Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8247

• Backwood
  • Backwood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok I find myself learning the steady hand at a distance getting better everyday BUT...yes a but....in close encounter dog fighting is where I need some pointers I find that to be my weakpoint... I don't have much of a problem when my plane is faster it is easy to catch up in a loop but with the highly skilled players for example....Chan is master...420...tgmulan...mbizzi...skydavis...B....Reid....and many others please don't take offence if ur name isn't here as there are alot of skilled players but if your flying same plane ..same speed ...when in close encounter how do u get around loop so fast catch up and take your opponent out? This is by far my weak point and I no it may come in time and experience of playing the game but just curious as if you could let me no anything that I could work on? ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8249

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Hey backwood, I'm green freedom. As you know, I am not the best pilot ever, but what I do in those kind of situations is spin, then cut underneath the other plane and try to get behind them. If u can't do that, I suggest u go to practice and work on your spinning tequniques. Personally I think you are an amazing pilot, but if you say you need to work on that stuff then....... Who would know better. Hope to see you soon in the wild blue yonder, until then

Green freedom
[img]i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/myatsoethet/squadleader.jpg[/img]

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8251

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
Yeah mate, Green suggested a technique I often use. However, it's very difficult if your plane isn't faster than the other players.

There are a variety of techniques to employ, based on your enemy's skill level. You just have to get crazy with it mate. Spins, flips and stalls will get you really far. For example, I was being tailed by 3 enemy craft yesterday. They all began gaining on me -- so what I did was allow them to get fairly close, pull up sharply, kill the engine, free fall down, "turn" downwards while freefalling, hit the engine, and bam! All 3 targets were nicely in front of me, whom I easily hit. One preceded to call me a hacker. :P

Flips, spins and stalls mate!

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8252

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I agree with Slenderman, that is a very good tequnique that he just told you. I did a very similar thing, it had a different outcome though because I was a LT then, and I was up against Chan Is Master. Boy did I get whipped :cheer: But that is a very good move to make, depending on your enemies skill level. Also, if you find yourself in a jam, drop your bomb, it makes you go faster.

Cheers

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8277

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
slenderman, thats an awesome idea. i got 12 kill ins a game just from using that. i cant figure out any way that you could counter it. its an awesome move i love it. much better than my usual swerving and barrel rolls lol. if your circling with someone, a really simple, low level move is to just keep going, cut engine,and then you can make a tighter turn and then speed up. not as effective as slenderman's move, but it works. ive been using it until i saw slenders idea.
See you in the skies!

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8278

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Hahahah, awesome mate! Glad it's working great for you!

I know how to counter it -- but I'll keep that to myself. I don't mind sharing tips -- so long as I always have an edge. ;)

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8293

• Hy flyer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Keep climbing.
  • Thank you received: 39
Well I found out this one trick if you need to confuse the enemy .pull up turn you r engines down (it leaves you exposed but not if their going in circles trying to figure out where you are) glide down spin while doing it if you get it right you do this cool spin turn your engines back on immediately.hope it works :cheer:
Who ever dislikes you gets payback by something else.
My planes bullet proof.;)
Hy FLYER
the talking banana light
im always beyond the clouds or way over my head
;D

Once upon a time knights of the sky's were hey! But on a beautiful day we dueled and fell now red poppies cover our graves in Flanders...

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8311

• gen. rock
  • Thank you received: 3
I've found when someone is catching me in a turning fight, I cut opposite direction and back. It gives me a small window to put one in their cowl. If I miss I repeat until they're Earthbound and flaming!

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8313

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Hahahah! I loved the way you phrased that Gen. Rock. Good call!

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8318

• Wat up dogfight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Be Respectful and be bountiful to others:);)
  • Thank you received: 24
Well, in a turning battle it isn't really my strongest either backwood;), but if I'm in a real mood to chase here's what I do: when the enemy is about to go behind you start turning left or right, then pull up to the skies and let your plane come down and turn left. After, just keep turning left for 2sec then turn to the right for 2sec repeatedly until you think you have enough, then make a sharp turn to the left or right( depending on where you stopped your turns as I explained) and hopefully you will see your opponent, but make sure to hit him fast:) Hope this works mate

C you all in the skies
If you lose in the outside you win in the inside.

Last edit: by Wat up dogfight.

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8319

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
For all thouse people like me that aim at the grou d and shoot the sky my tactic just not get hit by the bulits force the Eng my in to a turning fight pull up as hard as the plane will go giving me full extent of my turnes. I allso flick and twist my rist rapidly for quick rolls so when people do what gen rock do they don't get that windo becuse your right on there tail just trying to get your dot in the right spot to hit them wich is my major weakness I can't hit planet earth if I tried to as wat up dogfight saw last night lol that was a good fight to. Well anyway the idea of what I told you guys to do is to stay on your guys tail at all times. The only way iv seen people counter it is by killing me in a head on when I'm stuped enuth to try it or they kill there engender and I don't realize it till its to late and over shoot them but I still can youse that as my advantage by pulling up claiming and then dropping into a dive in them while there still trying to get back to speed wich leaves them vurnrible becuse the slower your going the slower you pull off the manuvore. The others way to counter this is to have your buddy try to kill me. So I have to deal with two of you insted of one where I will go for the guy with the beter aim first or the guy who is being more aggressive. So what I'm doing is copying every move my enemy makes with a few added rolls loops clips dives zig zags that stuff to make sure there is a bit of distance between us just I case the guy drops throtel. Well I hope this helps a lot of you guys with what your doing.

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8320

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
Speaking of wich anyone care about giving up some aiming secrets becuse I feel like I'm hitung the guy a thousand times and it looks like it on my iPod but frome the way things are I'm hitting empty space I'm just confused at what point in front of the plane you aim for becuse some times when I'm close to a plane I shoot in front if it it gets hit others times I aim un same place nuthing then I aim at the tail of the olane and get a hit then at long distance I aim 5 miles infront if it hit it then aim 1 mile in front if it miss but it looks more like aiming at one mile is hitung it becuse the flashes if bulits go to plane disaster where at around the 5 mile the mile is exaggerated the bulits ampere to go on by way in front if plane then disapear but it givs me a hit so I'm wondering uf your sites or like this or if my iPod is just crap and confused. I would like to hear where you guys aim to hit planes to. Iv realized you must aim differently for each plane becuse of speed diffrences.

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8323

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
In a way it's easier to hit a distant plane that consists of only five or six pixels, because whichever pixel you get centered in the sights, you'll score a hit. When you're close you have to actually hit the wings or the fuselage, and there's a lot of open space between the wings..

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8325

• Historygeek13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I use an iPad 2, so I. Don't really have an aiming problem. I guess you should experiment until you get it. I hope you find your groove soon, skydavis, cheers.

Green freedom

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8341

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Yeah, I find using a mobile device's screen far superior than streaming Dogfight onto a large screen. I just find it more precise and easier to hit players.

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8342

• Hy flyer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Keep climbing.
  • Thank you received: 39
Whenever I'm on my iPod I just see the source of he bullets before I shoot
Who ever dislikes you gets payback by something else.
My planes bullet proof.;)
Hy FLYER
the talking banana light
im always beyond the clouds or way over my head
;D

Once upon a time knights of the sky's were hey! But on a beautiful day we dueled and fell now red poppies cover our graves in Flanders...

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8343

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
i use the ipad2 cuz you have the advantage of larger bullets and targets with out it being too distorted, like if you connect it to a TV.
See you in the skies!

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8347

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
I must add -- I'm using a retina screen. I can't stand playing Dogfight on anything but a retina/high quality screen. It just looks choppy.

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8356

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
what do you play on slenderman?
See you in the skies!

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8449

• VortexIII
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
There is a simple, easy strategy I can teach. While slenderman's idea works, it often makes u a sitting duck or results
In crash at low alt. but, this strategy will work. Get head on and just miss. Then, look back at UR opponent. ( I'm. Talking less than a second peak) u don't even really need to do that. Anyway, since the enemy aircraft is faster than yours, it is less maneuverable. Therefore, doing a split s( do some research, very simple) will result in a perfect falling of the opponent onto your sights

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8462

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

VortexIII wrote: There is a simple, easy strategy I can teach. While slenderman's idea works, it often makes u a sitting duck or results
In crash at low alt. but, this strategy will work.s

It's common sense to do it at the minimum heading of 300. I'm guessing you executed it wrong by doing it much too soon which will indeed put you in the sites of your enemy.

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8488

• VortexIII
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Slenderman, I am sorry but I am very confused by that post; could you say that in a more layperson vocab.?

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8491

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
Um Vortexlll it's beter to have a plane that is faster becuse it gets the same agilty as the slow planes but it pulls the manuvir much faster making for you to quickly put your enemy under yiu guns.

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8517

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Hahahah, sorry. I wrote that 5 minutes after waking up, Vortex.

Basically get a decent amount of height (the 300 mark is best) before attempting that. And when you do, make sure your enemy is somewhat close to you. :p

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8533

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
:woohoo: iv finaly gotten a good aim iv actuly beat people in a head on lol for the first dang time now I can't stop doing it lol it's to great now I can do both out turn people and beat them in a head on. Now I'm getting some where I learned how to sim watching wat up and I learned to turn frome 420 when I was a asprent. So I'm saying thank you to wat ip dogfight and 420 now. Thoue I still need to work on my aim some I'm still no wat up dogfight at it.

Last edit: by SkyDavis.

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8550

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Very nice! Isn't it great to see how far we've come?!

Re: your secrets to being excellent...... 12 years 2 months ago #8555

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
Yep 420 did a realy good job teaching me to turn well it made me a ace the next minut lol not literally but very close the next day I was killing like crazy just with a very bad aim every died in point blank range.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.547 seconds