TOPIC:

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56124

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • [LB] Pedrinho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Well, it looks like I reached my "roof" in terms of playing skills.
I am at level 16, but not geting better since I reached level 10 or 11. I am being bored.
I can't play dogfight missions at all - I play for 15 minutes to bring down a couple reds, dye a lot and nothing more.
I suspect that I already took out all that my phone can deliver (a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V); anyway, I have a feeling that I simply can't improve my gameplay anymore... How sad.
Did anyone of you guys feel the same at some point? I want to know if this "sensation" is common, or it is only with me...
Thanks in advance! And sorry for my bad English - I am typing with Laura in my knees, and eating some living flying ants.

I took the RED PILL!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56125

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

Pedrinho wrote: Well, it looks like I reached my "roof" in terms of playing skills.
I am at level 16, but not geting better since I reached level 10 or 11. I am being bored.
I can't play dogfight missions at all - I play for 15 minutes to bring down a couple reds, dye a lot and nothing more.
I suspect that I already took out all that my phone can deliver (a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V); anyway, I have a feeling that I simply can't improve my gameplay anymore... How sad.
Did anyone of you guys feel the same at some point? I want to know if this "sensation" is common, or it is only with me...
Thanks in advance! And sorry for my bad English - I am typing with Laura in my knees, and eating some living flying ants.

Yes we've all been there before.
The same thing happened to me during my group captain ranks. I would kill a few reds and end up with a k/d of 3/10 in every game, just about ready to quit when a major general gave me some hope. :(

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56126

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
Yep..... ,,,,,, Try changing some setting's on your phone... tilt the phone down a little instead of flat... Might make your turn's tighter. Try just goofing off sometime's.... ;)

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56127

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Yea use motion, and tilt it little down to get better at turning fight. Thats why i started chasing, got bored with head on and couldnt improve more. And chazing u can always get better

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56128

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Thank you very much, guys... But I need some clarifying...
What is "goofing"?
And what do you mean with "tilt a little down"? Ok, I always played using accelerometer, and with sensibility setting at the maximum; but "tilt a little down" doesn't say nothing to me. Can you be more specific? Maybe refering to degrees, angles, or even posting some pictures?
Thanks again!

I took the RED PILL!

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56131

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
I know you love your little Laura but to do the moves you have to do to get better your little Laura must not be in your lap and the flying ants ..well they gotta go! Best advice is give phone to little Laura.. a week from now she will be Air Marshall!

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56132

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Here is a pic of sensitivity setting set at about 80%. It really helps me be more accurate. Also, always go after highest ranking enemy and watch what they do. Ask ?'s ingame, some times they will help.

If you build it, I will come.......and bomb it !!!
Attachments:

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56133

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Also. Join enigma. We have very talented players that are always willing to help a squad mate.

The weight of the enigma squad banner above the plane adds stability to your flight profile !!

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56134

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
goofing off mean's to just, umm, and, yea, Hard one to explain. Just have fun...I think we all got bored at some point. Try to fly and not be shot a couple of game's...go into a game or two for training not to be the best...
Do you use joystick or Motion? If motion, set the phone flat then tip the bottom up alittle and hit save...Just try different setting's for flying level...You can make tighter turns set up tilted forward but you have to lean forward to fly level....Just play around a bit with your settings and goof off in game once in awhile...Don't take it so seriously....Have fun... ;) you'll get better trust me....and the first time ya shoot Bomer down you'll be doing the happy dance.... :cheer: It'll happen....trust me....Your one of the fun one's in the game and on the forum...

ohhh and I agree with Kevy on the flying ants lololol

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56135

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352

Pedrinho wrote: Well, it looks like I reached my "roof" in terms of playing skills.
I susp :cheer: ect that I already took out all that my phone can deliver (a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V); anyway, I have a feeling that I simply can't improve my gameplay anymore... How sad.

It seems that way with me too, cant seem to get better....but it could be the lag and glitching for me...or maybe as you said..."i reached my cap"....frustrating sometimes, well most of the time...well ....i think im gonna cry....sorry...lololol just messin...

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56136

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Lol, i know what u mean dent.

And pedrinho, when u set the motion, tilt it down more thN u usually would. Dont tilt it down too much, just alittle than u usually would

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56138

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

--J-- wrote: Also. Join enigma. We have very talented players that are always willing to help a squad mate.

The weight of the enigma squad banner above the plane adds stability to your flight profile !!

He's already in MOM

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56144

• The striker16
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I have no idea what to put here
  • Thank you received: 445
And moms stick up for moms. Moms togethor killing enigmas forever right sputnik
Official Prodigy Math Officer

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56146

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
We won't hold that against him :)

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56161

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Thanks a lot, guys! I will follow your tips, and wait for this boring phase goes off.
And thanks for the squad invitation, but I wont leave MOM, because that mad old guys received me as I am, with no skills at All, just because of my age and my whacky EngRish.
Lets get fun!

Edit: As I can not give Karma points to everyone at once, it goes to the member with less points - thats J... :-)

Edit 2: Kevin, perhaps you didnt realise that I was serious about eating flying ants: I really meant it! They are delicious! Google it for "tanajuras": they are very apreciated by some crazy brazilians like me. I am just waiting Laura grow up a little to teach her how to get rid of the tanajuras claws before tasting them...

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, --J--

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56182

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

The striker16 wrote: And moms stick up for moms. Moms togethor killing enigmas forever right sputnik

Your growing up so fast!!!
:,D

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56195

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028

Pedrinho wrote: Edit 2: Kevin, perhaps you didnt realise that I was serious about eating flying ants: I really meant it! They are delicious! Google it for "tanajuras": they are very apreciated by some crazy brazilians like me. I am just waiting Laura grow up a little to teach her how to get rid of the tanajuras claws before tasting them...

I have only had chocolate ants on purpose! They were good. I think chasing them around would be a bit distracting?

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56324

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

I don't have any advice in particular, but I know how you feel as I hit my ceiling a few months back. Just like athletes, pianists, etc., the norm is to advance rapidly and then slow down as you near your natural ceiling. You'll continue to improve at the margins and experience is a good thing, but ultimately you need to accept yourself and not worry about it. Then maybe the fun in playing will come back. And a little teamwork/squadwork can help from time to time.

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56344

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Pluribus,

About accepting myself (and my skills) as I am (and as my skills are) is not the problem here - neither to me, for sure, nor to other MOMrades, I believe (I just make some jokes with my own weakness sometimes). The real problem here is how to avoid being bored, because I really have fun with this game (at least with bomb missions and with destroy the zep missions, because I avoid the other ones like hell), and I really don't want to leave this game to move to the next one, what is what I always did with other games I played.

When I said "how sad", in the original post, I wanted to refer to the fact that I am becoming bored, and not to the fact that I lack skills - although I recognize that my poor English and sometimes ambiguous text can lead to misunderstandings.

But thanks anyway, bud! ;-)

I took the RED PILL!

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56349

• The striker16
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I have no idea what to put here
  • Thank you received: 445
;) I got ur back man. And u should try all missions not just some.
Official Prodigy Math Officer

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56352

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!

The striker16 wrote: And u should try all missions not just some.

Striker,
If this comment of yours was directed to me: simply put, I don't like "capture the carrier", nor "pure dogfight", nor "protect the zep" missions. They are extremely boring missions to me. Is a matter of personal taste. So, when they appear on my screen I simply quit them, period. I only play some of these missions when I try several times and nothing better is available, and when I have only few minutes to spend (like when I am parked, waiting my wife in a shop, for example).

By the way, last night I spent long 8 minutes logging in and out with no success, looking for destroy-the-zep or bombing missions to play!!! It would be nice if Z implemented some kind of mission-browsing-menu...

I took the RED PILL!

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56353

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
This happened to me a few weeks ago.

Most games, I would sit out on the runway, and watch the action with my brakes on. Sometimes, I'd climb the Duckwing and watch from there. It seemed I had nothing to do!

Recently, I've been getting much better at head-on. It's mostly due to the fact that I actually started to TRY it, after trying to make myself look good in a game with two other NLRs. Right now, I'm experimenting with my newfound skills, trying to see who I can can't shoot head-on, how far, etc. So that's put much more fun in the game.

If Dogfight gets boring, try to find a friend in-game, and just chat below all of the bullets and bombs. It's always interesting. :)

Last edit: by Luna.

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56358

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Thanks, Princess.

About finding a friend in-game, I already do it, and chat a little. But typing and flying is like drinking and driving...
And about newfound skills, I want some!!! Were they under the bridge? Or inside the bridge's hangar? Or did you wait to a dry-lake glitche to catch it on the lake bed? ;-)

Seriously talking, I think that I will only improve my skills in some degree when I buy a bigger and higher-resolution-screen phone, because I am 42, and my eyes doesn't work like some years ago, and when I can spot the enemy's plane on the screen, is always too late for me...

And if gaming itself is becoming boring, imagine if I did what you did (merely watching)?!?!?!

I took the RED PILL!

I reached my cap... What now? 11 years 5 months ago #56413

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Luna6 wrote: This happened to me a few weeks ago.

Most games, I would sit out on the runway, and watch the action with my brakes on. Sometimes, I'd climb the Duckwing and watch from there. It seemed I had nothing to do!

Recently, I've been getting much better at head-on. It's mostly due to the fact that I actually started to TRY it, after trying to make myself look good in a game with two other NLRs. Right now, I'm experimenting with my newfound skills, trying to see who I can can't shoot head-on, how far, etc. So that's put much more fun in the game.

If Dogfight gets boring, try to find a friend in-game, and just chat below all of the bullets and bombs. It's always interesting. :)

I could train you. Then you can train me! :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.873 seconds