Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shooting from a Distance 11 years 4 months ago #64351

• sgtMartin
  • sgtMartin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
I am not that good at this game but am addicted to it. I seem to get shot down from a distance most of the time. When I try the tactic, I never even hit a wing. How do I need to aim to accomplish shooting from a distance when all one can see is the name?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Shooting from a Distance 11 years 4 months ago #64355

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
It takes:
(1) an unwavering eye. You are looking for the dead center of the aiming circle, with accommodations for leading if the target is moving up/down/left/right at all.
(2) fine and controlled roll and pitch control to keep the target where you want it.
(3) a smooth trigger thumb that doesn't disturb the sight picture at all.

Some days I can do it well. Then there are others. It's such a fine maneuver that you have to be in the zone. Oh, and:
(4) All of the above, held finely, while the target is sending a stream of bullets at you.

I've gotten better in recent weeks, but there are many pilots who can impale me with their first two long range bullets and it's all over.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, ParrotHead

Shooting from a Distance 11 years 4 months ago #64382

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 109
deflection shooting takes time to learn. basically if you shoot at the plane "where it is" at that moment in time your bullets will arrive at that place AFTER the aircraft has vacated it. SO you must anticipate what place it will be when your projectiles arrive and give the plane some "lead" so your bullets will be arrive at the same place the ea does. here are a couple things you should know and practice.......

this is a great book and should be standard reading for "would-be" fighter pilots......

www.foinikas.org/ftp/public/Docs/Fighter...nd%20Maneuvering.pdf

a video from IL2 1946 talking about delfection shooting

m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=oqv6OoGNq9U&desk...ch%3Fv%3Doqv6OoGNq9U
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Last edit: by bobbysox.

Shooting from a Distance 11 years 4 months ago #64581

• nikkil
  • Thank you received: 11
We need o have a lot of practice here too. Befriend someone and ask them to tutor you, sounds like a good idea.
You're never a loser until you quit trying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

Shooting from a Distance 11 years 4 months ago #64868

• thenightmaresbegi
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I enjoy playing basketball. DRose all the way
  • Thank you received: 38
You'll need steady hands. Try to tighten up the muscles in your arms and powers your speed down to 100mph. Deflection shooting will come to you after you gain lots of experience, so don't expect it to come to you over night. Another thing, if you know where his bullets are going, you know where your bullets are going.
Kik me fellow pilots
~Username: thedarkmist262

Shooting from a Distance 11 years 4 months ago #64870

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Yea steady hands is the most important thing. As for speed, carry a bomb and ur plane will have the perfect speed for head on shooting. Keep ur sensitivity at 100 just make sure ur holding ur phone at a comfortable position

Shooting from a Distance 11 years 4 months ago #64904

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 109

bomer1 wrote: Keep ur sensitivity at 100 just make sure ur holding ur phone at a comfortable position

i was wondering about what sensitivity everyone had theirs set to. i have mine set down just above half...might have to bump it up to see if it helps...

Shooting from a Distance 11 years 4 months ago #64908

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
It won't help for head on but it will help alot for chasing but it will make head on harder

Shooting from a Distance 11 years 4 months ago #64912

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866

Bobbysox wrote:

bomer1 wrote: Keep ur sensitivity at 100 just make sure ur holding ur phone at a comfortable position

i was wondering about what sensitivity everyone had theirs set to. i have mine set down just above half...might have to bump it up to see if it helps...

Personally I prefer to optimize Chasing by having sensitivity at 100%. I figure if I don't kill the opponent in head-on, at least I have a fighting chance in the ensuing chase. Of course, if I get killed during the head-on because I keep missing, then my setup is not optimized for Staying Alive :cheer:

Besides, I SO much prefer the chase! (I think of the chase as dogfighting, and head-on as jousting or some weird form of chicken.)

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, Big Tex

Shooting from a Distance 11 years 4 months ago #64973

• Big Tex
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Y'all come by for some BBQ...
  • Thank you received: 898

Manfred wrote:

Bobbysox wrote:

Personally I prefer to optimize Chasing by having sensitivity at 100%. I figure if I don't kill the opponent in head-on, at least I have a fighting chance in the ensuing chase. Of course, if I get killed during the head-on because I keep missing, then my setup is not optimized for Staying Alive :cheer:

Besides, I SO much prefer the chase! (I think of the chase as dogfighting, and head-on as jousting or some weird form of chicken.)

Manfred

Totally agree 100% Probaly because I am very poorly skilled at the head-ons approach...Best I see that is a 50/50 at best. I prefer to barrel roll my way in and flip the half-loop to end up on your tail. Works for me much more successfully.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds