• Page:

TOPIC:

Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25383

• veidar2
  • veidar2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Why not increase the number of bombs the planes carry? Tanks have made this a valid question.

In a carrier game, you may, if the attack is well planned, find yourself with an almost unstoppable swarm of tanks coming at the carrier. Having an extra bomb to go would be useful. Tanks are hard bombing targets. Two bomb per plane wouldn't speed up the game too much, - only put the planes on a slightly more equal footing with the tanks!

Manouverability needn't be changed, - bomb-laden planes are slow enough as they are.

The same logic, only even more so, goes for DOGFIGHT games. Tanks are only a pain in the backside in the dogfight mode of play, serving primarily as spawnkillers at the bases. Their only real value in dogfight games is offering tank practise. If a player had enought bombs to be able to use them for tank hunting, this mode of play would become a useful practice ground not only for tank drivers but also for bombers.

If players learn to plan better, and make tank attacs more efficient, it might even be a good idea to add an extra bomb per airplane in bomb-the-airfield games.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25391

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Great idea!
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Last edit: by iQQi. Reason: spell

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25404

• Seattle2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Interesting idea! I like it though I'd keep the bombs to 4 or less. A pilot could then choose to fly with 4,3,2, 1, or no bombs. Maybe you could hit the bomb button before take off with the brake on to select the number you want to "load" at take-off. That effectively creates more a fighter-bomber option and you could make your choice depending on mission and situation.

I've always hated the spawnkilling tanks in dogfight but they have improved my tank-killing skills.

I haven't seen the problem of tanks swarming carriers, people are adjusting their strategies though it definitely seems like the games are longer and carriers are equally shelled or bombed from the air.

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25407

• Blain
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • SOCCER!!!!!
  • Thank you received: 47
this is a great idea! i had one like this before.

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25408

• Makaela
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I think it would also be good to limit the amount of bombs on tanks maybe to 10 or something
Don't ever quit.

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25412

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
planes used to have 4 bombs. you can take out up to 3 tents with 1 bomb so you could easly take out a whole airport on one run. tanks should be imited to like 15 or so.
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25464

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Indont personally like the idea of having multiple bombs.

With 2, you only need five guys to reach the carrier.

12 in ANY circumstance is wayyy too many. What if you had to enter a turning fight? Youd have to drop 12 bombs before you were ready!

As for tank shells being limited, i dont like the idea. I like to shoot at planes, and that takes lots of ammo.
See you in the skies!

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25467

• KTtheo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 297
it great when you blow a plane out of the sky with your little tank
always makes me laugh :lol: :lol: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25468

• NetRedding
  • Thank you received: 14

I also think that tank ammo should be limited. Planes and soldiers have a limited supply of ammo, but tanks are unlimited. Perhaps tanks could be purchased and upgraded in future releases.

I also would like to see tank damage in carriers games to be less than that of bombs drooped by planes (maybe 5% vs 10%).

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25469

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hamers wrote: planes used to have 4 bombs. you can take out up to 3 tents with 1 bomb so you could easly take out a whole airport on one run. tanks should be imited to like 15 or so.

I'm not talking about many bombs in bomb-airport games, the way these games work today.

Today, when ther is no order or plan to the tank attacks, those games are well balanced, and tanks are an integrated part.

In dogfight games, though, many bombs would not unbalance the game, only allow for bombing practice.

I also suggested two bombs in bomb-the-carrier games, because at times now those games are swarming with tanks, and since anti-tank bombing is little used now, encouraging it in this way would in fact mean an extension of the gameplay.

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25486

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well to what calvin said the tanks have a machine gun would you like it if you had ammo for that?

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25489

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

NetRedding wrote: I also would like to see tank damage in carriers games to be less than that of bombs drooped by planes (maybe 5% vs 10%).

We all said that when tanks were brought into the bomb-the-carrier games.

Now it's more difficult, because there would be an outcry among the tank enthusiasts if their machines were reduced in power.

Increasing the relative power of the airplanes in these games, however, is a solution that doesn't take anything away from anybody.

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25491

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
So true vir. I agree.

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25516

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
If the tanks had a machine gun, yeah, id like that limited. I think a machine gun would overpower thw tanks, tho. Itd make plane kills too easy.
See you in the skies!

Re: Two bombs in carrier games, twelve in dogfight? 11 years 9 months ago #25521

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
If it had machine guns I would have the ammo at 4 bombs and 150 machine guns. Less machine gun but more bombs slower but more aromred. It about evens out.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds