Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17001

• Mick Mannock
  • Mick Mannock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
For those of you who don't know, it's www.dogfightplay.com/topplayers

I know the most important factor is your rank (aspirant etc)

Beyond this I can't see any pattern. There are always some players who have a poorer score in all the columns but still get a better ranking

So how does it work?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17003

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Its based on XP points. A rank 22 with 54,989 points would be further than a rank 22 with 32,493 points. Get it? :)

Hey, Mick, are you interested in becoming an Enigma? We're a pretty strong squad. ;) :P

Cya in the skies! :)
See you in the skies!

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17021

• *Cloudbuster*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Keep Your Head In The Clouds
  • Thank you received: 60
I think parachuting is very important. I never do it because there is no fire button when I parachute and it also ruins my calibration. Looking at players that are ranked above me that have much worse stats I've come to conclusion that it costs me major points. Beyond that how much you play obviously counts alot. I'd like to see top 100 by kills, kill ratio, hangars bombed, game winning percentage etc. I think it might cast a different light on the rankings.

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17029

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
50 points every time ur succesful. Its hitting the zep anymore, since z gives u points for shooting it. U could have no kills but still be on the top 100 list. :) B)
See you in the skies!

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17054

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I tried to bring this up in another post and it was a major fail for me.... lol ... I am one of the ones that has very low #'s. I have notice some things for example kills, alot of people hit the retry button almost everytime they are killed I alway's parachute and try to make it to the ground this makes a difference it will save point's if you have previous kills. You can lose points if you hit retry. So it is possible for 2 people with the same amount of kills to have a very different point's spread. The person with less kills can have more points. Because I feel I do not belong on the top 100 I have been watching other things and figured some other small things out. This game has been really thought out it's not just a simple shoot em up game. There are things to watch for and learn that will give you a little advantage in the points.

Calvin I hope you don't make me regret this :) :dry:

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17060

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'll do my best. ;) one word. ZEPLIN
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17066

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I've only had a handful of zeppelin games. Do you agree that some one with less kills can have more points than someone with more kills. I am only talking kills. I am not factoring in anything else. Let's just take 10 kills for instance full points is 500 right... but with those 10 kills you could only end up with say 250 to 300 points and even less depending on how you play the game....This is true. I have tried different scenerios while playing and have lost and saved points depending on how i reacted to a situation (example being shot down).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flymagic

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17068

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Only a few zep games? Ur lucky, i hate the things. :P

Yeah, i definately see that. I guess chutes make a bigger difference than i thought. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17074

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352

dentinhead wrote: I've only had a handful of zeppelin games. Do you agree that some one with less kills can have more points than someone with more kills. I am only talking kills. I am not factoring in anything else. Let's just take 10 kills for instance full points is 500 right... but with those 10 kills you could only end up with say 250 to 300 points and even less depending on how you play the game....This is true. I have tried different scenerios while playing and have lost and saved points depending on how i reacted to a situation (example being shot down).

I agree with you dent.....i should have way more points and higher on the ranking than i am....most of the time i either get phone calls or hit retry....this takes away all of my earned points.......the phone call kind of irritate me cause it kicks me from the game.....i guess i shoud not have down loaded this game on my business phone...lol

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17076

• Flymagic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I CAN SEE YOU FROM MY BIRD'S EYE VIEW !!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Dent send me your phone number so next time your kicking me around the sky. I'll ring you so I get a break!

I noticed while looking at my ranks rating chart. The pilots with the most kills don't show a comparable WIN total. For the majority. This leads me to conclude that JUST shooting well doesn't accomplish the assigned goal. Do you notice that at other ranks as well?

WE FLY WITH HONOR, INTEGRITY, AND PRIDE !

An avatar is how people are SEEN on the web. Mine will be an expression of what I SEE. I hope you enjoy!

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17097

• Seattle2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
This keeps coming up and I'm mystified why Zuperman won't just disclose the point formula and show more of the statistics behind it... I've tried to back into the formula but there isn't enough information.

Since (2) hangers bombed, (2) carriers bombed, (3) shots on zepplin, and (4) kills all get points you can have big differences in points depending on style of play.

Since crashes are negative points like deaths, keeping crashes down is key to building points.

Last, saving points by jumps and landing back at base helps preserve what you've earned.

It would be nice just to disclose the data and the calculations so this will stop coming up again and again. The point obsessed will keep complaining and questioning the formula - or spawnkilling from the air and tanks. I totally agree that the ratios and percentages are better measures of skill since rank/points generally relates to how long and how much you play. I used to track my own stats to see the fun of improvement... anyone with Kill:death ratio near or above 2:1 can play their way to the Top 100.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flymagic

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17100

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Even if its disclosed, it will come up. People still complain about their account being deleted, and its been explained in the past that its NEVER DELETED. server is full? People flood the forum. Lost connection? Post. It'll just keep happening. :P
See you in the skies!

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17162

• *Cloudbuster*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Keep Your Head In The Clouds
  • Thank you received: 60
There is a top 100 player who has a negative kill ratio so 2:1 isn't required. Kill ratio doesn't really seem to be that important unless you want to crack the top 10.

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17165

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Technically, kill ratio doesnt matter for the rankings, but it does to actually be good. My kill ratio has gotten worse lately cuz ive been tryin dangerous stuff. Tried to land on the platforms in the zep, on the carrier tower, etc. :P
See you in the skies!

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17177

• Ksta315
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 61
I've found that if you actually do what the mission calls out for you go up through the rank faster. I haven't played much this week, been busy at work, lol ;) , but in the prior weeks I was climbing through the ranks very fast because I was doing what the mission called out, not trying to rack up the kills. If you look at my stats you'll see me deads are greater than my kills. If you bomb the hangar and crash to respawn at your base with a new bomb rather then flying back, landind and reporting you do not gain as much. Same way in bomb the carrier. Take this input with a grain of salt, as I am only a player, I'm not a program nor did I help create this game, these are only my observations. I believe that the point system and ranking formulas are fair and just, kudos to the creator(s)! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, |111th|Kevy, Flymagic

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17184

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Well put its exactly what I think! That is why the top ten are not major spawn killers. They do but in the spirit of the mission and try to play the game. Get in there and getr dun! Trying to stay alive and accomplish the mission gets you points! It also makes it fun for everyone! Don't mind getting spawn killed if they are getting a bomb in. It's awsome to see a super ace plow a hole for his team.

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17194

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Stop paying attention to th ranking, xp, and money. Just go with the flow and be a team player. Ive taken plenty of bullets to get teammates thru to bomb. :)
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Tex

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17206

• _eBu_
  • Thank you received: 23
i think there should be smt we dont know about the ranking when you compare some numbers..some of them can be explained with parachutes&zepplin but some cant....but still i believe everyone is in his place cause he deserves, including you dentinhead :9 dont be so modest..i believe none of the statistics gives you the best player, ok they of course give an idea, but statistics can take you to wrong sometimes..cause you dont play in the equivalent conditions always, the number of the team players, the skills of the team players, the style you fight (for team or self) and many more parameters..i certainly believe that there may be players who are no even in the first 100/200, but are skillful to be in the first 20/30..so the field is the only and the most right place to say who is better as long as to keep in mind that everyone can perform better/worse on different days..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Flymagic

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17213

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey flymagic my phone # is listed under the button identified as a square with the letter's QUIT inside. You should reach me every time you hit this :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Jokin Bud lolololol Thanks eBu,,, and I agree with the performing better/worse on different day's statement. Mine really seem to be worse. I think this is a very good post. After reading through this post again I think it could help someone decide how they want to play the game , what works best for them and if your getting shot down alot don't get frustrated keep pushing to complete the mission. There are way's to save points even on bad day's. Play the way that's best for you and your team. Thanks for bringing this up Mick

Re: How are the top player rankings calculated? 11 years 11 months ago #17214

• Ksta315
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Calvin, I agree, just play have fun and especially help your teamates. This is a great game where you can chat with good people. Besides that the ranking system shows, really, how Long the player has played. The top players obviously played a lot more than an aspirant, unless the aspirant created a new account. :silly:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds