spare a coin? :lol:

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #319072

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
btw, while I wait for Apple to release, I'm working on new stuff and I may post pics soon on my twitter account if you want to follow it twitter.com/joaquingrech
sometimes I post there screenshots while I work
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, LiLBaDGaL, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #319368

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
zuperman, I'm on pc with windows 10.

Now as soon as you get shot, you get message of connection lost and game exit

Kindly look into it at the earliest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #319373

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote: zuperman, I'm on pc with windows 10.

Now as soon as you get shot, you get message of connection lost and game exit

Kindly look into it at the earliest.

also was in a couple games yesterday when everytime i shot someone down they got disconnected...
and to think that i thought they just didn't want to ruin their KDR... JK LOL :P

Win 10 tablet...

Last edit: by nebular.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #319393

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
look for the update soon... Was on w/ Zup and he found the issue... :)

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #319449

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
yeah I've sent the fix already, it should be public in a few hours I guess
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, nebular, chickenlittle

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 month ago #319546

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
Got the df elite update for Windows. Issue resolved.
Thanks for prompt action, zuperman.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 weeks ago #323046

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

Status as on 1-Mar-2016 at 12:02 (Eastern Standard Time):

I recently picked up a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X joystick to use with Dogfight Elite. All the new issues I came up with are associated with it.

OLD ISSUES:
  • If I hit the ESC key to check status during a game, hitting it again will not close the status screen. It will only close by using the mouse on the onscreen resume button. It works correctly in DF so I assume the problem is not with my keyboard. This one is still there.
  • The win/loose screen that pops up at the end of a match is larger than the one in DF or is placed differently so that it covers the chat entry window. Kind of a minor thing, but it makes it impossible to give everyone the traditional “gg” at the end of a session.
  • Nametag size issue is still there.

NEW ISSUES:
  • As has been mentioned in other threads, the joystick seems a bit sluggish, and seems to possibly have a dead zone in the center. I don’t know how much of that has to do with the program vs how much is just the way joysticks are made. Cranking the joystick’s resistance spring all the way up helped.
  • The joystick will not work correctly with the tank. I can drive the tank, but when I switch mode to aim, neither the joystick nor mouse will move the cannon.
  • The Thrustmaster throttle works, but in a strange manner. The center position is neutral, if you move forward you increase speed, if you move backward you decrease speed.

Last edit: by S. E. Dailey.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 weeks ago #323252

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

Status as on 2-Mar-2016 at 10:50 (Eastern Standard Time):

OLD ISSUES:

NEW ISSUES:
  • Joystick seems a bit sluggish to respond, and seems to possibly have a dead zone in the center. At the same time, when it does respond it seems a little sensitive. Eventually having the option to dial back joystick sensitivity would be a plus.

• My joystick supports twisting to control the rudder (for games that have rudder control available). In DF Elite, twisting left drops the nose, twisting right raises it, and if your in the tank, in rotates the turret. :huh:

• The joystick will not work correctly with the tank. You can drive the tank, you can make it fire in either view, but you cannot aim the cannon. I finally noticed what was going on this morning; the cannon is locked straight up in the air.

• The Thrustmaster throttle works, but not perfectly. The throttle is odd; the center position detent is neutral (zero) position, moving it forward from there accelerates, but it won't start to decelerate until you get back past the center position. The opposite applies for decelerating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, nebular

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 weeks ago #323280

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
cannot access the squadron list lately... Win10 tab
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 3 weeks ago #323347

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat

Here's a new one. I go into Dogfight Elite, I get into a match, I lose connection. Not a big deal, I figure I'll just hop right back in, BUT the timers pop up on all the servers, and I'm invited to subscribe (just like in Dogfight). :huh:

Odd, but I gave it a try, and it would not let me subscribe. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 8 years 1 week ago #325605

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

New DF Elite update is available for windows players 8.1/10

This update has new planes but they are still locked though.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, nebular

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Dogfight Elite beta 1 for Windows 8.1 7 years 11 months ago #329975

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
When can we expect update for Windows pc
The following user(s) said Thank You: airwolff