added realism pysics and awsomeness 12 years 7 months ago #1148

• corsair
  • corsair's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cows go MOO
  • Thank you received: 13
Warning: Spoiler!

as u may or may not know i play IL*2 1946 online (look it up noobs) with some of the best pilots ever.
I think this game will benifit alot if it has more added realism. i know it will be hard to put some of this stuff in the game but it is for a future referance. i noticed that will the latest patch, even if a plane had a higher turning rate, it was srt of inifective because planes turn better at higher speeds in the game where these planes have low speed. both kinds of planes had no the same but extremely similar turn rate. just like in realitly u should make it so that u turn a slow speeds better but loose speed as u turn. If u hit a sertain (very low ) speed u can have the plane become ill manuverable (as u already have in the game). this make it so the planes will have to steadily make their way to the deck before one plane is on the other;s six or the slower, stalled out plane, has to pull out of the turn. in reality this is a form of TNB turn and burn. another thing that we could ad is the fact the planes keep their speed for longer in dives or climbs. when a plane dives they r fast and always gaining speed. there should be no limit but faster planes can go lets say to 220 mph without loosing a wing as compared to a slower plane that can only go 190 mph without disintegrating just like in reality. as a fast plane dives, he may steak out of the clouds get some quick hits and using hit speed he has gained, which will slowely go down at level flight but quickling in a climb, to climb back to altitude and set up another run. PS he will loose a little alt every time. this is called BNZ and is best for planes with high speed and lots of armerment.

I believe this will make the game much more realistic, fun and more challenging (mainly for longtime users)(but still fn for noobs to learn) as people will have to learn real life tactics to bring out the best of them , their team, and their aircraft.
lastly planes can have not a two hit :health bar: but rather damage counters such as 3 hit to engine 4 hits to wing or 1 hit to cocpit will take out a plane graphic of the plane can show how much damage has been taken
remember this is only a future REFERANCE.
i have two videos below #1 is BNZ , the second is better for planes with much more manuverability and ability to go slower without stalling (TNB) these videos were made by my squadron mate, Bigsilverhotdog. hope u enjoy!
Nobody won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor SOB die for his!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: added realism pysics and awsomeness 12 years 7 months ago #1152

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
I didn't see the videos. Did you insert them with the "video" button on here when you type messages? Otherwise I think the forum system removes it.

Good suggestions btw, although the physics were like you mention in the old days and people were complaining the game was too difficult. So I made it less realistic. I'm thinking of maybe adding more realism the more you progress. So a rank 1 to 5 will have the existing realism and then increment little by little until you hit pro level.

Re: added realism pysics and awsomeness 12 years 7 months ago #1154

• corsair
  • corsair's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cows go MOO
  • Thank you received: 13
u can have it so there is a arcade, realstic and a similator server n people get to choose which one they want to join :) for videos go to youtube and type these in seperatly the vids should come up they r made by bigsilverhotdog.

Fighter Tactics #7 - "Boom and Zoom"
Fighter Tactics #8 - "Rolling Scissors"

enjoy :)
Nobody won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor SOB die for his!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.742 seconds