• Page:

TOPIC:

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61417

• bobbysox
  • bobbysox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 109
a week ago i wrote echo boom and suggested that they bring this game to the consoles. much to my surprise Joaquin emailed me back and said such an endeavor was in the works. talking with him further he said he was open to input from players and suggested i create a thread where people can voice their thoughts and ideas. while he didnt divulge too much about the game he did say he would be releasing a video soon in the coming weeks. i have not played the iPad version as much as i wanted. I really suck at flying by tilt method...that is why i am excited to hear its coming out on console. anyways i will kick this off with what i would like to see.

modes of play:
generally there are 3 modes of play...arcade, real, and sim. i dont have any views on arcade as i never play that style. in "real" the game should be pretty much as it is now...banners over the planes with player ID and side..arrows pointing to the direction of the closest enemy ..etc. "sim" should remove those banners and arrows. aircaft should be IDed either by visually determining what plane it is or by location on the HUD/radar. there should be an option to turn off the HUD/radar to add realism and difficulty. game should have the option to be "cockpit view only", have limited fuel and ammo, and the ability to land at your home field to rearm, refuel, and repair.

types of games:
as for combat being able to pick from different maps from WW1 would be great...in both summer and winter. the kinds of games: Team Battle...where 2 teams go head to head in air domination. Strike, players must bomb enemy ground targets....bunkers, artillery positions, trucks, tanks trains..etc. Capture The Airfield, a neutral air strip is positioned in the middle of the war zone. players must land and come to a complete stop to "capture" it. Dogfight, basically a free-for-all...every man for themselves...everyone is an enemy. Free Flight, a non-combat map where players can fly any plane and sight-see the map...barnstorm...just have fun. it actually would be fun to have a barnstorm map where you get point for flying under bridges..between poles...etc. also in the tutorial or as a map a gunnery range would be nice. a place where you can practice shooting at balloons, AI aircraft, strafe trucks, trains...etc.

Compatibility:
I really want to be able to use my flight stick when i play this. for xbox the main sticks are the AV8R, ace edge ( my stick ), and the HORI. for PS3 i believe the thrustmaster HOTAS and the HORI are most common. all of them have a "top hat" for free look...looking right, left, up and down. <<<< that aspect is important.

general suggestions:
better graphic are nice but not a deal breaker for me...i would rather have have the flight and damage models as close to real as possible.

have voice capability between players on the same team.

be able to create your own scenario...

have flak and ground fire shooting at you when you fly over enemy targets.

be able to pick time of day, weather, altitude, etc for each battle.

have the choice to respawn either in the air or on the field. that helps keep spawn campers from dominating the game.

the more plane the better. include the heavy bombers of the day and the option to play as the gunner.

that is a good start.... i know i am asking A LOT....and may not see most of this in the game. but the other things could be considered for DLCs and future add ons. I dont mind buying more planes and maps...as long as it is at a reasonable price.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bobbysox.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61478

• Ko102crew
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Bobby, I would love to see a game like this made for the console. I think its one area of air combat that has never been touched upon for Xbox or PS3. All of your suggestions are spot on, the one thing I would also like to see would be some sort of air race barnstorm style. I know a lot of air combat fans that have been waiting for a good solid WW1 game to come around for a long time.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61479

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
I can't wait but I would rather see squad wars ans squad support and bombers
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61495

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711

Ko102crew wrote: Hey Bobby, I would love to see a game like this made for the console. I think its one area of air combat that has never been touched upon for Xbox or PS3. All of your suggestions are spot on, the one thing I would also like to see would be some sort of air race barnstorm style. I know a lot of air combat fans that have been waiting for a good solid WW1 game to come around for a long time.

Actually there was a game for Xbox called "Wings of War" I think I still have it somewhere, it wasn't as good as I had hoped but oh well its still another flying game.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61550

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
i was going to suggest an air race map....which i think would be fun and add another dimention to the game. i designed several race courses for the old BoP maps....but i asked for so much to begin with....lol

jacob...i got into gaming very late in life....after all my kids had grown. so i never hear of the wings of war game you mentioned. my hope is Joaquin is able to pull off a great and successful game for the consoles. like i said i enjoy the game but am not that swift picking up the "flying by tilt" iPad thing. i am more prone to a joystick... but i really want a good WW1 console air combat sim game....got my fingers crossed and waiting for more info to be released.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61563

• Ko102crew

Jacob10000 wrote:

Ko102crew wrote: Hey Bobby, I would love to see a game like this made for the console. I think its one area of air combat that has never been touched upon for Xbox or PS3. All of your suggestions are spot on, the one thing I would also like to see would be some sort of air race barnstorm style. I know a lot of air combat fans that have been waiting for a good solid WW1 game to come around for a long time.

Actually there was a game for Xbox called "Wings of War" I think I still have it somewhere, it wasn't as good as I had hoped but oh well its still another flying game.

Yeah, there was also a game on PS3 called Red Baron Arcade but it was pretty bad, lol. I just love air combat and would love to play a good WW1 game that I don't need a pc to use.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61568

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7264
Thats a great idea bobby, i would love to play on a consol. i would like to see different maps, maybe targeting assist for the nubbs. Soinds fun just to talk about it. Lol

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61569

• [NLR]Jacob10000
Voice chat so you don't have to worry about getting shot while typing.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61577

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
How about a single player mission mode! Make it reallistic like guns jamming, engien failure, broken wings during battel! For the harder courses of course!

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61581

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Great idea(s)!

That said, the main element I would like to see is a better sync / normalization for combat between planes. The current system has serious issues at times due to communication delays, dropped packets (it is a world wide game) and server response / loading, and for all I know internal processing on the local device(s).

I have experienced many examples of both shooting at planes with the tracers going through the target and no hits and at other times, my tracers were not hitting the other plane yet I get a kill (gad, sometimes a blue), and many times the tracers from another are way off me and then I'm suddenly down. Also many times a big delay (seconds from a kill) and the notice that it is going down and the supporting visuals. Jumping planes and erratic motion have been a nuisance and also a notice to me (of late) that not all is as seen.

I'd also like to see some performance degradation with hits instead of the plane still running around just trailing smoke but still with full speed & maneuver capabilities. I know that it may take less to bring down in this state, but some planes seem to come down easier. (the ones I fly LOL)

Bullet trajectory was mentioned coming in the future - I'd love that, but unless there is better real-time position exchange makes it some what of a crap shoot. I suspect that some of the better players have attuned to some of the arcade moves and aiming that bring success after playing and adapting to the vagaries over time. Being somewhat of an old dog I'm much slower at this aspect. My wife tells me, you're a pilot, why are you getting shot down all the time?

Please, do not take what I am saying as a complaint - I love the game and the wide variety of players we have. I do find the flying model to be quite realistic although I would like some side visuals more like when flying a plane (never have found them in any simulator). I find the game fun, exciting and a challenge.

As a last comment, I would also be willing to pay extra money to support the development of the game, especially the internal flight and combat engine and supporting displays. Maybe some special membership. Maybe another way is to have it be a subscription service that requires renewal - set up in quarters, semiannual, or annual. Paying $5.00 and thinking it should be free and run forever is nonsense (IMHO).

May the coming new year bring good fortune to all, misfortune to none.

Peace!

David
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61585

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
IQQI i so agree with every thing you have said. I love this game also, but if the consol game comes out i really hope that they add evey thing we mentioned in here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iQQi

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61623

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
i would think that developers would be pretty restricted with programs for mobile devices and that the console would open the game up to a lot more dimensions, characteristics, and aspects. i have had what i call "rubber bullet syndrome" on some of the ww2 games i play.....pepper someone @$$ and not have the bullets register. basically it is a lag issue. i agree with the ideas above....maybe an icon that shows damage you have incurred....and loss of flight characteristics .... cant turn, climb as well....engine speed drops....pulls to one side...etc. but if you can disengage and get back to your home base...you get a new plane!!! voice....on xbox you can always open a party of up to 8 players...ps3 i am not too sure if they have something like that or not. but it would be good one the teams are set up and the game goes out of the lobby that there is com between team members. i am excited to see what Joaquin has worked out.

hamers...there seems to be a good "squad" or clan community here...i would suspect that would carry over with tournaments between the SQs...

one more thing i thought of is skins....while i doubt we will be able to use custom skins....perhaps we can earn different skins from the squadrons of the day....hat in a ring...etc. or have the ability to put decals on our planes. <<<< that is all window dressing and maybe something for later. like i said graphic and other gingerbread items are great but i would prefer a lot of other things like true flight models first.

Last edit: by bobbysox.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61627

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That would be cool to put our squad logos on our planes! I mean look at the red baron he had his on there, even his name on one of his planes! But i like the skin thing, make what you want one there. That would be cool!

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61631

• Hy flyer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Keep climbing.
  • Thank you received: 39
I think z is making new water features.and adding bombers.
Who ever dislikes you gets payback by something else.
My planes bullet proof.;)
Hy FLYER
the talking banana light
im always beyond the clouds or way over my head
;D

Once upon a time knights of the sky's were hey! But on a beautiful day we dueled and fell now red poppies cover our graves in Flanders...

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61650

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
I would love to see a this became a councle game but u can only use joystick. It it were available for the new wii thing where u can play on tv using motion then that would be great.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61683

• Ko102crew
I think everyone here has some really great ideas and a lot to bring to the table. I'm just a noob here but I can see there is a good solid core of players here that would support a console version. All it takes is for someone to have the vision and then the community support to see it through. I would love to see this get pulled off and would support it in anyway I can. With good responsible feedback the sky is the limit.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #61743

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

bomer1 wrote: I would love to see a this became a councle game but u can only use joystick. It it were available for the new wii thing where u can play on tv using motion then that would be great.

no...usually the game is set for the "game pad" of the brand game...xbox or ps3. it would use those buttons, d-pads, sticks...etc. there are several flight sticks that are available for each console and their set up is very different. i am hoping it includes those as and addition to the standard game pad. i agree...seeing this on a bigger screen will be awesome! it would be interesting to have it compatible with the Wii....or xbox kinect...but that (kinect) is extremely hard to do.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #62506

• CrypticPhant0m
This will be alwsome. i have been waiting for a ww1 game on the con for a long time.
~Birds of Steel~ Xbox and PS3

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #62512

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
cryptic...glad you made it over here brother. actually i need to talk to you...will PM you in a day or 2

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #62559

• CrypticPhant0m
Ok, will look for that PM.

Man, i cant stop thinking about this game. :)
They can keep the same graphics, just give me good physics and realistic damage.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #62564

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

bomer1 wrote: I would love to see a this became a councle game but u can only use joystick. It it were available for the new wii thing where u can play on tv using motion then that would be great.

Iam with u bomber can't go back to joy stick now I love it on iPad :woohoo:

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #62613

• [NLR]Jacob10000
I could play just as good on a real flight stick. I can do some nice precision stuff on FSX with a flight stick or a game pad with joysticks. If I could play from computer or console on my 55in TV that would rock!

Last edit: by [NLR]Jacob10000.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #62907

• CrypticPhant0m
Now that I have had some time to think about my wants and desires for this game I wrote down a few to share with you guys.

1. Flight Physics
A. Stalls should effect the plane when making a steep climb or engine carburetor failure.
B. Wind Gusts should effect plane movement.
C. Natural plane Lift, the plane should naturally lift after reaching a certain speed and not only when its on the ground.
2. Progressive Pilot Health
A. Bleeding out from bullet wounds
B. Red-outs and Black-outs due to steep dives or sudden sharp turns.
3. Ground Buildings and Airfields
A. Buildings should collapse or disappear in a cloud of smoke
B. Bomb Craters should appear and effect planes that travel over them. (Nose over or plane wobble)
4. Progressive Damage
A. Structural weakening to damaged areas of the plane, prohibiting sharp banks or steep dives less you rip off the wings.
B. Fire, fire should actually do damage to the areas of the plane that are a blaze and not merely cosmetic.
C. Oil/Water should leak if bullet hit the correct engine parts and should cause the engine to fail after some time.
5. Skins
A. Skins should be rewarded to the player after obtaining so many kills with a certain plane.

I have other ideas, but that's all for now.
Again this is just some ideas.

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #63036

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
now that i have had the chance to play online i can throw out a few more ideas.

i like that you can bail out and go on foot to drive a tank. if that option could be kept for the console came it would be great. either have it where you drive a tank or man an AA gun near your base.

in zeppelin games give the opportunity to be a gunner on the zep.

when a player logs in they should be able to see the existing games that are being played at the moment...the type of game ( if there are different modes) .how many players are in the game and who is hosting.
ie Sim: Capture the Carrier/8 players/Bobbysox

a player can elect to host and they should have these options to pick from:
the kind of game.....capture the carrier, shoot down the zeppelin, dogfight...
the mode....real, sim
max number of players
open game or private ( by invite only)
the map
weather
time of day

the host should have the ability to kick players from the game.....to keep team killers and spawn campers as bay

players should have the choice of picking the side they want to play...allies or german

for the planes we need rudder controls especially with the joystick

a bombsite or better bomb view

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #63098

• Allied
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
  • Thank you received: 162
I have a good game mode "Protect the Jaffa Cake Factory".I would like a British flying boat and realistic water.The water is solid and you don't even go through it a bit.
our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
[IMG]img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912171940...320px-Union_flag_160[IMG]

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #63111

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
banners over the players ( realistic mode) suggestions,,,,, this should be in the mobile device game as well.

along with the color ( red=enemy, blue=friendly) and name..there should be a distance from player listed. players should have the choice of meters or feet....depending on their nationality/preference. listing rank is not as impotant to me as distance. that way i know when to fire and when i am wasting ammo. so it should look like

BobbySox
+ < the plane
1025ft

also if the enemy is on the other side of a hill or land mark have that banner blink or muted to a different color so the player knows it.

there needs to be a "zoom view" feature. this will be especially needed in " sim mode" where there are no banners. that way you can see the Maltese cross or the roundels to ID the ac.

if people want to fly float planes there were some used during ww1....these would be cool....but the flight model would have to reflect the extra drag and weight these caused..... see reference below.

www.wwiaviation.com/float-planes.html

for realism in the console have actual ww1 tanks. you can speed them up for the sake of game play but people will like driving them.

for the carriers give us first generation carriers like the Langley. the more realism you add to the game the better the experience.

Attachments:

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #63962

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
was hoping the video wouod have been out by now. i always feel like a kid trying to sleep on christmas eve when i know something (news or a video )is about to come out about a game i am watching for...lol

Dogfight Console version suggestions 11 years 4 months ago #63969

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I would so like to see a movie made from this game, using all the big squads.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.907 seconds