• Page:

TOPIC:

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61176

• onsekone
  • onsekone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
I would like to get points from coward players who flee after I put my first burst on them. Usually low ranked cowards dive on ground after first hits. Higher ranked cowards try to escape with that smoking wreck and when they realize they cannot they simply leave the game.

I have seen even marshals misunderstanding the word "dogfight". Some think it means "try to flee and leave the game before getting shot".

I know its not a big deal but when it happends even 5 times in same game its annoying.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61181

• thenightmaresbegi
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I enjoy playing basketball. DRose all the way
  • Thank you received: 38

onsekone wrote: I would like to get points from coward players who flee after I put my first burst on them. Usually low ranked cowards dive on ground after first hits. Higher ranked cowards try to escape with that smoking wreck and when they realize they cannot they simply leave the game.

I have seen even marshals misunderstanding the word "dogfight". Some think it means "try to flee and leave the game before getting shot".

I know its not a big deal but when it happends even 5 times in same game its annoying.

God, I hate it when I'm just about to kill a noob...they crash. I mean it's funny, but then again, there goes my kill.
Kik me fellow pilots
~Username: thedarkmist262

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61198

• Flying muck
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2749
Hold on you two, how often as a noob did you guys crash trying to get away from a better flyer? Give the benefit of doubt and as for guys bailing, yes it sometimes happens, but just remember a lot of players get connection problems,so again give the benefit of doubt before you sound off and risk pissing others off!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maranatha

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61202

• onsekone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You know... There is a difference between crashing when trying to flee and diving to ground purposely. In most of cases you can even tell which one is it. Allso most of those crashers are not aspirants.

And there is a difference between trying to piss someone off and starting discussion about the subject. The later was my intent.

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61228

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
I hate when people leave during a chase

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61229

• Maranatha
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • AKA [1]Wolfman
  • Thank you received: 134
Before u count me coward,I have had a lot of lost connection problems and I think so have others.

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61241

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I also have connection problems which causes me to leave a game early.....Other times I have other things I must do so I will say gtg take care and then leave the game. I try to stay in until the end but its not always possible...

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61244

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I have no control over when I leave lately...... Do you ever complain when I disappear as I'm shooting at you...... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flying muck

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61260

• Hospitaller [V]
  • Thank you received: 11
Diving toward the ground to avoid fire and gain distance so as to turn a totally defensive situation into a position of advantge isn't cowardice... it is a sound combat tactic.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Edmund Burke
The following user(s) said Thank You: junkhole61, Paul Mantz, Jr.

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61262

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
He meant crashing onto the ground

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61264

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top dolllar paid for ur rusty wings
  • Thank you received: 705
Their was a major general, tryin to remember who, but in a dogfight game used some abusive words against 420 after she got him, then he got into chase fights with me, everytime i would get him smocking he would leave, and come back in 2 mins later. He did that like 5 times in the round. One time I was able to get the kill right before he was leaving. More fun than anyone should be allowed to have.

this is how i fly !!! :)

Last edit: by |111th|KptnSINGH.

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61265

• Flying muck
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2749

onsekone wrote: You know... There is a difference between crashing when trying to flee and diving to ground purposely. In most of cases you can even tell which one is it. Allso most of those crashers are not aspirants.

And there is a difference between trying to piss someone off and starting discussion about the subject. The later was my intent.

Well the title you gave this thread was not a good choice then, as Gen Jackson said, sometimes you have to leave, literally at the drop of a hat, I do and usually I end up just leaving the plane to crash and of course there is the ever present connection problem, so to title a thread as points from cowards is going to piss a lot of people off, probably to the point where they will be gunning for you in game, just to teach you a lesson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Dentinhead, Paul Mantz, Jr.

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61266

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flying muck

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61268

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866

Flyingmuck wrote:

onsekone wrote: You know... There is a difference between crashing when trying to flee and diving to ground purposely. In most of cases you can even tell which one is it. Allso most of those crashers are not aspirants.

Well the title you gave this thread was not a good choice then, as Gen Jackson said, sometimes you have to leave, literally at the drop of a hat, I do and usually I end up just leaving the plane to crash and of course there is the ever present connection problem, so to title a thread as points from cowards is going to piss a lot of people off, probably to the point where they will be gunning for you in game, just to teach you a lesson.

An excellent segue... onesekone, what is your in-game name? ;) I am one of those that leave games suddenly because of the auto-quit bug that plagues so many of our phones in recent releases. My DF game quits in so many inopportune moments, chasing pilots or being chased. It's a little arrogant to cast such a wide net, so thank you for your clarification on what you meant. Are you sure it's what you meant? It got a little foggy again after your follow-up posts.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Mr. Serious, *D~x~P-29*, Flying muck, Maranatha, Paul Mantz, Jr., ¥M4rtin¥

Last edit: by Manfred.

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61318

• onsekone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This topick became popular... :cheer:

Everybody has connection problems. I got out of game last time 2 minutes ago... Thats not the issue here..

My point is: If player crashes or leaves immedeately after being shot (No matter the cause) shooter should be rewarded by kill-points. Even if player tries to dodge bullets and crashes, the crashing occurs only because someone shot the player. Right??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vampire Priest

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61378

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866

onsekone wrote: This topick became popular... :cheer:

Everybody has connection problems. I got out of game last time 2 minutes ago... Thats not the issue here..

My point is: If player crashes or leaves immedeately after being shot (No matter the cause) shooter should be rewarded by kill-points. Even if player tries to dodge bullets and crashes, the crashing occurs only because someone shot the player. Right??

That scenario is true, and I suppose it can be annoying if you are highly concerned about points. But if you are that concerned over points, there is much more to consider, like the fact that if you get shot down after killing others, you won't log those points (I think). Such concern over points might lead some to kill one plane, go back to base, kill another, back to base... which would be quite unsupportive of the team in BombCarrier or BombAirport. My point is, no point system is perfect, and we just need to fly and shoot and not worry too much about the points.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flying muck, Paul Mantz, Jr.

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61379

• onsekone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Manfred wrote: My point is, no point system is perfect, and we just need to fly and shoot and not worry too much about the points.

Manfred

Right. Like I said before... Not a big deal, just annoying. Good thing on a subject is that my sight work has gone better. Now I have used more time on aiming first longer burst because I dont want to loose a catch...

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61380

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
U have to recognize the quitter s. This topic is pointing at everyone, it should only be pointed at some people who actually quit.

points from coward players 11 years 4 months ago #61699

• hammilton
  • Thank you received: 18
I prefer to circle back and put rounds in my attackers plane over crashing.

Why should you get extra points for something you didn't cause? Only the pilot has control over his plane until you've killed, until that point whether he crashes by accident or on purpose, you haven't caused this.

And aren't crashes punished by a loss of points already? It seems far more reasonable to punish such behavior than reward the dubiously-claimed "cause" of the activity.

And connection problems! Man, no kidding. I get disconnected constantly even from home on WiFi. It's not necessarily a signal issue.

I also hit the "Lock" button on my kindle. It's right below the volume button, held with my throttle/bombing hand, and I do a lot of throttle manipulation, and with annoying frequency (well, maybe once a day) I accidentally hit that button, locking it.

There are many, many reasons things happen, and people seem to assume they are the cause with improbable frequency. I don't think I've ever "rage quit" or ever seen the reason. I'd have to get getting killed 0-37 before I'd consider it!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.832 seconds